It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 men file complaint against RCMP after Raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

3 men file complaint against RCMP after Raid

www.ctvbc.ctv.ca

Three British Columbia men are calling for an investigation, alleging that they were beaten by RCMP officers and bitten by a police dog during a raid on an apartment in Surrey last year.

Emad Hovaizavi, Mohammed Bosir and Seyedmorteza Ghadiriasli said in a complaint filed against the RCMP that they were "having a conversation over a cup of tea" in Mr. Hovaizavi's apartment in November 2008 when members of a police Emergency Response Team broke down the door.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This story is pretty frustrating, since they had the warrant for the room 206, right next door to 205. The numbers were clearly visible on the door and this was a blatant mistake by an entire team of LEO's.

Just goes to prove that your never safe from them, criminal or NOT.

The complainants say they have learned that police had warrants to enter apartment units 201 and 206 of the same building. But the three men were located in unit 205.

Perfectly good citizens, and they probably will fear the police for the rest of their life, and rightfully so.

The victims do not have criminal records or any previous dealings with the RCMP, the complaint said.

No one has been charged in connection with the incident

www.ctvbc.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
How could they justify that much force (attacking with the dog) when the men were overwhelmed in the first place?

Internal review means sit on it as long as possible until everyone forgets about it and hope some video doesn't go viral.

Sounds like assault with an offensive weapon, criminal trespass, destruction of public property, plain and simple. Haven't heard anything about the SOC (ERT members) getting arrested and processed.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Its situations like this that give decent Law Enforment Officials a bad name, and puts a stale taste of aged cat urine in my mouth. This really adds to the hatred that many people have toward the LEO community, its a shame that they have to rid themselves of the trash in order to clean up the trash.

Fry

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
This story is pretty frustrating...
Just goes to prove that your never safe from them, criminal or NOT.

Between this, the recent search and rescue op where they ignored the HELP on the mountainside, and the Vancouver airport tasering, I'd say the BC detachment of the Queen's Cowboys is where they send the bottom 20% of the class.

Pity...the red serge used to mean something special.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Ugh...what's with the RCMP lately.

Seriously. The RCMP's once proud name has been tarnished beyond repair, and they only have themselves to blame.

I don't think I will ever view the mounties the same way again, I am sad to say.

They have some serious work to do if they ever want to regain the publics trust.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I dunno, a teammate of mine got harrassed for 'hitting' a woman when he was pushing her out of the way in danger...
People do have a way of exaggerating when it come to this so they can avoid people thinking about their crimes or to get money from the already underfunded groups... but I agree they should have know better and been more careful in checking their subjects. Not to mention 3 guys drinking tea does not call for pressure.

new topics

top topics

join