It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!!! mass suicide by flu?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Mexico says flu ebbing, lowers alert level

MEXICO CITY – Mexican officials lowered their swine flu alert level in the capital on Monday and said they will allow cafes, museums and libraries to reopen this week, even as world health officials weighed raising their pandemic alert to the highest level.

The public places in Mexico will reopen in the time when WHO mulls to raise the alert to Phase 6 - the highest level!

For those who don't wish to participate in the collective suicide, we have many items to choose from:
shopping.msn.com...,scid=6,SortBy=POP,Order=D&view=grid&ptnrid=175&ptnrdata=205276

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
i dont get it why would they commit suicide

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
He meeans that the decision made by the mexican government is the same as suicide i.e not so wise. Go out for dinner tonight or just shoot myself in the head, have an icecream with my friends at the movies or jump from a bridge etc etc. I also think its unwise but what can they do, they already lost billions of dollars and if the quarantine continues the whole country might go bancrupt.

[edit on 2009/5/4 by reugen]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
oh i get ya u mean by letting them out they gunna get flu

i got a question how do i get a picture by my name like u

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tdrowe2008

i got a question how do i get a picture by my name like u

Get yourself checked for symptoms of swine flu by the mods and if you are clear follow this line -------------------- > www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Swine flu, or Ah1n1, is just a damn storm in a glass of water. This is what a slow news day can bring you.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Do you understand exactly what you're doing? You're doing exactly what "msn shopping" wants you to do. You know how much money they're making off of this paranoia? Yes, it most likely IS a pandemic, I respect that people want to be cautious, but being this afraid of the flu is just pathetic. I know it's a different strain, but do you see the fatality rate? It's not THAT bad- especially considering there's more people who die daily due to human cause- bombs, guns, # like that... I believe we all should calm down a bit because every time something happens, humans as a whole tend to blow it up and make it a bigger problem than it really is. Does anyone remember this all happening when the bird flu came out? SARS? I do, and I was only 13 or 14 when SARS became an issue.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Going to the movies 21 may ? ;-)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillarybelieves
reply to post by stander

Do you understand exactly what you're doing? You're doing exactly what "msn shopping" wants you to do.

As long as they pay me, I do what they want me to do. I wish I knew how much "msn shopping" gave to the Mexican prez and to WHO to contradict each other.

Face mask! Don't leave your home without it.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The spanish influenza of 1918 only infected 1/3 of the population.

Three percent of the infected died.

So only 1% of the total population died. You might call it russian roulette, but that hardly ammounts to suicide.

In Mexico it is simply too late for containment. In fact it is too late in most of the world. That is why borders and travel are not being shutdown.

It has spread world wide already.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Mexico just wants their economy back which is why they want to re-open everything and keep whining about banned exports.
What this will do is spread the virus at a much faster rate, and their health care system will collapse along with their country.
Might as well just keep everything closed.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander

Originally posted by hillarybelieves
reply to post by stander

Do you understand exactly what you're doing? You're doing exactly what "msn shopping" wants you to do.

As long as they pay me, I do what they want me to do. I wish I knew how much "msn shopping" gave to the Mexican prez and to WHO to contradict each other.

Face mask! Don't leave your home without it.

MEXICO CITY (AP) -- Mexico announced a return to "normalcy" on Monday, preparing to reopen businesses and schools even as the virus sickened more than 1,400 people in 20 countries.

World health officials said the global epidemic is still in its early stages, and that a pandemic could be declared in the days to come. But Mexico's president said it was waning at its epicenter, justifying Wednesday's end to a five-day nationwide shutdown he credits for reducing the spread of the new virus.

Already, streets in the capital seemed more lively, with more vehicles and fewer people wearing face masks. Some cafes even reopened ahead of time. President Felipe Calderon said universities and high schools will reopen on Thursday, and younger schoolchildren should report back to school on May 11.

finance.yahoo.com...

I guess the marketing strategy didn't work that well.

It's a stress test for the virus. If the infection rebounds, the Mexican prez gets a turkey Nobel Price.

top topics

join