It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile data found on hard drives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Missile data found on hard drives

news.bbc.co.uk

Sensitive information for shooting down intercontinental missiles as well as bank details and NHS records was found on old computers, researchers say.

In addition to finding bank account details and medical records, the work unearthed job descriptions and personal identity numbers as well as data about a proposed $50bn currency exchange through Spain.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This is very interesting !! our Government is always losing things (UK) but to find info on the USA missile system is a bit worrying to say the least.. I mean someone could have hooked that baby up and pushed the button!! "ok maybe not" but it would have gave someone a lot of info about how it works ...

just look at some of the stuff on this ! i wonder were on earth this Hard drive was? or who had it?

read the full article its VERY VERY interesting!! sounds like someone from MI5 or some kinda spook agency lobbed out a computer they was never meant to lob out lol

comments?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Ever heard the old saying "one man's junk is another man's treasure". LOL

Gee and I thought I have found interesting things at garage sales.

Talk about incompetence, these are people without the common sense of a single celled organism. How in the world could this information be left on a hard drive???

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Go to any government auction and see what they sell. We had a guy here in the US that actually bought the auto signing machine for signing multiple documents without giving the President writers cramp. He bought it for like 50 bucks. He could have created many documents and signed them and they could have been sold as actual personal documents from that president. Another guy bought two prototypes of a Navy missile and when he got them home he found that the solid propellant was still in them. He could have blown up the entire city block if they had been hit with an electrical charge or fire.
Zindo

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

lol its scary!!! i mean cmon tech stuff this is crazy!! look at all the data!! and places.. this was a goverment HD and it was put in the trash can and this lot are ment to be elites?

Oh boy now i am scared #less LOL!!!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Next news story on this topic will read "man finds US micro nuke in Walmart lost and found, or Cruise missle mistakenly sold as amusement park ride". Remember, most government employees are mildly retarded. If they were not then they would not be able to take orders from their equally incompetent bosses.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by dashen]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I've gone to a few government auctions (in the US), all the computers had been stripped of their hard drives. Printers had no memory chips in them. They dont erase the drives or RAM memory, they remove it. Guess that's the only way to be 100% no state secrets leak out.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

lol well said

i mean its silly really we get told all kinds of BS and then they put a HD in the bin that has god knows what on it??

humans... wow .. wow wow wow !!

i just find it funny they even show us how crappy they are at being "elite" !!

or was it meant to be leaked???

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Just saw it and was going to do a thread, good find, very worrying.

Not only missile data, but bank details and medical records, and financial info on a $50 Bn transfer!

Terrorists!

Peadophiles!

and embassy information....

The launch procedures for a US military missile air defence system were found on a second-hand hard drive bought on eBay, researchers have revealed.

The Press Association

&

The missile system was designed and built by US defence group Lockheed Martin. The same computer hard disk also revealed security policies and blueprints of facilities at the group, as well as personal information on employees.

Secure computing

&

Among the 1,000 drives obtained from eBay and other online auction sites, car boot fairs and discarded machines, were drives containing recent information from Ford Motor Company, the clothes firm Laura Ashley, the German Embassy in Paris, Nokia, the Edinburgh lawyers Henderson Boyd Jackson (HBJ), Swindon Council, Lanarkshire NHS Trust and a number of schools and drives from individuals.

The Guardian

From the same source....

Also on the drive was information marked "confidential – Ford Motor Company – this is unpublished work which is a trade secret … FMC own all rights to this work to preserve its trade secret status."

Trade secrets....

And maybe your personal health secrets!

They revealed yesterday that more than 300 hard drives were studied, two of which uncovered images of X-rays, medical staff shifts and confidential letters from the Monklands and Hairmyres hospitals in Lanarkshire

The scotsman

I cant believe huge organisations like Ford, the NHS and the US Military allow any hard drives to leave there stock without being wiped first, you can do it with a freeware program, that will overwrite the entire disk as many times as you want with random 0's and 1's... I always do that to my hard drives if they get too old, or beat them very violently with a Hammer and large magnet!

Soo simple but soo scarey this has been found.

However publising it will probably lead to organised crimnal gangs now trying to find such data, and so if you see a lot more bidders on ebay for 2nd hand hard drives, esp from Russia or such like its obvious why they would pay the postage!

Elf.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
I cant believe huge organisations like Ford, the NHS and the US Military allow any hard drives to leave there stock without being wiped first, you can do it with a freeware program, that will overwrite the entire disk as many times as you want with random 0's and 1's... I always do that to my hard drives if they get too old, or beat them very violently with a Hammer and large magnet!
[edit on 7-5-2009 by MischeviousElf]

Err. A couple of things I thought I'd point out.

1. This isn't attack on your post, personally, but the general misunderstanding I see in this thread already. The US Military/Government was not involved in this at all. It was a drive from Lockheed-Martin, a government contractor, but not an actual entity of either our gubment or military. I imagine heads will roll at the company, however.

2. Your "magnet to the hard drive" thing doesn't work. Hard drives actually contain magnets inside their housing, so it's kind of silly to think taking a magnet to the drive will affect it. The hammer method will work, though, and I'd probably just zero out the drive, as you mentioned, then beat it to a pulp with a hammer. The magnet part is just a time-waster (unless your magnet is the size of an MRI magnet, that is).

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
We are a security hazard to them , they'll be better off moving their bases off UK soil .. never know when some numpty UK politician or department will let loose some super sensitive data that is vital to US security into the realms of the cyber terrorists and those that hate our freedoms . Yes , best to go now , don't let the door do what doors do to ones posterior on the way out .

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Drexl]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highground
The hammer method will work, though, and I'd probably just zero out the drive, as you mentioned, then beat it to a pulp with a hammer.

Agreed ...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Highground

lol hammer and large magent!!! haha classic
)

but look at the data on this .. i mean if it was from LHM wtf are they doing with medical record and bank transfaris for 50b?

this is insantiy !!!!

we think people have a clue what is going on "or dont" this makes me think the "elite" aint as elite as we belive..

maybe coz they are just human like the rest of us??? /me wants to laugh hard

infact i am LOL!!

yes i know sorry for grammer and spelling blame god i do ..

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

lol elf i loved ur post!!

sorry mods but i had to just laugh and give a star to elf and reply

thanks for more info aswell "kinda scary if you ask me"

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by Highground

but look at the data on this .. i mean if it was from LHM wtf are they doing with medical record and bank transfaris for 50b?

Because they were hdds from various sources. One was from LHM, one was from a bank, one a hospital, and various other places. This is the article I originally got the story from:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

top topics

join