It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing My Faith

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

look THE OP is no different from me.. hes asking a question and he demands or wants proof..

what he wants is to know if the "alien" or "whatever" is true but i am saying do not demand the proof when in fact YOU are the proof.. its not a conspiracy to understand there is more to life than aliens! and god! because both are lies..

lies that another man has spoon fed you ... you see if you take the essence of your self and look at it close you will understand that life IS real not a some box in your head that no one can listen or hear? ok? that little voice in your head is your ego!

now pay attention !

You got angry at me .. you did not understand what i was saying so please do not get angry or "sarcastic" again im just point out whyyyyyy the OP should have faith in himself!

Not aliens Not god.. HIMSELF

simple yes?

the question he wants to ask.. he knows already the answer .. for he is the one asking IT

get it?
hehe

i love you too

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by skept!cal

Like many others, I see where you are coming from. I was a firm believer when I started reading about the UFO phenomena. I got a book by Philip Klass and started to become a skeptic. I was soon a total debunker, and thought the whole UFO stuff was nonsense. I stopped reading about UFOs for a long time, until I re-read Richard Belzer's book on the subjects of JFK and UFOs. It was done with humor, but I started to ask some questions about the phenomena.

I also decided to use my life experiences when looking at cases to see what I could find out about them. I also would read between the lines and use the smallest details to see if it was a good encounter or someone trying to yank the chain.

Many of the older cases have some very compelling evidence to them. A fresh look at them could reinvigorate your interest in the subject.

Still, it does not help to have all these fruitier than a nutcake types out in full force. Everything is believed without any fact checking of the source or evidence to back up the claims. If one asks a tough question, they are a disinformation agent or a total debunker. It can be quite disheartening because the subject is a very important one to investigate.

Stay away from National Enquirer type writers, and stick with the more respected ones. I have Major Donald Keyhoe's book about UFOs on order. He is one of the first Air Force officers to treat the subject seriously.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
i am sorry to hear you say that...
if you have been an avid reader of this site, i'm sure you couldnt have noticed that some videos show solidly that there are alien objects in our skies.... some, filmed form earth's surface, some from orbit, show without doubt that there is an alien civilization interacting with our plant directly ( being in orbit or flying within the atmosphere ).
sure, there's a lot of garbage, and some leave you with strong doubt... but some, along with testimonies from extremely credible witnesses, should convince you...

Maybe you are mistaking the lack of Official/governament disclosure with the lack of proof... of corse, CNN didnt film the inside of an alien craft... but if you look carefully, you'll notice that official media talks about ufos frequently ( news papers, cnn/fox/sky/bbc/russian state tv ....)
The governament of the US hasen't done it.... But the french have released files that show that a relevant persentage of episodes are not explainable , on a huge statistical population ; the govermanent of the UK did something similar, on a perhaps smaller scale but still.... Generals, military pilots, and civil pilots form various countries ( russia, equado, mexico, brasil did it recently, stating clearly that they thought the objects were from other civilizations... active generals i mean ( and they staid active even after saying it... ;-) ....

so basically i think what's missing is the US saying like the others are doing it...

But rmember that maybe the US is not necessarily hiding a UFO at area 51... maybe they are in contact with the aliens, mayby they are not, and are just observing and collecting debree sometimes

but nevertheless these are specifc arguments that all undely the fact that there are many many credidible episodes....

so i can understand that u are disappointed, but you mustant mistake what you dont belive in, disclosure, not the fact we are not alone.....

cheers ( and cheer up !!!!!) :-)

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

My point is pretty clear. You could reread what I wrote if you'd like, but I will sum it up for you again since you asked...

We're all waiting for clear proof, whether you believe in UFO's or not is not the issue. We are all interested Ufology for some reason or another and that's why we post here.

My advice was to tell him to stick with it because it's his interest and to let him know that his situation is not unique. There are many others out there who have an interest in ufology but have yet to have an encounter.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Hi Skeptical.
You know, I have been thinking the same thing for a while now.
Ufology is just cluttered with frauds and BS. I always think that theres more to the world than the daily reality we face, but too many hoaxes and made up UFO stories has seemed to make reality feel as if the world is just ordinary.
What helps me think that there is more to life than the daily reality;
When I gaze at the satrs and think- Man, there has got tp be something going on out there that I don't know about!. Also, the main UFO case that keeps my spirits up is the Rendlesham Forest incident. For me, that incident shows that there is more to the world that meets the eye, and that Fact, may be stranger than fiction in this case.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Have you seen this?

Webcam Photo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join