It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 Year Old Girl Arrested For Cursing At A 911 Operator To Help Dying Father In Detroit! "Are You G

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

17 Year Old Girl Arrested For Cursing At A 911 Operator To Help Dying Father In Detroit! "Are You Going To Swear Again? You Stupid Ass" (Cop Still Had Is Job)

www.youtube.com

In Lincoln Park, Calif. Michigan, a 17-year-old called 911 when her father (recovering at home from brain surgery) had a seizure. Her first call didn't go through, so the panicked girl hung up and tried again. While the phone was still ringing, the girl said "what the #." Apparently 911 calls are recorded even while the phone is ringing, so the police officer heard her say it. When the officer answered the call, he was only interested in the fact that the girl said "#" and wouldn't help t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I am glad that the father is okay here. But a 2 week suspension without pay is not acceptable for this officer. Can you imagine if the girls father had passed away due to the officers incompetence, this should be treated as a worst case scenario so it will not happen again!

In addition to him being an *ss he fabricated the story to the fire department! Doesnt he know ALL CALLS ARE RECORDED!!!!

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Please remain calm and polite during extreme emergencies. Just because you have an emergency does not excuse you from proper decorum.

Is this what it all comes down to?

+2 more 
posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
He should undergo brain surgery or have a life threatening event and have that girl answer his 911 call.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
That's it? 2 week suspension?

I can understand that police dispatch operators are under extreme pressure and have to deal with all kinds of phone calls. I'm a receptionist and I lose my temper all the time and that's just from people asking to direct their calls to different departments!

But to have this frantic 17 year old girl arrested for cursing? That's really extreme considering her circumstances.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It surprises me that the 911 operator bothered to pick up the phone at all.

In Detroit it is customary for the operators to not care. They put your "Emergency" into the que and whenever the police have time to arrive they might. Typically after they are certain the Emergency has passed.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
What an outrageous story...on both sides.

The officer is an arrogant ass...and so was the daughter.

I wonder why she thought it best to go to the police station and demand help, rather than seeking assistance from a neighbor or someone else?

+6 more 
posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

The daughter did nothing wrong at all.

She was in a panicked mood, and the officer was pumping his ego.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
There's more on the story here, for those of you who can't watch the youtube video. (I'm at work so I can't)

jumpthis.wordpress.com...

It looks like this happened last year but still, absolutely rediculous. Since it is almost a year old now, I've been trying to find an update on the officer in question but have been unsuccessfull so far. I'll post anything I find, if I do find anything.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
Please remain calm and polite during extreme emergencies. Just because you have an emergency does not excuse you from proper decorum.

Is this what it all comes down to?

This would be nice but this is real life. I don't care if I have to use every swear word I know to get someone to help someone I know from dying. They better do there job regardless of whether they like my choice of words or not. They are not paid by taxpayers to be the "nice" police. They are there to save people and they better darn well do it.

That's my opinion. That guy should be fire absolutely, no questions. He's an idiot.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This is off topic but...
The strangest thing is whenever I'm faced with hardcore, intense situations my calm levels go through the roof. Well, on the inside my addrenalin is beasting but to the outside I think I look pretty nonchelant.

I've heard recodings of these calls in which the caller is going ape and using all kinds of words. If the police in your country are the same as they are in the UK then it's yet another case of bullied in school so now he's on a permanent power trip.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I would think that any 911 operator has heard numerous swear words while they were on the phone during a life or death situation.

Clearly the 911 operator was wrong. The operator should have helped the person first.

If the persons language was offensive .... big deal.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
It surprises me that the 911 operator bothered to pick up the phone at all.

In Detroit it is customary for the operators to not care. They put your "Emergency" into the que and whenever the police have time to arrive they might. Typically after they are certain the Emergency has passed.

This is quite true - all of these functions of the system have not been operating in a useful way, these lazy dangerous chaotic parasites continue being paid by the tax payer though. This mental disease has also hit Canada - I keep hearing the same type of story over and over again. They are the ones who will turn on us when the time comes. They have no empathy and they despise people.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I found a little more information on this by using the officers name to search.

policecrimes.org...

The site linked above gives what looks to be a pretty solid account of the way it all happened and the second entry on the linked page sais that all charges against the girl were dropped. Also, the girl and her father are working on a settlement in regards to their lawsuit. Cheers.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
That's Detroit for you ... I've been mugged as a cop is driving by. The cop did a U-Turn, and then drove by a second time, as I'm VERY obviously being mugged. He didn't stop. They don't care; they just want to go home at the end of their shift, and collect a check at the end of the week -- and I don't blame them. I might do the same thing, if the situation was reversed.

Meanwhile, the naive people wonder why some of us hate and distrust the police.

This type of thing is unfortunate and frustrating, but it's also reality.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by theWCH]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I agree with you with respect to the officer, but why did she insist upon going to the police station for help as opposed to a neighbor? Makes no sense to me at all. Moreover, I find some of her subsequent calls less indicative of the panic she asserts now as a defense for her behavior.

I don't know about any of you, but I could see myself doing that same as she on the first call...maybe even the second. But once I understood what kind of nutcase I was dealing with on the other end of the phone, I would have begged, pleaded, or even apologized for ANYTHING just to receive the assistance my loved one needed.

She obviously lost sight of that.

Case and point:

Meanwhile, Ledesma left her older brother to tend to her dad and rushed a few blocks here to police headquarters to demand help and file a complaint.

That was her priority? To file a complaint while her dad is on the kitchen floor?

Not buying the complete victim angle on this story. Sorry.

She was as nuts as the officer.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by loam]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Hmm yes good point.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
What an outrageous story...on both sides.

The officer is an arrogant ass...and so was the daughter.

I wonder why she thought it best to go to the police station and demand help, rather than seeking assistance from a neighbor or someone else?

lol you must have some really good kids then or none at all.

Ya that would be a very typical response of a teenager. Had he not hung up on her the first time much less 3 times I think she would not have been near as agitated even if he did lecture her.

Not to mention it comes to what is accepted morals in the house hold. Not all house holds discourage kids from swearing, most but not all.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I agree with you, loam. It sounds to me like she was carrying a little too much of that cocky teenaged attitude for her own good. But an emergency operators first priority should always be to find out what the emergency is, then take the necessary steps to assist in whatever way is needed. Lessons in grammer and decorum can be offered later.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious
Not all house holds discourage kids from swearing, most but not all.

Then however unintended or unjustified the consequences, don't be surprised should they arrive to bite you in the ass beacuse of your parental views on social behavior.

(Of course, not you specifically, but generally... Just sayin'.)

Originally posted by Static Sky
But an emergency operators first priority should always be to find out what the emergency is, then take the necessary steps to assist in whatever way is needed. Lessons in grammer and decorum can be offered later.

I do not disagree with this in the least.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join