It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid of aeroplanes?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK

I wish i had flying clearance my self though as well as a set of wings or rotors to practice air commuting personally. I guess our grandchildren might have a chance of that...
Somehow i agree that holding your own fate in your hands feels more comfortable.

What you describe is surprisingly within reach if you really want it. All you need is one of those new, easy-to-get, Sport Pilot certificates. Then pick up a copy of Kit Plane magazine, and you'll see that there are all sorts of ways you can own and operate an aircraft without being a millionaire.

Many of those ways are wildly suicidal, of course, but it can be done.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The other thing about that article about Flight 3407 that blew my mind was the airline claiming they would have fired the pilot, had they known that he'd failed two flight-checks, which he didn't happen to mention when he applied for his job.

I mean, HELLO, there's no mechanism in place for verifying such things? Do they just look at what a pilot puts in his or her application and just... what, take their word for it?

If that's the case, you might wanna buy stock in AmTrak, 'cause I'm puttin' in my application over at United.

Provided, of course, that they're willing to pay me at least $16,500 per year, and not a penny less.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I guess that following the recent Air France accident the percentage of people afraid of aeroplanes will increase.

I have gained some better understanding on people's fear. However i feel i will still take the feared risk and go ahead in using planes when required.

<< 1  2   >>

join