It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Sleep Paralysis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Not to offend, but judging by the frequency of the occurrence I simply attribute it to acute paranoia. Sleep paralysis is a common sign of serious medical attention. See a doctor my friend.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Wrong.

I have had at least 30+ SP episodes in the past year. I enjoy it now and use it to go OOBE. There is NOTHING *wrong* with you. That's a cultural lie.

Enjoy it. Turn it into an adventure. be open-minded, but skepticle.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tobiascore
Wrong.

I have had at least 30+ SP episodes in the past year. I enjoy it now and use it to go OOBE. There is NOTHING *wrong* with you. That's a cultural lie.

Enjoy it. Turn it into an adventure. be open-minded, but skepticle.

Your just not familiar with medical determinations. As I said there are SOME serious medical implications and these are determining factors OR in other words possible signs. I did not imply that there is something wrong with the experience or condition, certainly it can be a normal factor and non threatening experience to some. I simply stated that OP simply had A DREAM. thats all. To say otherwise is simply a cultural lie.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Okay. I mean, define normal? I really don't think there is such thing as normalcy, since western culture seems insane to me.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancermanxx
Not to offend, but judging by the frequency of the occurrence I simply attribute it to acute paranoia. Sleep paralysis is a common sign of serious medical attention. See a doctor my friend.

I did point out that any results of arranging furniture could be because psychological control has been granted to the person by their own actions.

However I don't believe a word of that.

I've only got one piece of objective evidence, in that a dog I found and brought into the house 2 weeks after one of these "events," went absolutely ape sh*t at the spot on the wall one of these things came through; actually exited through.

I'd never heard the phrase "sleep paralysis" at that time.

From a psychological perspective, I got fed up of getting my ass kicked and determined a "coping strategy" otherwise known as saving my own a$$.

I may get 'round to doing an experiment sometime to try and picture one of these things, but to be honest I'm too busy to worry about things that go bump in the night, especially with the furniture rearranged

If my "visitor" was a pretty brunette with a caring demeanour, I might feel totally different towards the situation, however, psycho see through balls are not what I need when I'm having a kip.

To anyone out there who is having a really good experience with these things; good on you. I've obviously got the pan dimensional nutter (and I don't mean my girfriend)

To the psychiatric profession and their "sleep paralysis," one word: denial.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I have had Sleep Paralysis once in my life it was a scary experience, especially in a pitch black room.

I have done some thinking on this matter for quiet some time, read some discussions on ATS about Oobe, vibrations, spirits and minor things relating to Sleep Paralysis and my theory is ( not sure if this has been posted before ) that Sleep Paray is nothing more than the body and souls failed attempt to go into a full state of OOBE, so your soul is stuck your awake but can't move for whatever reason.

It is like when you remove a video game from a running machine, before turning the game off, the Machine is still " awake" and the cd the "soul" has been removed, yet the removal was not complete or successful leaving the game in a paralized mode.

hope that example wasn't lame.

[edit on 023131p://31b5 by VampireZio]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I have been getting sleep paralysis for the majority of my life and it's hell and much like what the OP wrote. Fortunately, I have avoided it since I get sleep paralysis an average of once a month or the worst is 5x a single night.

I finally attributed it to the food that I eat before sleeping. I used to have heavy midnight snacks before hitting the sack but Cola seems to be the culprit as well as foods that are have butter on them.

However, there are folks who eat those kinds of foods before sleeping and they don't get sleep paralysis. I'm theorizing that it depends on the chemistry of the body much like how person A is allergic to cheese while person B isn't.

I've heard of some folks dying from sleep paralysis. What happens is their pancreas gets overworked and fail. So I guess my theory is somewhat correct. Fortunately, out of the hundreds of times I experienced it in my life, I have yet to fail to force myself to move but again they have varying degrees of difficulty.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Thanks for your post, it was a good read, ive had many similar experiences but I could never see the persons face. You can read my thread on 'srange dreams of being paralised'... there was one experience I didn't post though, I was tying so hard to fall asleep on the couch at my aunts house so I lay with my back to the room and face into the backrest. All of a sudden I was paralised but I could see everything happening behind me(in my head) from the bird moving in it's cage to the images on the tv behind me. Then I saw a blond girl sitting by the sliding door all curled up in a ball, she was wearing a mid length white dress and she seemed realy sad. When iI finaly 'woke up', I turned around and she was gone-but the sliding door was still open...It wasn't open when I first lay down.. one of the weirdest experiences ive ever had. And the door still being open reasured me that I wasnt dreaming!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
My first SP experience didn't involve a being but was the scariest. My seconds which did involve someone staring at me I wasn't scared at the time but curious, once I regained control I was a bit stressed.

But now I have been inducing SP purposely, it can be very fun and if at any stage I get stressed I can snap out of it and regain control.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It's all part of your imagination. I get it all the time.

Try moving your toes or neck, it always works for me to snap out of it.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
A good trick for breaking the paralysis is as follow's...

Wiggle the big toe on your right foot. For some reason this appendage will be unrestrained unlike the rest of your body.

Once you get a good wiggle going start reciting poetry and other mish mash versus.

For some reason this bombardment of mixed and matched word's along with the big toe movement causes your body to wake up.

Give it a try next time you find yourself Paralysed.

If you think there was something else too it for example a possible abduction attempt or a visitation from someone let me know and i can describe some thing's that might relate to your experience.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 28-6-2009 by h3akalee]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I get absolutely sick of peple telling me it's all in my mind or that it's a hallucination! Please forgive me for having a little rant, but to me this is very important.
Another thing i don't understand is why they call it sleep paralysis, when i know when i'm awake or not? One time i had only just got into bloody bed and was still in the fidgetty, fluffing up the pillow stage, when bosh! I had the feeling i was going to get a visit that night and i had left it as long as possible before retiring to bed. My boyfriend was out for the count and completely oblivious as to what was unfolding. Mate you just couldn't make it up! Aliens YES! They #ing operated on my teeth or jaw...i dunno, but they made me watch, because i was so adament i didn't want to open my eyes, i didn't. However i was pulled out of my physical body and had watched it all from the ceiling! They were doing something to the inside of my head aswell. Oh i could go on. Anyway after having all this for over 20 years, but that night was my first official oobe that i was aware of in every tiny detail!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
There was nothing there!

And there is nothing wrong with you!

But it can be terrifying I know!

Like someone else said try wiggling your toe to get out of it!

From sleep paralysis you can astral travel ie have an out of body experience!

I'm currently trying to get my lucid dreaming to a point where I dont have nightmares every night then I'm going to induce sleep paralysis to astral travel (or these days known as astral projection)

Sleep paralysis happens every night, it is a defense mechanism so that we dont wake during our sleep from moving our limbs in the dream state...sometimes and what is happening to you is your mind wakes up you are mind awake, body asleep instead of mind asleep body alseep, and it can be absolutely terrifying....try not to freak out try wriggling your toe and that will bring you back..

edit to add: sleep paraylsis happens most often when you sleep on your back...if you dont want it to happen try to sleep on your side.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by lifecitizen]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I would love to know how you know, for sure 100% that there was nothing there? I would tend to say that you are right, but how can you be sure?

There must be many, many things we don't understand about the life and universe we live in. Multiple Universes, the string theory, visible and invisible light frquencies, alternate dimensions, faster than light travel, life in our Solar System, Life in the Universe, Out of Body Experiences, Astral Projection, and son on.

There is no way, in my opinion, to know 100% for sure, that there was no one in the room. Space visitors, different dimensional beings, higher density beings? There is no way to know for sure. You could choose to believe that it is a chemical reaction in the brain, an organ which isn't even close to being fully understood, or you can study these experiences of individuals and try to discern what may be really happening.

It could go either way, but it is hard to tell someone that there is nothing going on when it is impossible, at this point, to know for sure 100%.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I can't be 100% sure Esteay, but what you described is classic sleep paraylsis

Different countries have their own interpretations of sleep paralysis and in times gone by people referred to it as the 'old hag' and the 'incubus'-

en.wikipedia.org...

dreamsnightmares.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have just posted the full story of the teeth chattering incident on another sp thread on here. I'm sorry i'm not convinced, i'm a grown woman and i know when i am asleep or not!
I keep thinking why me? I have tried the wiggling of fingers and toes. The last time anyone suggested that, i had an aliens finger sticking up out of the matress, wiggling under my nose. I remember thinking this thing is taking the piss out of me. That was last year, middle of june. Not long after that i went to the Doctors begging for help...i didn't get it! All i wanted was someone to talk to about it, some counselling, something like that. My GP was lovely though and said i could go and see him anytime. I was a bit too embarrassed though and i haven't been back.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by happinness

Hey!

I know exactly what you mean, Ive posted my worst experience on another thread. But what I can tell you is, You are paralised when you sleep, it happens so that you dont hurt yourself or others. The problem is, what you are experiencing is waking up a certain part of your brain so you lie there awake, paralised and seeing a whole bunch of weird #! Its just the opposite with people who sleepwalk, they don't wake up but somehow a certain part of their brain does, stopping the paralasis and therefore find themselves walking around doing crazy things.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Yeah me too I had ocassions of sleep paralysis. One thing I realized it happened when I had a state of leisure or excess stress during the day.

Another type of sleep incident is lucid dreams. Used to have this ocassionally also. It seems like you're in 90% control of your soul to float/fly and do whatever you want.

If you talk to religious people, they will say that lucid dreams involve your real soul. But according to scientist, it's just a game of the mind.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I have suffered from this since I was a child. During my late teen and early 20's it happened almost every night, to the point I went and got on sleeping pills for it. I no longer take them, but they helped. I have always been a lucid dreamer. Never had to practice or try it just came naturally to me. I can recall almost every dream I have ever had with perfect clarity. I remember dreams better than I do real memories. I also have allot of prophetic dreams.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join