It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Came Back From the Clinic

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Nimrod...I'm also in Canada and couldn't agree more. It makes me so angry that they appear to not be giving us full disclosure here, and were still saying no one had been hospitalized with the virus here, when we know that even here in Vancouver, one of the first 2 diagnosed was hospitalized. And they kept the young child in hospital in Alberta quiet for 4 days, telling us no one was hospitalized.

I wish they'd be more honest about it, as the attitude here is only causing people to become complacent and allowing it to spread. I think Canada has done a lousy job containing this virus.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by metro

I'm not Sonjah, but speaking for myself, I would not get in a taxi and put the taxi drivers health at risk until I knew I was past the contagious period.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by metro

Well, that's the point, I was so freakin delirious from that hideous bug, there was no logic. Coulda called a neighbor, friend, or cab but I definitely wasn't speaking coherently at the time...didn't want to make any calls based on the hellish state I was in

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenixs1

This sounds horrible. Take care; rest, rest, rest, and although I'm no MD make sure you try to stay hydrated, and if you don't improve after the 7 days pass hope you seek medical attention

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Most places here in TX are not testing for this either. It is not being taken seriously at all. And theres more than one strain, h3n2 was confirmed here recently too.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Why do people run to the doctor for every little sniffle?
You only crud up the system for people who are really sick.

People who are really sick shouldn't be going to doctor's offices and giving it to people who don't have it.
If you are really so sick, go the the hospital.

20 years ago my whole family was sick -- no one went to the doctor or even call him.

We all survived!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The over prescribing of antibiotics is what is causing viruses and bacteria to become antibiotic resistant and mutate faster than ever. Many physicians would criticize that.

Otherwise, why would they ask for your income, age, etc? Simple, statistics. That's what epidemiologists study, they learn about how certain conditions affect people in all styles of life and pinpoint the ones that are most at risk, so that they can prepare and help that group the most.

That's pretty typical in any outbreak.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Sonjah-

We had a circulating flu here as early as Feb. Nearly everyone I know- including myself- was sick for at least two weeks- some of us up to 4-6 weeks. I told my husband I had never had a flu like it (I get sick rarely- the odd cold, allergies in the spring, etc.) and I was DOWN for 4 weeks. Fever, chills, vomiting, the whole deal. There were at least 3 times I nearly went to hospital. I think either H1N1 or H2N3 or another strain was circulating in the States all late winter/early spring. I don't know what this means in the big picture, only supporting your remarks.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Thank you for that. Glad you recovered...I also wouldn't be surprised if it was swine flu you had. In Canada we know there was a case here as early as April 12th (the fellow who got the pigs sick).

My stomach is by far the worst today, as are my legs. I'm probably more worried that it's not the flu (and that something more serious is causing it all), than I am if it is (in which case I'd feel fairly confident it would run it's course and I'd get better).

I've been resting a lot the last 2 days...napped the days before that, but was still doing too much. My temperature has improved with the rest, but the stomach pains are far worse, I can barely even walk around the house it hurts so bad and food is out of the question (not to mention I've run out of suitable groceries and don't really want to go out to get them).

If I'm any worse tomorrow, I'll probably see if I can get into a doc and try to convince them to run a test. Tomorrow will be day 7 for me.

They told me on the health line today that some of the flus going around can last a long time....but usually within a week I'm feeling better, if not completely well. I so hope I wake up feeling like I'm getting over it tomorrow!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CultureD

I got that one! Lasted 3 weeks for me. There were lots of people here in Vancouver with that one. For me, that was nasty in the duration and the ongoing cough, but otherwise not too severe. This one feels a million times worse.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
about 1 week before the Swine flu became news on tv & ats I was having similar symtoms. For about 3-4days I was very Nauseus, tired, exhausted, had diaharra, severe headache posteriorly and my throat become hoarse where I couldnt speak. I thought at the time that was Very ODD. Also, It was different from any other colds or flu symptoms ive had in the past uusually with flu your out sleeping throughout the day. However, throughout the day I would sleep for 2-3hrs long, then wake up energized, but then within an hour I would get really weak & tired. So I would go back to sleep for another 2-3hrs & then wake up somewhat energized....but again within an hour or 2 would feel like collapsing & go back to sleep. This happened for about-4days....and went to the doctor for it but it wasnt in the news until about 4days later. He said I probably had what my son & husband had the week prior which is what my sons pediatrian said was a Stomach virus going around.
The only reason I thought it wasnt Swine virus is that I didnt have a Fever.....but then I remember someone elses post on here saying there Temp went Down.
My husband who took my temp at the time when I was sick said my Temperature LOWERED??

So,...maybe this "Swine" virus EFFECTS people in different ways depending on their Immunities. For example, about 2 yrs ago me & my 2 small kids had the FLU vaccinations (which I Wish I never got)....because the next winter we ALL got Strept throat & other symptoms (08') Except my husband who never got vaccinated.

What if this virus is being Downplayed my the doctors because there isnt enough tests, beds, room, ventilaters, and doctors to check out everyone. Im sure theyre being told my higher up folks not to alert anyone unless there clearly dieing. But thats not good enough for me....its like they want us to get sick in the Dark where no one knows because there not diagnosing the people who do have symptoms. Another example is the issue of closing the Mexico borders when they had the chance. We all know they clearly know more than what theyre stating....which means they knew about this "Virus" way before it became serious where people in mexico where dropping dead.
WHY? Maybe because they want us to become Infected....but for some reason the people in the US immunities are fighting back. Whether this was expected by the higher ups or not.....it has to be just a taste of what there willing to PUT OUT.

So far from what Ive been reading on this thread the people who had NEVER been sick in the past have become really effected by this "Swine" virus......So maybe its better to become exposed before the Next hit of viruses come along......

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I hope the only reason the doc didn't test you for swine flu is because the symptoms didn't appear severe enough, or that there was no reason to believe it was anything other than a normal sort of flu....

I just got sick with something the last couple days here. My sister came from Nova Scotia where some of the first Canadian swine flu cases were. My boyfriends parents just got back from Mexico about a week ago. My mom's friend's son is one of the cases in Ontario - he got it from going to BC on a work-related trip, he thinks....
So there we have 3 potential ways that I've been exposed now. Great lol....

I've been sleeping for 3 days, have all the symptoms other than I never took a thermometer to figure out what my fever was at.
It's just like a normal flu right now, only my throat is unusually painful and the head congestion is unlike anything I've ever experienced. It's actually dehydrating me. I went through 2 double size rolls of toilet paper blowing my nose within the last 24 hours and that's despite me putting it off because I was too tired and achey to move, ignoring it when I can because my nose is about to fall off from the chafing. I can't hear properly out of either ear from the pressure. It'll feel clear for a moment after blowing my nose and then suddenly just fill up and start um...spilling out..I have to be prepared haha...sorry that's gross.

Oh, also, woke up and felt like I hadn't been breathing, and like I couldn't breath. I don't have any congestion in my lungs or throat though, just my head, so I thought that was odd. I ended up nearly panicking because it was such a struggle to get feeling like my breaths were getting me any oxygen, so that didn't help...odd. It wasn't like my chest was tight or anything either. But after a half hour I seemed to have worked it out and got things going again lol

Feeling better for the moment, enough to sit around awake in bed with my laptop, and be drowsy from cold meds at best.....
Loaded myself up with cayenne and vitamins and teas and whatnot.
I don't want to go in and be tested. My cousin got sick and said they wouldn't even let her into the emerge ward to start with. So probably no point in drawing attention to my self, seeing as I work FOR the services running that hospital....and have no shifts for a few weeks coming up. And won't get the flu shot. Oh my. Rebel. They don't much appreciate that...as if it would stop the swine flu.

Anyway, if it isn't swine flu (i'm guessing this is pretty rare by comparison anyhow), there is definitely other stuff going around....
Take care of yourself!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Virus and Bacteria are two completely different things, as well as Fungi, 3 complete and separate Pathogens lumped into one by the mainstream media and Doctors.

Antibiotics only work on 12 different "Bacteria", Antibiotics don't even begin to cover "VIRUS or FUNGI". Silver kills Hundreds of different types of Bacteria and quite a few Virus. Dig deeper folks, you are being robbed of vital knowledge that we should all have.

Virus and Bacteria are easily killed by "Colloidal Silver", Homeland Security uses it and Airplanes have Silver impregnated Air Filters

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
hey there, 'just came back from the clinic'

the staff did you a bug favor by not administering a flu shot...
did you know that the 1976 SIV, swine flu outbreak had more people
die from the immunization than the randomly caught Flu itself...

myself...being a good citizen (albiet a naive citizen) went to the local
flu shot clinic that President Ford urged us all to go to....
got my gov't paid shot, and 2 hours later i had 104 temperature, delirium, etc...
i was reacting to the EGG cultured immunization, the staff never warned
the populace of allergic reaction if one is allergic to whole eggs.

trouble is --- I nor anyone else can sue the government for gross neglience in regards to the '76 swine flu fiascos.

the only innoculations i've voluntarily taken since that episode is 2 teatnus shots and a pneumonia shot from the VA clinic...
i'd rather be sick 3-5 days with a flu than risk any other bureaucratic ineptitude...

thanks,

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well you should come here to my neck of the woods because that is the first thing you get when going to the doctor here.

My daughter was in the emergency two day ago with a "bad cold" could not breath, my husband took her because she was running fever (no so high), while there she saw plenty of different levels of sickness (my husband didn't stay long with her to see for himself)
she saw people crying, throwing up on the floor and the likes under a seasonal flu, she was diagnose with upper respiratory infection (sinusitis) given the 5 pack antibiotics and today she feels better

Well so far 7 cases of swine flu in my state and about over a two hundred been tested, no school closing and doctors are telling that the strain is mild so far.

But this in my neck of the woods GA.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by marg6043]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Elepheagle

My self and my two sons are battling the flu. My symptoms are mild but one of my sons has had a rough time. As of this morning we are all three feeling better.

I have never had the flu and only one of my children has ever had it and that was a result of a flu shot he had to have before leaving for South Africa.

The clinics here are not alarmed at the possibility of our part in a pandemic.

IMO this swine flu is nothing but fear mongering to sell dusty piles of Tamiflu and later another vaccine. I always follow the money. A little interest piece about Gilead, Rumsfelds interest.....money.cnn.com...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenixs1

Lord- Glad you're better- I'm sorry to hear others have been ill, and wish all the best of health!.
I was interested in the post earlier about a LOWER body temp with the infection, than an elevated one. I, too, had a lower temp- around 95.5 for the duration of my bug- and that has never happened to me before- with a viral or bacterial infection. Yet, I had all of the symptoms- GI, respiratory, horrible body aches, chills, sweats, the lot. Has anyone else had a bug with a low temp? I think that's something important to look out for- esecially as airports and ERs are scanning for fevers- we might be missing thousands- millions- of people who are infected unknowingly.
I look forward to hearing replies- and again- wish you all healthy.
By the way- Tamiflu is made from anise- you can buy star anise in bulk at health food stores, Whole Foods, etc., in bulk (and cheaply). Steep it into tea. If the strains aren't resistant yet, it might help. Be careful of dosage and look up how much to take- but worth a try. As I posted earlier, as well- slippery elm kills influenza. I take it everyday.

Take care, everyone.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CultureD

I've never had my body temp drop like that before either, and it lasted forabout 6 days. I wish we were getting more info about what others have gone through with it...it would not only help with early detection, but also help people going through it by telling them what to expect, what to watch out for, who is at greatest risk of complications etc. I've yet to find anywhere but here where people are sharing their personal experiences with this.

I'm still not 100% (day 9)...I think I still have an infected throat and ear (they seem to have gotten worse again today compared to yesterday), more wheezy today (wondering if maybe due to hayfever), and it feels like someone has whacked my head all over with a plank (I think the swollen glands are making me feel bruised). My neck is very sore, and my upper back area too.

My legs are like jello. Even though I now have a lot more energy than I had a couple of days ago, when I even walk for just like 5 minutes, my legs feel like Jello, as though I've just finished a long marathon....I've never had a flu do that to me before....it's like it's eaten at my muscles. And my tummy is a bit grumbly again today....but my temperature is back to normal, which I'm very happy about, my tummy is much better, and the pains in my legs (which were the worst I've ever had) have pretty much stopped and been replaced with jello legs. I've never had an infected ear before, and haven't had an infected throat with the flu since I was a kid.

I hate that they are calling this a "mild" illness, and believe that they are trying to downplay it so as not to cause people to panic. I'm sure lots of people are only experiencing mild symptoms, which is great, but I do think others are going to have a very hard time with it. And I was very saddened today to hear that it has killed another young person.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I want to edit my prior post, but not sure how to do so- just wanted to add I misspoke previously- my temp was 97.5- not 95.5- lower than healthy, but not hypothermic. My apologies for the mis-type. Nevertheless, it was low enough to confound me and my docs, and to make me feel incredibly ill.

Please take care, P, and we will keep in touch on the new thread about our collective health.

Be well, all-

Peace

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Only one way to properly diagnose if you have swine flu:
Rent-A-Pig

Sleep with it.
Check on pig's health the next day.

As for the poster that couldn't breathe even though he only had his nose clogged up:
If you tend to sniff it up a lot (or even if you don't) after a while it can get so bad that it kinda leaks into your throat and sticks around there, it basically moves the snot to your throat, then blocks it there as well. Feels like crap and it sucks, but drinking some water and forcefully coughing managed to clear it up for me xd.

As for people that say they had symptoms: I once had a regular flu that gave me both undercooled temperatures & overheated temperatures that could've gotten me killed (42* Celsius & 28* celsius). That was years before the swine flu broke out. I also had to vomit and felt like crap. The undercooling actually got caused because I took a hot-coldrex (which is supposed to relieve flu symptoms xd)

I think the hype is really influencing the way some people think about their illness. We had a 3-year old dutch girl that had the swine flu here, and she turned out to be fine in the end. (Though young people + ''severe disease'', i'd expect them to turn out really bad)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join