It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Furious" insider stock selling pace: fastest since 2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
As most of you know, insiders (big stock-bloc owners, corp management, etc) are required to publically list their buying and selling of company shares.

The writers at the links below take a look at the recent insider selloff numbers, which show the fastest selloff sicne 2007. And interesting that that was right around the last market peak. Hmmm. What a convenient coincidence, what are the odds, what are the odds?

Apparenly the big dawgs know something us peons don't (surprise surprise). So much for the so-called... errr... mphfh... (*can no choke back hysterical laughter*
) "bottoming and recovery."

Link 1:
pragcap.com...

Link 2:
www.businessinsider.com...

[edit on 5/5/09 by silent thunder]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

S and F

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!!

I have sent out the article in an email to people, I hope they are paying attention!! I hope people see, things are quite as "rosy" as the media would lead you to believe about the meltdown.

I give the market until mid July....... then....... if people hadn't been paying attention - well, it will be sad!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So what does it all mean? The MSM will no doubt tell us to BUY BUY BUY while the prices are "low", then BLAMMO! FEMA Zombie camps for all followed by mass cannibalism then the Swine Flu Political party will sweep the Whitehouse in the next election. Then FEMA and DHS will merge with GE, Merck, and Kentucky Fried Chicken and become the single largest CorpoDemocracy on the face of the earth

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I certainly don't blame them. I would get my millions out too, if I were so luck to have them...

I think it is very telling of what is about to come.

I see the movie "Deathrace" and "Idiocracy" in our future.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i did a post on this on the 24'th or april but
....it is something good to bring into the light again

i think i had a pretty solid post

basically the market trades on short term

more sheep investors are buying into the recovery hullabaloo ...nevermind no one mentions to them the recovery will be a jobless and earnings less one...lol ...(but hey what would you beleive if you lost half your 401k and hear the media cheerleading a rally ....like H.S cheerleaders...) almost too easy

the thing is now that the big threat of.....total collapse has passed and now those who have already lost money (and not sold say on the way down at 11,000) they seem to have more incentive to just hold on and pray and "believe" instead of sell.....

prepare for the traders in this "bull" to be shot sometime later in the year when 2'nd 3'rd and 4'th quarter earnings are REVISED DOWNWARD......how much is the big question.....and that i can't tell you
and that will determine wether when the above happens we go down to 500 or 750 on the S^P 500......this could take till fall or DEC.. if the S^P 500 gets above two key resistance levels the first being a substantial break above 908 (3 days above with rising volume's is usually a good indicator) after that level........the key resistance may be 943'ish

[edit on 5-5-2009 by cpdaman]

[edit on 5-5-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The Bailout money from the government has not been declared - we still don't know where it went, and since no one is borrowing (hello housing crisis) the money has gone straight into propping up the market and providing positive outlook (clever) meanwhile the "insiders" are drawing down on their investments which is being propped up by your taxes - cool hey.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Some may have sold pre-April 15 for tax reasons (to declare a loss). Many others (probably most) suspect, as I do, that this is simply a bear market rally driven by the big banks/hedge funds to improve their "reserves".

Another argument is that P/E ratios are still be priced to reflect "real life", but either you jump on the train while it's building steam, or risk getting your arms ripped off. I play it safe with options, usually at least three months out 'till expiration, and go long calls and puts around an earnings announcement.

Sometimes you can sell one side in the froth before the announcement, and sell the other side afterwards. It's fairly obvious that some stocks are driven one way or the other days before earnings, then whipsawed after they "disappoint. Right now, I'd rather be stuck with OTM puts (than calls) heading into expiration. So, my advice is, research over-inflated stocks that will probably disappoint, buy OTM calls and puts a couple days before earnings and try to sell the calls pre-announcement. That's what the big money does.

We will probably get a huge "correction" when Israel attacks Iran. If you want to play it safe, buy an oil ETF or gold/silver.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Liebold thanks for that

let me ask you two things

Do you think the fed is buying futures

What makes you think Isreal will attack Iran now......Biden was just talking to AIPAC about isreal making nice.....that was refeshing to see a VP stand up and at least not kiss the lobby's ass

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
cdpaman,

No, I don't think the Fed is active in the futures market. They are effectively shorting the dollar by printing money and buying Treasuries, but I don't think they're in the equities markets.

Goldman Saks (Geitner's boss), on the other hand, is most definitely in the futures market, as they are being paid to "provide liquidity" (see link).

seekingalpha.com...

I can't say that war is imminent, but I feel as though there will be an event - whether natural or man-made - that will spook the markets. It may be a "terrorist" event (though probably not an inside job like 9/11), or a Coronal Mass Ejection.

Disclosure: "Short" 12/21/2012, satellites, optimism

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
My bet is on a natural event. Inconvenient natural events happen all the time, but when they happen during a financial meltdown, things get ugly. The Long Depression had it's share of problems (yellow fever, drought, locusts) and the Great Depression had the Dust Bowl. These natural events are what made the Depressions so bad.

Can you imagine if Katrina had hit us this year? It would cripple us.

I would watch for signs of drought, hurricane, a bigger and badder flu pandemic, the disruption of the arctic conveyor, and rumblings beneath Yellowstone.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by theWCH]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The PPT has goosed the stock market and told their pals at goldman and citi and the big hedgies when to get in and out. It's criminal insider trading on a trillion $ scale but they'll get away with it like always. The Anarchy of the Elite is always with us.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The last three weeks again big American insiders have dumped their shares. A total of 1,15 billion Dollars

[url=http://i.fokzine.net/upload/090813_60385_InsiderTransactions8.13.09.jpg]http://i.fokzine.net/upload/090813_60385_InsiderTransactions8.13.09.jpg[/ url]

I think we're in for an 'Indian Summer' with some big bonfires!

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Olafski]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Olafski
The last three weeks again big American insiders have dumped their shares. A total of 1,15 billion Dollars

[url=http://i.fokzine.net/upload/090813_60385_InsiderTransactions8.13.09.jpg]http://i.fokzine.net/upload/090813_60385_InsiderTransactions8.13.09.jpg[/ url]

I think we're in for an 'Indian Summer' with some big bonfires!

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Olafski]

Thanks for staying on the ball with this. I consider this one of the most important market indicators out there.

To this unpleasant piece of news itself, I have only one answer:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf5d70d11abb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Hold on.
So what you are saying is the inside trading has a direct correlation to the direction of the stock market.
If the insiders were dumping their portfolios back in May then shouldn`t the market have been down for the last few months

Since May the DOW has climbed 1000 points.

Enlighten me !

[edit on 20-8-2009 by venividivici]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici
Hold on.
So what you are saying is the inside trading has a direct correlation to the direction of the stock market.
If the insiders were dumping their portfolios back in May then shouldn`t the market have been down for the last few months

Since May the DOW has climbed 1000 points.

Enlighten me !

[edit on 20-8-2009 by venividivici]

Two important factors take much of the steam out of our little recent "rally;"

1) The value of the the dollar is down:
futures.tradingcharts.com...

2) True inflation is much, much higher than the laughable "core inflation" stats they pump out on CNBC or CNN these days: "core inflation" ignores food, housing, insurance, transportation, and education costs. What's left to measure? Plasma TV prices?
See here for a better measurement of REAL inflation:
www.shadowstats.com...

Once you factor in the losses in the value of the dollar and the real inflation rate, the recent "gains" in the market look a lot more feeble. Zimbabwe might see a 200% jump per day on its stock market, but if inflation rises 400% that same say, that's a net loss for the stockholders: a halving in value rather than a doubling. And if they try to get out of the market and convert their stack of toilet-paper currency into anything printed by another nation, they'll take an even bigger hit.

We aren't Zimbabwe, but that extreme example illustrates the basic truth that stock market "increases" are meaningless in the face of currency erosion and strong inflation.

Another point: Insiders have LOTS of stock to dump. They may have decided to dump blocs in stages over the year rather than all at once to completely crash the market and destroy ALL their wealth.

[edit on 8/20/09 by silent thunder]

new topics

top topics

join