It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amen! - Is this word a conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Amen is the best known word in the human language.

I have never really paid too much attention to the word - however, a chance remark made me think twice about it.

I have done some research and put an article together - linked below

LINK

Please let me know if you have any other points / research about this word

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Well, in the old tymes of Egypt it was the Sun-Worshippers versus the Amun priests. And so in the AM when the Sun rose, it was the Sun worshipers who woke up early and shuffled around in the dark to get ready for that, and when sunrise happened, it was RA returning from his underworld journey and this was the highlight of their day. ...oh well and noontime, but it was too hot to do much at noontime (though it was a key station for RA as he passed over head, daily.

...Fast forward 12 hours or so, and RA is on the other horizon, going down, setting again, into the underworld. This is when the other side of the coin, the Amun priests, would have their turn to get all excited, and it is they who had their ritual for the setting sun.

And yes, we end our prayer with "Amen" just as the day ended by chanting "Amun". ...Or it could just be a coincidence.

Anyway, your page is cool. Yes, there is meaning in the fact that when Akhenaten was erased from history, the Amun priests talked Tut into taking the name we know which includes the Amen portion. Even Akhenaten was originally named Amen-hotep IV, so one can see the power of the Amun priests of that time was acknowledged by Amenhotep III who really is the one that enabled and provided the soil for the Amarna events and the raising of the Aten. He himself said he was the gleaming sun disc, and so upon his death is when the Heliopolists made there move to destroy the idol worship of the Amun priests. Yes, part of it is the fire above and the fire below, and part of it is the worship of idols (Amunist) versus the rejection of idolatry (Atenist).

It is important to note that Amun was an insignificant deity until around 2000bc when Amenemhat promoted "The Hidden One". It was the 18th Dynasty that put Thebes firmly on the map and that means the minor god Amun and also Aten. The whole story comes together now in our day with the revelations of Yuya and Tut's tombs.

On the larger scale, one can see the priest versus King aspect all throughout history. We can also assume that there are two "firey" type obvious materials and these are 1: the Sun, and 2: Lava.

So imo, a lot of history is (secretly) about this competition between lava-worshipers (underground, secret, denial of the Sun's power) and Sun worshippers (haters of the underground cults).

So if one boils it down to "above ground hot stuff" versus "below ground hot stuff" then it becomes clear to see the pivot, which is "hot stuff".

As it is, most people believe Jesus wasn't interested in hot stuff. But one need only look to his saving of a sex worker to see that Jesus respected some kinds of hot stuff.
Amen to that!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Nice work there..
I just saw an Mason talk about the Ra and Mornigh star and such !!

I'll post the link if I find it..

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Amen brother (oops)......very interesting stuff.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Thanks a lot for the information -

I am reading a book at the moment re the electromagnetic ankh

I am still researching this but the book claims that African Black skin contains melanin - which is a superconductor - even after death, the skin can essentially be used as a conductor - which may be one reason for mummification - preservation of the skin

But - the electromagnetism drawn from the atmosphere was thought to be the spark of God - the breath of God

Discovery and use of electricity by the Egyptians has always been a contentious issue - however - if Amen was "The Breath of God" and this co-incided with the application of electricity, this could also have led to an increase in his popularity - extensive worship

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Good post and research! I'm a little surprised you didnt mention the law of one. Also just to add, there has been a study about Akenhaten. Some scientists examined his children(the fetuses of his children I should say) and studied the way his statues portrayed him. Apparently they came to the conclusion that he was suffering from a physiological disorder called keretaconis which would make it hard for him to see at night but able to see in sun light, thus explaining why he worshiped the sun.I will try to find some links for you to see about that. Anyhow, I really like your post and am excited to see where it goes. Good job my friend

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Amen means "so be it".

I read the link and it talks about how can Jesus be the Great Amen? This is my understanding. I do mention the word Jesus so PLEASE do not flame me. When Jesus says He is the Great Amen , it means he is the the Great One who always was in being with the Almighty God's approval. God has chosen Jesus to be the Great terrestrial version of his love...so be it...so be Gods Love and Mercy, may it manifest and endure.

In the christian understanding of Amen,( which is my paradigm) to understand that one must be clear on the meaning of the verb 'to be'. To be means in a state of being. In the Gospel according to St. Luke it says in the beginning was the Word and the Word was made Flesh. That is Jesus, he always was even before being conceived on this earth, He was in the beginning, is now and ever shall -so be it...the state of being----he is in the the state of being, the great Amen. He is among us with because of the will of the Father.

The only conspiracy is that I do not think the church has revealed everthing it knows about who Jesus is. I think this relates to astromony, and 2012.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Umm, no. Amun, Ra, Amun RE were not a sun god or sun gods. The egyptian sun god was Horus, right? The modern word amen comes from a few old semitic languages and is based of the word, emuna, or amin, which mean I beleive.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If there are any Masons on here - who know why the organisation boycotts the word Amen - could you let me know - if that is secret info, could you at least give us a hint ?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

There was no singular Egyptian religion. What we get from "Egyptologists" is actually a mish-mash of many regional cults. Attempts to create such a singular system is mainly work of the Greek secret societies, and ultimately the Freemasons to justify their own beliefs.

Amon/Amun/Amen was the male half of the "Supreme Being." He was depicted as a ram without a uraeus.

Ra/Re was the male half of the "Great Spirit." He was depicted as the ram with a uraeus, falcon or hawk, eagle or the Banu (phoenix).

Horus was the god of the fiery center of the Sun, as well as the fiery center of the Earth. He was the right eye of Ra. Isis was the Moon goddess, and the left eye of Ra.

However, none of these was the creator, who was Atem/Atum/Atom. He was depicted as a pharaoh with a uraeus, a scarab or a snake. In later systems, he was not a creator but merely the sunrise (Nun spitting out Ra).

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Umm, no. Amun, Ra, Amun RE were not a sun god or sun gods. The egyptian sun god was Horus, right?

Umm, no.

wiki/Ennead

The "Great Ennead"

The most important of the Egyptian pesedjets, the so-called Great Ennead (also called the Heliopolis Ennead), consisted of Ra, his children Shu and Tefnut, and their descendants Geb, Isis, Nephthys, Nut, Osiris, and Set. It was defined in the Egyptian city of Annu (place of pillars), the Egyptian name for what the Greeks called Heliopolis (sun city), in the last dynasty of the Old Kingdom and other deities who had existed for a thousand years were ignored in order to stress the importance of this local sun deity. The location of the ancient city was five miles east of the Nile River, north of the Delta. The city was later called in Arabic ˁAyn Šams (the eye of the sun). Late in the Ptolemy Dynasty, the Greek rulers failed to favor this local sun deity and their center of learning shifted to the newly-built city of Alexandria, by the first century BC, Strabo found the once great centers at Annu deserted, and the town itself almost uninhabited, although priests remained.

The origins of this grouping now remain uncertain. In some versions Ra mated with Iusaaset, the great one who comes forth, and their children were Shu and Tefnut. Consequently, Iusaaset was seen as the mother and grandmother of the deities. Sometimes she is described as a "shadow" in this pesedjet.

Up until the mid-twentieth century theories of Egyptologists postulated that the Heliopolis priesthood established this pesedjet in order to place their local sun-god, Ra, above all other deities such as Osiris, however, many later Egyptologists now question this. It appears almost certain, however, that the Great Ennead first appeared during the decline of Ra's cult in the sixth dynasty and, that after introduction of the new pesedjet, the cult of Ra soon saw a great resurgence until the worship of Horus gained prominence. Afterward worship focused on the syncretistic solar deity Ra-harakhty (Ra, who is Horus of the Two Horizons). During the Amarna Period, Akhenaten introduced worship of aother solar deity, Aten, the deified solar disc. He built a temple in Annu, named Wetjes Aten (wṯs ỉtn, Elevating the Sun-disc). Blocks from this temple later were used to build walls to the medieval city of Cairo and are included in some of the city gates. The cult of the Mnevis bull, an embodiment of Ra, had its centre here and established a formal burial ground for the sacrificed bulls north of the city.

wiki/Egyptian_pantheon

First mentions of Isis date back to the fifth dynasty which is when the first literary inscriptions are found, but her cult became prominent late in Egyptian history, when it began to absorb the cults of many other goddesses. It eventually spread outside Egypt. She absorbs many aspects of earlier goddesses, becoming identified as the mother of Horus, who represented and protected the pharaohs.

After Horus, Amun was a regional solar deity whose importance increased greatly when the pharaohs of Thebes regained control of the country from invaders and began the eighteenth dynasty. Ra became the next son of the solar deity and his cult rose to later dominance, eclipsing the earlier deities.

Let's concentrate on the fact that Amun means "The hidden one". I think that's key.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Good topic! I think Amen is somehow connected to Amun. I was watching something one day, can't remember exactly what it was but it broke down other things which seem to have a play on Amun, like King Solomon with it pronounced Sol-a-mun and him being the wisest man.. Something like that, anyway good thread!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This was discussed a few months ago, and there were some excellent posts in this thread (CaptainInvisible in particular): www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boogley
Good topic! I think Amen is somehow connected to Amun. I was watching something one day, can't remember exactly what it was but it broke down other things which seem to have a play on Amun, like King Solomon with it pronounced Sol-a-mun and him being the wisest man.. Something like that, anyway good thread!

Sol-amun huh? But no, his name in hebrew, his own spoken language was Shelomo, or Shlomo. Ah facts suck, I know.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't think Amen is a word of "conspiracy". This reminds me of Dan Brown's word play for Holy Grail's literal meaning from "French": "Sangraal(DVC 162, 250), which has no base in truth.

For example, in Spanish the phrase "a bordo" means "on board", while "aborto" means "abortion". Both words look alike and have a only one word that makes them different gramatically. Their pronunciation is strikingly similar, but both have very different meanings and no relation at all.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I keep finding the parallels with modern religion and ancient Egypt too coincidental

Stories of Horus mimic those of Jesus

Horus was baptiised with water by Anup
Born on Dec 25th of a virgin
He was the good shepherd
The son of God - performer of miracles
He had 12 followers - was killed & resurrected

dejavu? - history repeating itself? or all are the new religions just a pretence based upon the ancient original??

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by suziwong

Jesus was not born on December 25th. There would be no possible way, they would not have made it there... try September.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

I am fully aware of the inconsistancy - but I am making a parallel with a religion which celebrates his birthday on that date

Another point

The New & Old Test-AMEN-t
A modern test to retain a world worshipping the ONE God - bringing order from chaos - a new world order for the masses

Is-Ra-El

The Gods ISIS, AMEN RA - EL

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by suziwong

The New & Old Test-AMEN-t
A modern test to retain a world worshipping the ONE God - bringing order from chaos - a new world order for the masses

The names "Old Testament" and "New Testament" are rather arbitrary. I could just as easily make a Bible and call the two sections "Part 1" and "Part 2". The meaning of testament has changed through the ages too. The original meaning used to be "covenant". So, when people chose to name the two parts of the Bible what they did, they chose a word to describe really quickly what the two sections were about. If we were to change the word testament to a more appropriate modern equivalent, the Bible would contain the "Old Covenant" and the "New Covenant"--which just so happens to be what each contain.

Is-Ra-El

The Gods ISIS, AMEN RA - EL

"Isra" comes from the Hebrew word meaning struggle. "El" is short for Elohim. So, the name Israel means, "he who struggles with God". There's nothing to do with the Egyptian Gods. Other Hebrew derived names have "el" on the end and also have no connection to Egypt. One example is Michael--"who is like God?"

If you really wanted to make a comparison between Judeo-Christian names and such with ancient Egyptian, it's probably the best to go to the original language--not the rough transliterations.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is a core question - because when this is added to the trillions exponentially of times Amen at the end of prayers has been used and mostly with fervor, the 'energy' this emits for those who like to suck it up is in itself very serving for the gods... who I think are the likes of Ra et al being aliens with advanced attributes and technology. When explorers first reached secluded tribes, they could easily be perceived as 'gods' because they had cameras - and guns - and medicine.

At the end of the OP article, it says:

Quote:
Conclusion

The Egyptian connection could be a pure co-incidence, however much research has been carried out which suggests that many modern religions or belief systems have their roots in ancient sun worship.....could this one word be the connection between modern and ancient spirituality? If so.... is the linguistic connection accidental, or by design? If by design, why, for what purpose? And more interestingly, does it perpetuate a spiritual truth or a monumental deception?
Words can be powerful, resonant, I for one am not comfortable uttering words that I do not fully understand, particularly when there is any hint of deception.
End Quote:

Ditto. Its a monumental deception that few over the centuries has questioned. I believe when Amen is said at the end of every prayers, it goes right back to the beginning of the Egyptian culture which has been noted "never had a time when they weren't an advanced civilization". Why? Because they "came" from somewhere with a predetermined plan and here we are today living it with the NWO and depopulation on their agenda.

Amen Ra - Our language has remnants of the Egyptian if one but looks. That we've been lied to and deceived is a gross understatement. I think it even goes beyond to having created us to be their fodder, whatever that be at the moment, at the very least slaves to a tax ridden society when the concept of commerce is absurd in the first place and created for this very purpose. We continually "buy" into the lie without questioning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join