It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ECON: Just say NO, and the course of history can change: Gerald Celente

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Yes, speak Up.

Act now.

These people did.

No one had to remind them either.

No written laws necessary here:

Early Man

Interesting, no?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
It seems that buying into gold maybe the safest option, but a lot of organisations that offer to look after your gold for an anual fee in THEIR vaults, this sounds like a similar situation with the banks, you put YOUR money in THEIR banks, so the control is still with them.
So apart from having gold under the bed ,you are still at their mercy, any thoughts???

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Good work! S&F.

My foavorite bit (of course
) ...

You can not continue to poison the air, poison the water, poison the food, grow animals on these factory farms, and not have break downs of immune systems. Whether or not it happens, whether it is Swine flu or SARS, bird flu, you name it, there is going to become a time when there is going to be a real pandemic. It has to happen. Again, you can not poison people in massive numbers and not expect immune systems to break down.

Thanks! Looking forward to your next article!

sofi

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
So, a spokesman for the middle east gold lobby is available to do massage segments on network TV.

Whoop de doooo.

You need to talk to more people.

You need to read more about the 60s.

When you've got your mass media job that you're aiming for, using the credibility you're trying to build as a middle class riot bunny, of course you'll be doing stories like this all the time, riiight?

Which is why we need to go more towards a direct Democracy. Where people decide what they want.

A direct democracy?

A direct democracy?

A direct democracy?

A direct democracy?

More towards a direct democracy? "Yeah, you know, where people decide what they want..."

It's vague. It doesn't make sense, chuppachup.

If he means that power is got by riots and protest, then he is both ignorant and misleading. Riots reinforce the powerbase of whoever they are directed against.

O, and he mentioned massage so that the subject will come up if he meets you in person. You're obviously a fan, and he's a middle aged man

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by undermind

He is actually implying that with the technologies today, there is NO reason why we cannot utilize these technologies in a fashion to create one massive "New England Town Hall Democracy".

For example, off the top of my head. What if it was mandated Congresscritters HAD to vote on what their constituents decided they would prefer? What if along with a Birth Certificate, Social Security Number, we where given a Pin Number .. and this unique number, like a SS number, allowed us one single vote to an "online" type voting system for EACH BILL brought before Congress. What we collectively decide, the Gov must do. We thus have a direct democracy, not representative. Perfect? No. Nothing is after all, but it's a thought.. and as Mr. Celente says, thoughts are progress, and we need progress.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere
reply to post by ATS Press Corps

If we stand up without a plan we will play into the hands of the controllers and are sure to see that the detention camps exist. "Tea bagged", "toe tagged" and "enemy of the state" will be our descriptors.

Just a thought on that one. From a Marketing view point, take something out of their mouths that they have planted and turn it against them.
Call it the New World Order.
It could be easily twisted around on them. As they have spilled their Bull Sh!t over the years calling for it and how good for the people it would be.

It would not take long to get masses on board as they are too lazy to look into any real facts. Maybe it's time to turn the tables on them.

If you think about the name, it would fit to put things back on course. You can re-label anything. A decided Doctrine should be written as to what the New World Order is. Just take the whole thing and turn it against them.

They came up with it and did not define it, they just made it sound real good for everyone. They cannot use it because of people like most here on ATS.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by undermind

He is actually implying that with the technologies today, there is NO reason why we cannot utilize these technologies in a fashion to create one massive "New England Town Hall Democracy".

For example, off the top of my head. What if it was mandated Congresscritters HAD to vote on what their constituents decided they would prefer? What if along with a Birth Certificate, Social Security Number, we where given a Pin Number .. and this unique number, like a SS number, allowed us one single vote to an "online" type voting system for EACH BILL brought before Congress. What we collectively decide, the Gov must do. We thus have a direct democracy, not representative. Perfect? No. Nothing is after all, but it's a thought.. and as Mr. Celente says, thoughts are progress, and we need progress.

I'm not here to pick holes in people's ideas. I've in fact thought about the idea of internet intervention in the actions of congress. It's very interesting.

Mr Celente actually uses the word "revolution". Using the word doesn't make him one, but it does make him a discusser/proponent of failed concepts, as if they haven't failed.

It's like, the yippies (Abie Hoffman) and the hippies take "credit" for ending the war in Vietnam. Yah, and I guess 6,000,000 North Vietnamese casualties had nothing much to do with it. Celente's views are like the hippies views to me: they never get past the self-referential.

Edit: To correct number of NV casualties

[edit on 9-5-2009 by undermind]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by MajorDisaster

The interview section itself, without an intro or outro, is 34 minutes, 24 seconds long, and the mp3 file is 10.239 MB. That could be a factor in the release or non-release, I don't know.

nenothtu out

[edit on 2009/5/8 by nenothtu]

It's called Streaming Flash. Most video and music now is done with it.
I did it with one of my sites over 3 years ago. We had to hand code it and it was hard to do then because it had not really been done much at that point.
But now it's easy as they have the codecs to do it.
I was streaming 256k bit music and dial ups could have it. In fact it's still up to this day and I have never had to touch it with all the browser changes.
It allows massive files to get put across little bits at a time and keeps it stiched together while it is playing. The one we had setup never stayed on the hardrive at all and you could not copy it.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Great interview.

I'm not sure exactly why, but this line really stood out...

C --- It is junk news! NBC, had me down there to do the "Today Show". They set up a whole off-location production for me to talk about massage and why it was popular!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Having listened to the Podcast which does indeed exist, I must say this was truly a stand up moment as it was not so much the words spoken in volumes, but the energy behind what he said and the passion of his conviction for every human being on the planet.

Hmm, how is it that you and nenothtu have heard the audio and the rest of us have not? Maybe the rest of ATS would love to hear the energy and passion and conviction in his voice too!!!

No fair

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
another point that gets me... is the Just Say No jibberish...

the House defeated the first bill aimed at bail-outs & $700Billion
of tax payer money to 'save the financial system'
I recall that the public opinion was 300-1 in 'Saying NO!'

but, that situation lasted less than a week before the Senate
gutted out a Bill that had been sitting in a sort of purgatory
put in all the wording of the old, defeated, TARP, $700Bn Bill
And Lo-and-Behold... the 300-1 majority of the public was told
to sit back because they don't understand the intricacies of systemic failures.

the small body of elites that Celente says does not exist....
Paulson, Bernanke, Kashkari.. and the network of corporate top 10% execs. in prominent power centers i.e. GoldmanSachs, JPMorgan, et-al
this cadre, carried out this coup that has essentially taken over the reins of govt.

the Classical Greeks tried pure democracy, it failed...
having computer voting won't make democracy work now either...
besides he's forgetting the 'rigged' electronic voting accusations flying all over the political landscape....

at best the messages put out are populist...at worst, he's a disguised shill for the pupet-masters
thumbs-down,

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by undermind
You're obviously a fan, and he's a middle aged man

I know this was not said to be nice to the OP but i thought the statement brought up a good point. it became very apparent to me just after reading the first lines the interviewer really likes his/her subject. I admit to feeling somewhat nauseous when i read ," You are so brilliant". I'm not saying i disagree with Celente. I won't say how i feel either way but i feel just fawning all over the guy was inappropriate. There was no serious challenge to the guy in the interview. He was never asked to truly bring out the data and prove what he was saying. It was like reading one of the many interviews he does on youtube. Same catch phrases and all.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
another point that gets me... is the Just Say No jibberish...

the House defeated the first bill aimed at bail-outs & $700Billion
of tax payer money to 'save the financial system'
I recall that the public opinion was 300-1 in 'Saying NO!'

but, that situation lasted less than a week before the Senate
gutted out a Bill that had been sitting in a sort of purgatory
put in all the wording of the old, defeated, TARP, $700Bn Bill
And Lo-and-Behold... the 300-1 majority of the public was told
to sit back because they don't understand the intricacies of systemic failures.

the small body of elites that Celente says does not exist....
Paulson, Bernanke, Kashkari.. and the network of corporate top 10% execs. in prominent power centers i.e. GoldmanSachs, JPMorgan, et-al
this cadre, carried out this coup that has essentially taken over the reins of govt.

the Classical Greeks tried pure democracy, it failed...
having computer voting won't make democracy work now either...
besides he's forgetting the 'rigged' electronic voting accusations flying all over the political landscape....

at best the messages put out are populist...at worst, he's a disguised shill for the pupet-masters
thumbs-down,

Celente is a trends forecaster.....he speaks well .........he is passionate .......and has good ideas

But i don't think he takes too much time trying to figure out if there is an elite trying to benefit from this or create a global gov't........

It is CLEAR as DAY to me that the "elite" planned the BOOM knowing that their would be a BUST......and they knew with the poltical weight they had (financial and gov't power mix in the revolving door) that they could use the confusion of the bust cominbed with their MSM machine to ENSURE that the "connected elite" who benefitted from the boom would be "bailed out" during the bust..........this is C L E A R. This is why they allowed the boom to go so FAR..... And SOME of those connected elite's will not let a "GOOD CRISIS go to WASTE"......because a good crisis can be used to further World Gov't agenda's......outlined partially in the Carroll Quigley book "tradgedy and hope" ..........i have no idea what individual players know concerning the likelihood that some information is surely compartmentalized (i.e some know they will benefit from the boom....some know they will benefit from the boom and the bust.....and some know they will benefit from the boom and the bust.....and that the longer term structure is consolidate power into a global structure and that booms and busts are important final steps in doing this......

so a bit of dead weight get's let go during the consolidation of power on the way down.........but even those usually have golden parachutes stashed away

believing this wasn't planned by anyone is comforting but IMO naive.....and i said before everyone does not have to be "in on it" ....let's not forget that alot of the heads of finance, military, media, gov't , and various other industry have a higher percentage of sociopaths among them....(they don't have your conscience) and others may just be duped (or rationalize) into thinking this (move to world "gov't) is what is necessary to restructure the world into a new sustainable socio-economic system and besides they have too much wealth and power to want to believe otherwise...

[edit on 9-5-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Global democreacy is the only true form of democracy that can possibly exist in light of the information\technology explosion that has happened in the last ten years.

The internet was designed to iniate an intellectual revolution and it is giving humanity a real REALITY CHECK.

Pre-internet we could hide our transgressions against humanity behind our ignorance of the global situation engineered by the media that "purposefully debunked the true proportion of suffering that HAPPENS IN REAL TIME",yes our government\media controllers allowed a few examples of proper humanitarian behavior to be broadcast to cover up the reality that they were holding back the true gravity of the situation millions of humans are forced to endure every day in order that they retain the capability to manipulate popular opinion amongst the voters.

What most people dont realise is that political parties tryto BREED APATHY AMONGST VOTERS ,SO THAT VOTER TURNOUT REMAINS LOW--NOT HIGH AS THEY CLAIM AND MOST PEOPLE BELIEVE.

The reason for this is simple,it allows them to manipulate the MAJORITY ,by weilding the votes of a possible minority WHO ARE PRESENT AND ACCOUNTED FOR,AS IF ALL VOTERS WERE PRESENT.

If you dont vote your vote becomes a "floater vote"or a vote that exists because you exist and still carries all of the weight and consideration it would had you actually marked the ballot yourself.And someone else will GAIN THE POWER OF YOUR VOTE IF YOU ABSTAIN PHYSICALL FROM VOTING,this is like electricity zapping around freely until some type of lightening rod attracts it and grounds it,this is what happens to the power of your vote it continues to exist unbeknownst to you until a political power grounds it and USES IT TO FURTHER THEIR AGENDA WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT.

We need a global forum on which every human on earth has an opportunity IN REAL TIME --my political weasel friends--THATS REAL TIME,to voice their true desires and have those desires remain"fully intact and clearly illiterated",and then have those desires acted upon without any bastardization for personal or other gains.It is the accuracy "lost in the translation"that has been used to manipulate humanity for centuries,ISNT THE INTERNET THE GREATEST GIFT MANKIND HAS EVER RECIEVED?

We need to first provide a venue or the ability for each human being on earth to be recognised PERSONALLY,to be physically seen by the world,to have their voice HEARD ,to have it heard in real time,we need to provide an avenue by which we can quantify the existance and the importance of every voice on earth.To many people,millions every year ,are killed and silenced and their global votes are stolen,and this affects all of humanity,so it must stop now.

Six billion laptops,IM BEING EXTREME HERE,distributed around the globe to ensure that we MISS NO ONE,and lets not even get into any crap debating logistacal challenges in view of the cost of the current war we are watching unfold.

Now that we know how ,WE NEED TO ASK OURSELVES WHY NOT?

Who or what?is fighting so hard to stop humanity worldwide from communicating and paticipating in one global democracy?

This is the answer we are all seeking.

WE ARE THE GUILTY PARTIES!!

We are allowing our governments,religons and global business entitys control our lives and humanities path,WITHOUT LISTENING TO WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT--COMPLETELY IGNORING WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT.

We GIVE OUR GLOBAL VOTE AWAY TO SMALL LITTLE MISERABLE GOVERNMENTS THAT ARE ONLY CONCERNED WITH AND DESIGNED TO FUNCTION AS SELF PROPOGATING ENTITIES OR MONSTERS.

We now know what is happening,so if we dont change immediatly after learning the truth then we immediatly become complicit to the crime ,we immediatly become part of the problem instead of part of the solution.

After reading this post you now know exactly what is happening ,so if you leave your keyboard today without recognising the potential for a new perspective,then you are choosing to ignore "real time"events and you are choosing to remain entangled in the communication\information quicksand that has CONTROLLED HUMANITY FOR CENTURIES.

Do you understand the concept of "real time" that the internet has enlightened mankind to?

We have always been controlled by powers that manipulate the little loop-hole known as "information lost in the translation".Hers the example that should change your life.

An action happens in Washington,USA,this action has an immediate and quantifiable impact on global conditions--heres the cool part,by the time the information about what has happened "in real time"is DISTRIBUTED OR RELEASED ACCORDING TO A MANPULATIVE MEDIA CONTROLLED AGENDA to the rest of the world,MANY INTERESTING MANIPULATIONS CAN OCCUR,simply by withholding the information from the global community for a specific time period ,WE CAN ALLOW OR PROVIDE A FERTILE ENVIRONMENT FOR ACTIONS WE WANT TO MANIPULATE INTO HAPPENING TO OCCUR DUE TO THE MISINFORMATION WE ARE ALLOWING TO HAPPEN BY NOT TELLING THE TRUTH IN "real time",we hide the truth in this little "time"loophole and then use it at a time of our choosing to gain maximum impact and maximum ability to manipulate future events.

But alas this manipulation of humanity is a thing of the past.If the general population only understood the PANIC RUNNING THROUGH GOVERNMENTS,RELIGONS AND BIG BUSINESS THEY WOULD SURELY HAVE A CHUCKLE.

You see the time is now and NOTHING CAN PREVENT A GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE FROM DEVELOPING.

So you see we have NO SUCH THING AS A TRUE DEMOCRACY EXISTING ON THE PLANET ,BECAUSE WE HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE OF ,ABILILITY TO IMPLEMENT change to,AND "REAL TIME"PROOF THAT THERE ARE BILLIONS OF VOICES NOT BEING HEARD AND THAT IT IS THROUGH THIS QUIETING OF THESE VOICES THAT WE ARE KNOWINGLY ALLOWING HUMANITY TO BE MANIPULATED INTO A FUTURE THAT IT IS NOT CHOOSING FOR ITSELF.

For all my american friends out there ,you need to recognise that if your influence extends beyond your physical borders,THEN WHEREVER THAT POWER EXTENDS TO EVERY PERSON WHO LIVES IN THAT GEOGRAPHICAL AREA MUST HAVE THE SAME ABILITY TO BE HEARD,AND TO HAVE A VOTE IN YOUR GOVERNMENT.

If you extend the power you must extend the global hand to allow every human that you affect the RIGHT TO VOTE IN AND PARTICIPATE IN YOUR GOVERNMENT EVEN IF THEY LIVE IN RUSSIA OR CHINA.

If you fail to do this you have failed to fulfill the obligations you are required to iniate in order to maintain a true democracy.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

I heard the audio only because I did some editorial work on it, not any special reason. See my post above for what work I did on it. I didn't even actually finish it, since I didn't splice in the intro and outro. All I worked on was the raw audio of the interview.

nenothtu out

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Sherrie you did a wonderful job and thanks to all the people that helped you with this.

For me it was his discussion of the dribble that is served up as news for the public. I often sit and shake my head at the nonsense that is put on the so called news programs...and what they barely mention.

I am in agreement that our economy is a house of cards that is being held up with old fashion flour and water paste, it is coming down. When people loose their security and they see there rights eroding at the same time, I do think that outrage will kick in. The thing is so many like myself are so jaded with this phony political system that voting out one bunch changes nothing.

So what are we to do? How do we really stand up?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

I'm not in favor of ANY sort of global government, much less a democracy. I can't, for the life of me, see the logic in allowing another culture the "right" to vote my culture out of existence. They ought, by rights, have to fight for that outcome.

Global government would be the most dangerous thing to EVER hit the earth. More dangerous than any government now in existence, more dangerous even than the asteroid that extincted the dinosaurs. A 'democracy' form would only exacerbate the problem, and hasten the end of mankind. That much power, centralized in ANYTHING, would doom us all.

You see, wherever there are people, there will be a class structure. It can't be avoided, short of making humans programmed automatons, and forcing everyone to be EXACTLY the same. Same height, weight, intelligence, aggression, hair color, ad infinitum. Name a human community that doesn't have classes of any sort, anywhere. Imagine that class structure, on a larger scale, and FOCUSED. Bad business, that. Wherever there are classes, there will be a struggle. Someone will INSIST on running the show, and someone will take exception to that. Thus the conflict starts. It's just an integral part of the human condition.

With that said, I'm WITH you on the need for the US to stay within it's own borders. We, by rights, ought to clean our own house, and let the rest of the world do as they will with theirs. Since that isn't going to happen, in the US or anywhere else, the next best thing is to let individual communities, or countries, control their own turf. No other population on the planet has, or ought to have, the 'right' to vote on how the US is run, anymore than we ought to vote on how they run their own countries. If the US, or any other country, detects a problem with the activities of others within their borders, their natural right to vote extends ONLY to voting the malignant influence out of their borders, not meddling in the politics of others. Where that influence goes beyond their borders, and what it does, is then none of their concern. They have their own house in order.

By the same token, none of my neighbors step into my house and start rearranging the furniture. It would be quite a dangerous thing to do so. Before anyone says "but nations are a whole different thing!" no, they're not. Miyamoto Musashi said "from one thing, know 10,000". In other words, a macrocosm is nothing more than a microcosm on a larger scale. It really IS that simple.

I can see it now. A delegation is sent to a 20 member tribe of Warani indians in the Brazilian rainforest with a message saying "3.2 billion people, out of a world population of 6 billion, says your part of the rainforest has got to go, because they want more teakwood furniture. So sorry about that, but the majority has spoken. We give you to the end of the week to be out of our rainforest. You were outvoted." Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

A 'pure' democracy always votes itself out of existence, by degrees. While Mr Celente said a lot I can agree with, the move toward a democracy wasn't one of them, unless it's tempered with something else, and not in it's 'pure' form. There is then NO protection for minorities, and by degrees every group will be the minority in it's own turn, until only one is left. Then the vote drops to the individual level, and POP! no more humans.

[edit on 2009/5/9 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I think it is funny, my words are being completely broken down to one or two words used.

As for my using the word "brilliant" - let me tell you................ I USE that Word Brilliant for ANY ONE - who is willing to STAND UP and have their VOICE HEARD - as they are going against the grain of others!

There are a few Brilliant people right now - who used to be on the network news more often than they are now - because they speak the [tb]truth!

People right now - I put in that catagory are very few - because they continuely try and get their voices HEARD

Gerald Celente is Brilliant

Peter Schiff is Brilliant

Ron Paul is Brilliant

Jim Rodgers is Brilliant

in other words ANYONE who is willing to put themselves out to the public by standing up for what is right for all people - they are BRILLIANT in my opinion!

I want to thank everyone who has commented in a positive way on this interview! I appreciate the positive comments more than you know!

Because of course now - due to being in the Press Corp - our real names will be used. So now I am not anonymous anymore and just a member's name to everyone without anyone knowing who I really am- I had to give that up, because of wanting to be in the Press Corp.

Believe it or not the desire to get some real truth out has stood taller and stronger than no one EVER knowing who I am.

I will not comment on the other idiotic posts made - regarding his network appearance to comment on "massages" - those remarks do not deserve any attention (so that is the only attention - it is getting from me).

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
That he has given us the truth of what goes on behind the Msm agenda with his discussion about how he is asked to 'tone' it down, make it pleasant for the morning listeners is outrageous! I have always suspected that this goes on, that he is cut off and has even had entire interviews cut out is a really frightening reality.

If you haven't seen it yet, you should watch the documentary Spin. It documents satellite footage of behind-the-scenes happenings in the MSM, during the 1992 election cycle. The whole thing is interesting, but the part that sticks out in my mind is when an expert is going to talk about the fact that inner-city communities resemble "third world countries" within the United States, and they tell him not to mention that during the television interview.

Great interview Sherrie! I hope that Mr. Celente would be willing to do another interview for ATS. I suspect that he enjoyed it; being able to talk about things that he isn't typically asked about.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by theWCH]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Great interview Sherri. You really covered the great questions in the time.

Regarding Mr Celeste's statement "Just say no". Id have to say its a fairly stupid response from him - however I realise he is going to be a target if he says "You need to be holding a gun when you say no."

As you yourself indicated Sherri - saying no is meaningless without some method to apply coercive pressure - government are ignoring the people with impunity, who is going to hold them to account and how will it be done?

In my view it must be done with force - there i no other avenue available to coerce them to do what is morally right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join