It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: The UN has run its course

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Iran: The UN has run its course

rawstory.com

On a formal meeting in Damascus today, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that the United Nations, unable to solve world problems, has run its course.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ynetnews.com

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Interesting statement here, i somewhat agree, due to the fact that they really don't accomplish too much ... of course that could just be me and my lack of news on the u.n. ... it seems like it's more of a bandage on an ever growing wound, that will never be able to heal the world's problems ...

what are your thoughts?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well with the dollar collapsing, North Korea barking, Iran barking, Israel barking, Russia barking, China barking, NWO talks, and so on; I predict a WW3 in the near future. Especially, since America is on the verge of collapsing and does not bring out the fear like she use to.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bputman
Well with the dollar collapsing, North Korea barking, Iran barking, Israel barking, Russia barking, China barking, NWO talks, and so on; I predict a WW3 in the near future. Especially, since America is on the verge of collapsing and does not bring out the fear like she use to.

"America doesn't bring out the fear like she use to"? What part of us got weaker with our military? Even if the money is borrowed the weapons aren't. Nobody would want to fight with the US because we don't need to have a long war if we are attacked, we will just flatten the target.

The world is on its way to WW3 because people think and talk like it is.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
++1^^
Russia is wanting revenge for losing the cold war.
China wants to rule the world.
Iran wants the bomb, Israel thinks that is not a good idea.
The United States cannot stand to be #2, so when we go down, we will take everyone with us.
There is not a doubt in my mind that if drastic changes are not made, we will go down as the last empire on the planet earth. Well, there will be roach empires.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Rome, at one time, was the nations of all nations. She had a superb military, she had the finest luxuries, and yet she fell. Just because America has great fire power and many luxuries; it does not mean she can't fall. All you have to do is take her down from the inside. It amazes me how soo many people believe that their country is invisible. Yet, it is only a step away from collapsing.

Oh, I am an American.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The dollar is not collapsing

America won't collapse either, dream on, we've faced much tougher hardships.

Rome, at one time, was the nations of all nations. She had a superb military, she had the finest luxuries, and yet she fell. Just because America has great fire power and many luxuries; it does not mean she can't fall. All you have to do is take her down from the inside. It amazes me how soo many people believe that their country is invisible. Yet, it is only a step away from collapsing.

Oh, I am an American.

Rome didn't collapse overnight which is what people here are suggesting.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It would seem very unlikely to me that the US would collapse unless TPTB would incite a collapse. The most telling sign to me is Canada. We have the second largest OIL RESERVES in the world. Push comes to shove the Canadian Government will stand with the US, as always. From my own POV Canada cannot sustain itself without the US, economically and militarily. If the US government continues to move in the wrong direction as far as the gun issue is, there will be big problems and understanding how "peoples'access to info "is today the military would side with the Constitution(BILL OF RIGHTS) and the People, not TPTB. Americans civil rights are what really has defined the country and taking them away is the best way to incite a backlash, and in view of accumulative tax increases over the past 20 years, It would not take much more to get the populaces to a point where they may rebel.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Ihave to agree with you there. It's not going to collapse but they will merge.. The Amero is the real deal. It's not a question of '"if" but "when". Not a good time to be a habs fan.

By the way so am I

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The UN recently finished their report on the Gaza invasion.

They found Israel guilty of most of the war crimes during the incident.
Many of them we watched happen live, night after night, right here with ATS.

The excessive use (any use should be illegal) of white phosphor bombs, a chemical warfare weapon which burns away skin on contact and is dispersed over large areas.

The destruction of the UNRWA headquarters.

Assaults on the UN compounds.

... the list goes on.

The Palestinians were guilty of one war crime, they too opened fire at one point on a building housing UN personnel.

The UN were pretty thorough with the report, and even attempted to avoid bias against the Israelis by hiring someone of their primary religious descent to lead the investigation.

... regardless, Israel immediately dismissed the report. Completely disrespecting the UN and everything it stood for.

These are our allies?

With friends like these... (you know the rest).

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Fundly enough, I think Iran have found something in common with the United States.

On issues where the UN doesn’t agree with you, your attitude is that’s its run its course, or its weak and toothless.

But, if its in your interests you seem quite obliged to use its resources and guidelines to alienate your enemy.

The UN, unlike responsibility, cannot be used when it suits you.

Its either there or it isn’t.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I never thought i would see the day when i agree with Iran on anything but, lo and behold, that day has arrived. I don't trust the UN as far as i can pick the whole thing up and throw it. Their agenda of world-unity and stripping countries of sovereignty disturbs me and i believe them to be a part of the NWO.

TA

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

I mean no disrespect at all here, but the US is being taken down by design

The US may have faced harder conditions in the past, but those men are gone now, to old to fight, the youth care more for luxuries than freedom, if they can't twitter someone they are breathing in and out they throw a tantrum.

When countries stop buying your debt and stop selling to you because your money is now no good, civil unrest will take place because people will not be able to live in the way that they are accustomed to and violence will become the norm.
Food shortages to begin with, fuel rationing and high unemployment, regular power outages.

crime, gangs and corruption will soon take the place of order and civility.

I base my opinion more off what I am witnessing and reading rather than what is reported in the media.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
I never thought i would see the day when i agree with Iran on anything

my thoughts exactly when i read this!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
I mean no disrespect at all here, but the US is being taken down by design...I base my opinion more off what I am witnessing and reading rather than what is reported in the media.

Interesting. I'm not sure but I don't believe you live in the US, right? I'm curious as what you are witnessing and from what vantage point?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
The UN recently finished their report on the Gaza invasion.

They found Israel guilty of most of the war crimes during the incident.
Many of them we watched happen live, night after night, right here with ATS.

The excessive use (any use should be illegal) of white phosphor bombs, a chemical warfare weapon which burns away skin on contact and is dispersed over large areas.

The destruction of the UNRWA headquarters.

Assaults on the UN compounds.

... the list goes on.

The Palestinians were guilty of one war crime, they too opened fire at one point on a building housing UN personnel.

... regardless, Israel immediately dismissed the report. Completely disrespecting the UN and everything it stood for.

These are our allies?

With friends like these... (you know the rest).

Israel has friends when it suits them

They have no quams about stabbing anyone in the back

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

I am not in the US so I am not biased by Patriotism.
As much as I like the American people, I have found that their biggst downfall is that blind patriotism, believing that the US is the greatest country in the world even though many do not even have passports and are unable to compare.

I read on the internet more often than not now, prior to that ,books.
I see the type of movies coming out over the years as well as people posting themselves on youtube.
We see constantly in the media the stereo type of look of the US, which is something I do not follow, stereo typing is counter productive.

But believe me, I have had a lot of experience with people from all over the US and they are great people.
Unfortunately it is the blind patriotism which itself is allowing the freedoms to be erroded.
I don't blindly believe what I read on the net or in books, but if you know anything about human nature, you are able to be one step ahead and see what is happening even without looking down the road.
Just because I am currently sitting in my Living room, does not mean I am isolated from the world.

research on the internet is a great thing.

top topics

join