It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 Year Old Girl Arrested For Cursing At A 911 Operator To Help Dying Father In Detroit! "Are You G

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Gee loam,

Thanks for the advice.
- More like...won't waste my breath!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I was a paramedic and EMT for 9 years and I have several years in law enforcement and private security. I was also a wild land firefighter for two seasons.

When people are scared they say and do stupid things. As a cop, a medic, or a firefighter you need to keep your cool and grow a thick skin. This guy was a jack ass trying to exert his authority. He doesn't need to be fired, he needs a butt whippin'!

The girl was relatively calm, a tad irrate, but she had good reason. This is the problem with the current state of law enforcement. Everyone has pushed college education in lieu of training and mentorship hence we have a bunch of smart ass 'know it alls' that are on an authority trip. (oh and I have a degree. I'm not opposed to cops having an education but it is not a replacement for commonsense!)

Plus, too many of these guys take their religion and beliefs to the job and they act like a**holes because they are 'ordained' and holier than thou!

In addition to that issue, many officers are getting tactical and special ops training and I, IMHO, think this fosters a 'commando'/'Rambo' mindset.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
How awful to hang up on someone in need like that. She was panicking and her swearing was never directed at him until he started being unhelpful.

That poor girl must of been terrified for her dads life and all he could think about was a few minor words that were never even directed to him.

Personally i think he should lose his job surely in his training he must of learnt people may be in shock when they call and just to get the address and the problem asap.

Poor, poor professionalism there.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Are you kidding me. If it was a loved one of mine I would probably say alot more than that. For the persons answering the phone to be ticked off is secondary. SOLVE the dang problem.
I mean c'mon. A 17 year old kid trying to get assistance. Her loved one was in need of help Are you freaking kidding me. You're darn right I would say whatever I needed to say to get help.
Shame on you operator. I feel sorry for you.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

Thank you for your years of public service first of all and thanks for your insight in the developing culture of the police departments. Something I have been curious about for a while

From everyone else' stories in this thread sounds like F# living in Detroit.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I wonder why a police officer, who had many years of service and was trained to fight crime, was manning the 911 desk? It seems that that town is full of idiots.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4

I wonder why a police officer, who had many years of service and was trained to fight crime, was manning the 911 desk? It seems that that town is full of idiots.

Good point earthman. It looks to me like the officer may previously have been taken off the streets for some unprofessional behaviour incident.

Maybe they thought it would be safer to physically keep him away from the general public, given his attitude and all. If that was the case, they were so wrong. They could try moving him to tea making duties!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Oh yeah you got that right. They dont give two craps. You call and say your dieing and they either dont show up at all or show up 5 hours later. Cant rely on 911 in Detroit. Your on your own.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

On your own is right. Detroit is practically lawless. There is no point in calling the police, I have to do so quite often. It's a complete joke. I usually call for a parking violation, those cops will get there fast. (parking tickets make Detroit money) That cop will call for backup.

Tips and tricks in the D

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I'm not gonna be harsh on the girl at all. It is far more understandable that the girl behaved like her age and what she is, a panicked teenager.

On the other hand, the officer is a lot older and a professional, yet his temperament could cause a man to lose his life.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
Please remain calm and polite during extreme emergencies. Just because you have an emergency does not excuse you from proper decorum.

Is this what it all comes down to?

I'm surprised they didn't attempt to fine her for not having the proper permit to call 911.

Our bureaucracy is completely outta control. Between lawyers and bureaucrats who needs enemies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join