It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing My Faith

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ive been an avid reader here for a long time, and poster for that matter...but im getting to the point now where i really am starting to think the phenomena is bunk...ive spent MANY o nights gazing into the stars looking for ANYTHING out of the ordinary...researched many subjects, and i dont know its hard 2 explain, but im really just starting to get down on the subject.....ive considered myself a skeptical believer for a longtime i think im more or less starting to lean more and more towards just straight Skeptic....i dont know what to think anymore....just growing more and more frustrated w/ the topic...you know what im saying?

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Everyone has there journey, and you have to choose yours. If alien stuff is not your bag, just turn your back on it, as we both know we are not going to get any truths, until they want, i.e our leaders, nd i would not hold my reath.

Its your choice

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by skept!cal

Next time you're out there staring at the stars try flashing a torch up there with a three flash signal one second apart. Just a tip!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
didn't we just have a thread on this already?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Go back to basics again, to what originally sparked your interest in this area and start your research again, but this time choose a different avenue of research. It works for me.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I understand where you are coming from I think.

The thing is all information and its realistic truth's are twisted by opinion and many other things. It is hard to believe something with a healthy dose of skepticism as there seems to be a logical answer to most things. I however have been rather skeptical of every and any kind of phenomena my entire life. With this skepticism in hand and hoped for belief in another, when something really phenomenal happens and my skepticism can logically be reduced, the experience from that leans credence toward my conspiracy theorist side.

In my little experience with seeing UFO's and other phenomenon, the most likely time you will see them is when you are not expecting it and not looking for a experience.

Keep searching and there will be moments, sometimes short and unexplained but they will come where your skepticism will not be able to create rational logic, regardless of your intellect and education.

Every mans journey is his own and it is hard to take all others stories as fact as they are not your personal stories but given time you just might experience something to keep your interest in what we all cannot explain.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I share your sentiment. There is little if anythng I have read on this site alone to convince me that I should think anything about aliens and ufo's are anything more than a huge elaborate hoax.

And now, we are being called negative for questioning, asking for proof of outlandish stories?

If anything, the owners of this site should review material before it is put out there for all of us to read.

Simple, no proof, no evidence, no thread!

That should cut down on negativity a lot!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I understand where you are comming from. It is really hard to swallow these ideas and put them all together. I liked the advice about going back over the research piece by piece and possibly you will find something new, or different pieces of the puzzle.

I find quite a bunch of it to be really far out there, but then again, I think of what I believed only a year ago. If I put that in perspective with the catholic chruch and how they persecuted people only 500 years ago for believing the earth was the center of the universe. I think modern man might just be beginning to get a clue about life on earth.

Another point is that people like Jordan Maxwell, Jim Marrs, and other "Illuminati" researchers all came the the same conclusions based off their own research. Just like science, when it is a accepted within the community. It then is taught as reality, until proven otherwise.

Science is not king either, it is just accepted by the community of experts in that particular field.

We all know there are some experts in the conspiracy research as well.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's not a matter of faith to me. I just know things that make me think it's extremely likely that aliens are here, communicating with certain humans.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I don't know what to tell you, other than watching Independence Day 14 times, or play the video game www.gametrailers.com...

Basically, faith is the unseen and that is what faith is all about. So you either have it or you don't. I have faith that my faith is a semi-tangible thing, but I'm not going to force that issue, ya know?

If a UFO lands on your front lawn tonight you will scream "I knew it all along! I had faith!" but if it never happens in your lifetime, all you'll have is anxiety, which is now what you are obviously experiencing.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
There's too many individual happenings of the phenomena for there not to be something going on. It could be a massive hoax by the government to keep us all off track or it could be the alternatives. Something is definitely going on though.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Freelancer

thank you for your great advice, but for me this has been a long time interest, with lil to no pay off w/ all the research ive done over the years...i just think its so messed up that all these ppl are supposedly seeing SOMETHING, and yet i pay attention to the stars...the testimony...the evidence, and yet nothing...absolutely nothing over the years to show for anything to make me feel as if im searching for ANYTHING...the only thing that keeps me going in this field honestly are testimony's from credible resources such as i.e astronauts, police officers, and ex presidents....i just dont know anymore...trust me I WANT TO BELIEVE...i really do, but how can one keep searching when he finds nothing, or experiences nothing...i dont know im ranting, i do really appreciate the sentiments from you guys...trust me more than you know

Good Day
Skept!cal

[edit on 6-5-2009 by skept!cal]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hi, I just bought a telescope (allways been interested in our moon and aliens) to replace the one i sold a couple of years back.

A couple days passed as the weather was cloudy, and i had still not set it up to try. The following night (saturday) i had just finished certain bedroom activities with the wife
and was feeling restless, so i descided to go into the garden to cool off. I was enjoying the northern hemespheres delights (the plough) and just amazing myself with the view, when i caught sight of a bright yellow light star like object moving briefly in a short distance (as if traveling down and to the right but out into space) and disappeared.

If you can imagine this event happening in less sky area than the width of the moon you would get the idea.

I told my wife and she said maybe they forgot the lube!

Anyway we told the inlaws about it and left it at that. To my suprise apon visiting them again tonight, my father inlaw presented me with the local newspaper and a story about a head teachers ufo sighting that very night only 4 miles away!

UFO Sighting Shock

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

and trust me i think the same thing...i really do TRY and have faith...something deep inside me tells me we are obviously not alone in this world...thats something that resonates in my very soul, but faith gets so far in my book...at least on this subject...i think it would be such a waste of space if something didnt exsist in this vast place we call the universe...but my interets are just starting to fade

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by skept!cal

....ive considered myself a skeptical believer for a longtime i think im more or less starting to lean more and more towards just straight Skeptic....

Don't fight it, it's OK to be normal.

Maybe without that feeling of "need to believe" you will clear the path to have a simpler and more positive journey.

If the proof ever comes, you can always start believing again.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
ok let me help you out here with some very important points

God = did he make us? put us here "adam and eve"

Do you find your life pointless? you are born and you die? well why bother?

let me explain about aliens and god.... god is a question and this question is a function of your brain.. it requires it.. for its the question that keeps out universe going.

Most if not all people think a question is some arbitrary thing humans do.. and in a way it is..

but so do aliens.. why would an alien have anything to do with us asking why the heck there is some guy in a toga?

well they are as clueless as me and you THAT is why aliens are real..

look up at the sky, do you see that .. its your mind.. its not a joke or fake its VERY VERY REAL some people cant handle the fact your life your entire being is a function of a greater something..

you can not ask why it, you will get nowhere.. BUT we can understand how it works..

and if i was an alien i am sure i would want to UNDERSTAND how to keep ME "my mind going" and whatever we are trapped inside "and yes we are trapped"

but its a 2 way street for THE universe to BE HERE so do we "our essence" is the same thing that is above you

You said you see nothing out of the ordinary.. don't you think being here is a bit EXTRA ORDINARY in the first place in order for you to ask?

replace ego with self understanding of what your role is .. forget aliens forget god.. understand LIFE

does a tree seem alien? or do you take it for granted that you are the only thing that THINKS ?

hope that helps your view..

The dude who said the world was flat was looking at his feet always remember that.. it will help you in your quest to understand what you are and how perceptions can change the world.. and often shape it.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

^an Alien race? (probably not)

The theory that advanced life that may have left our planet? Study science for a moment and then turn back to ufology.

link   
reply to post by nerbot

Thanks Nerbot...i truly appreciate it buddy...this is why i post here at this site because of the indivduals on this site...yes theres alot of kiddies and nusciances, but the majority here really are here for a search for their own "truth"...thanks again bud for the kind words and thoughts

Good Day
Skept!cal

link   
Heres what I feel;

That some of us in this lifetime "need" that "special" experience to keep them going or in other cases are ready to share such a wonderful connection with another being outside of this planet without going insane.

I know of friends who had had some far out experiences, mine not so story telling but I feel that sometimes if we get that experience too soon we become dependant on "them"

I try and build and search myself within first, I find its much more important. and THEN have an experience with a being, et, alien..whatever you want. Too soon may put them as a kind of thing you would pray too..haha, and blame..sound familiar?

Anyways everything has its timing, you'll get yours don't worry..lol

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
now if someone has new techniques to try and help me w/ my search that would always be welcome...seriously im just REALLY trying to figure it out like the rest of you

Good Day
Skept!cal

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join