It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Believe I Can Fly"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I haven't had an awesome dream experience in what seems like forever... until last night.

Have you ever been asleep and heard the phone ring and answered it, started to talk and then it rings again and you realize you are still asleep?

This is kind of what happened to me last night which is kind of wierd being that I can usually recognize when I am asleep and dreaming.

I sat up on my bed (I was sure I was awake) and started to get up to go to the bathroom. I looked to my right and saw myself lying asleep on the bed. When I saw myself I realized I was asleep and dreaming.

I tried to contain my excitement so I wouldn't wake myself and get slammed back into my body. Fortunately, I was able to do this and remain in a dream state.

I stood up and remembered that people had asked me if I could travel through walls while lucidly dreaming, I decided to try. Keep in mind that I was in a 100% Lucid dream state at this point. I went (I was floating smoothly more than walking) to the wall next to my bedroom window and tried to stick my face through the wall and look outside. My face went into the wall, but no matter how far I pushed it into the wall it never came out the other side.

I walked over to the window and tried there. When I did this I went right through the window and found myself outside my house in the front yard. I couldn't believe it. I had a great feeling come over me and a great sense of freedom and power.

Generally in these dreams I can fly, but this one was a bit different. While I would claim that the others seemed to be real, this one was different in that I was truly, truly 100% aware of my surroundings and everything matched with real-life perfectly, I could even see my body. It was just as it is in real-life, except that it was like I had a bit of a glow and seemed to be less dense - if that makes any sense.

It was like I was a rookie and I had to learn how to fly. When I first tried I wasn't going that fast or that far. The more I tried the further up I got until I was so far up I could see the landscape below as being very small, at this point I could fly very, very fast as well.

I tried to go to a place I used to live, but I couldn't find my way from such a height, in the dark - I used to live in a different state.

I went back to my house, I was floating above it and I went in through the roof. It was amazing, because as I entered I went through roof, into the attic space, and then into the house, evrything was exactly as it is in my waking state, from the insulation in the attic down to the picture frames and pictures inside.

I left my house, went to my parents home, and flew in; I wanted to see if my mom could see me like this and what she thought of it. When I went in I could see the alarm clock on her bed-side. It read 4:17a. She was asleep on her bed. I tried to wake her by touching her shoulder, but she wouldn't wake-up or move. When I made contact with her I had an incredible feeling in my hand and up my forearm. It was a good feeling - like a connection, really, I don't know how else to explain it.

When I realized she wasn't going to wake up I left and flew back to my home. I flew around the back yard for a bit, just experimenting with what I could do.

I was still very excited and I went down to the ground to see what else I could do. I dipped my feet and legs into the pool and could feel the sensation of the water, but my feet and legs didn't get wet. I moved around like everything was normal, except I didn't walk - I seemed to float effortlessly where ever I went. Then I went into my house through the back door, without opening it. When I was inside I wanted to try and turn on the faucet. I could grab the faucet, but I couldn't move it. I tried to open a cabinet door, but I couldn't. I could pass my face and body though any object and see what was on the other side, but I couldn't physically manipulate anything. It was like being invisible. I went back to my room and saw myself still asleep in bed.

I sat at the end of my bed, where I originally realized I was in a dream state, and looked around my room with a feeling of sheer euphoria, a giddy feeling, like being excited about getting something you have always wanted or felt like you couldn't have (like having a crush on someone you think is the Bees Knees, someone that was just out of your league, then finding out they feel the towards you). It was a great feeling.

I laid back down into my body and when I was almost all the way back into my body I felt the jolt that I refer to as being "slammed" back into my body. When I felt this I knew I was back and I woke myself up and looked immediately at the clock to see how long I was asleep, it read 4:30a.

This was a welcome experience after having had nightmares the last couple of times. I have had Lucid dreams throughout my life, but none seemed as accurate and as real as this one did. I hope I get to have similiar experiences many more times throughout my life.

I also hope each and everyone of you, if you wish to, get to have an experience like this - if not just once, many times as well.

These experiences make you realize the complexity of our minds and the world we live in.

Incredible.

Do any of you have any experience in interpreting dreams? What do you think of this dream?

Some believe that dreams are actually based in reality almost like us operating in another dimension. This could be true, but not for all dreams, as some of them are obviously created by the mind.

Lucid dreams are not like a traditional dream. You are aware of the surroundings like when you are awake and you generally have complete control of yourself and everything around you. You also remember them just like you would remember something you did while awake yesterday.

Does anyone have any opinions on Waking or Lucid dreams? Or an opinion on my dream and what it could mean?

I don't mean just the general theory of dream interpretation, but what these types of dreams could mean in reality, and if they are based in reality, not the sub-concious.

Some believe that we have guides that help us during our dream state, what do you all think?

Thanks

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Generally I have lucid dream about flying however have experienced the same sort of feeeling as yourself, for example I cant fly well at first however before I wake up I am soaring. The main interpretation of this dream is that you want to escape your current situation/job/life and you need to be free of what is subconsiously getting you down.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Nice dream, wish I had more of these, I should start reading up on the more metaphysical (is that the right term) aspects of life.

I too, once in a while, have dreams of flying, rarely like a bird and more commonly like I was on a low gravity planet like the moon or smaller, jumping through the land, sometimes while flapping my arms like a bird to get airborne. I would always have to flap forcefully to 'push' the air and I would go up and up and up...

I miss dreams like these
These are better than any form of entertainment on Earth except for 'fun'

[edit on 4-5-2009 by star in a jar]

[edit on 4-5-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
what excercises did you do in order to start your lucid dream.

i had heard of trying to remember your previous dreams, even going as far as a journal.

i have lucid dreamed before, but it was a while ago. have since lost it. i now sleep while barely remembering any dream at all.

does anyone know why?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

I have dreams like this for a very long time. As I have gotten older my desire to experience dreams like this has grown and led me to find some methods to induce such dreams. I did not try anything like this when I had this experience, which is why I was kind of shocked when, in my dream, I found that I was still asleep.

One of the better methods I have found is a simple one called "Mind Awake, Body Asleep". Basically what you do is try and keep your concious awareness while letting your body relax. When your body relaxes enough you will find that your body has fallen asleep and your mind is free to be in control during your dream state.

This can be very scary for first time experiencers because you will be very sucseptible to sleep paralysis. This can be very scary to someone who doesn't know what it is like to have an episode of "Sleep Paralysis"

If you are able to stay calm you are in for one heck of an experience. If you are able to stay calm, you may also be able to stay in this state for an extended period of time. This is generally unusual since dreams are typically occuring during the first moments after falling to sleep and the last moments before waking up.

To a previous poster, I am sorry I don't remember your SN but thank you for your post and your interpretation.

I have read in a few places that body flight dreams are typically had because of really great experiences, feelings of general power or domination, or recent success in the individuals life.

I had never heard that flight dreams were from being in a bad position in life.

Here is a link to a website that is very good for use when interpreting dreams:

www.dreammoods.com...

I hope I have another dream like this again tonight, though I doubt I will because they are just so rare. Maybe if I don't one of you reading this will and can tell us about your experience later.

Or tell us about a previous experience now.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I have repeated dreams that I get Michael Jordan Scottie Pippen and the rest of the Bulls back together to try to make a run at the NBA Championship. And even though they are old, we always end up doing quite well. Just reminded me of Space Jam.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This sounds more like astral projection than some mere wimpy dream state. You should probably look into out-of-body experiences instead of searching out consultation on dream interpretation.

I've had lucid dreams all the time but they are still not so literal, but more vision-like with surreal elements, some called upon by willing, some integral to the structure. After those, I do not see myself lying on the bed and lay back into my body; I just wake up.

[edit on 5/13/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I will check out astral projection more. I was under the impression that astral projection was a state of mind that you can enter through meditation that occurs when you meditate into a sleep type state.

I will check out out of body experiences a bit more too.

It was wierd how when it first started I looked over and saw my body lying there and that's how I realized I was asleep. Then I went back and looked at my body asleep and layed beck down into it. It was a very wierd, wierd experience, though I can't say it's the wierdest.

Thanks

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It's an out of body experience, and not a dream. Most people leave their bodies at night and travel to higher realms, but it is possible to visit your own location and other places in the material dimension. The majority of people are not able to remember their night-time travels.

Your body is in the 3rd dimension, but as your spirit/mind complex which is attached to it, has an atomic structure which vibrates at a higher frequency, it can't normally be seen or felt by people around you. That is part of what happens when people die, the spirit/mind complex leaves the body and the individual can see his own dead body left on the bed.

You wouldn't have been physically been able to manipulate material objects, because they have a denser atomic structure than your spirit/mind complex.

If you were to search Google for Out Of Body Experiences, and Astral Projection, I am sure you would obtain a deeper understanding of the factors involved, and what purpose it serves. You may also be able to findout how this gift could be used for the benefit of humanity.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallsorts

So you believe this is real, in reality? That's awesome... I was thinking it was generally a wierd dream, a phenomenal, but wierd dream.

Whta do you believe one could achieve during obe that could have any benefit for others, if you can't manipulate material objects. This could explain why I couldn't wake my mother - but I could feel when I touched her.

I wonder, now that I have experienced this, if there is any way to induce such an experience?

I have had Lucid Dreams frequently throughout my life and they have become more intense over the years. I wonder why am I now having obe? Is it the natural progression of these experiences I have been having?

I would love to have this experience every night. It was incredible. I also wish everyone who wants to could have an experience like this at least once. It truly is eye-opening.

If you have any more information about this would be great to hear it.

I have looked at some things on the internet, but the information is so impersonal. It is good to have this site and thread for those of you who can help can read my experience and offer more of a customized view of what I am experienceing.

Thanks

S.D.

Edit to add:

I just read the Wiki-pedia explanation of OBEs. It described, so closely, my experience. The part where a lot of people notice their bodies almost by accident and the world around them being the same as reality.

There were two types of OBOes.

Locale 1, which is the type I had. It sates that the experience occurs in the everyday world, sometimes with details peviously unknown to the experiencer but real witnessed by the experiencer.

Locale 2, Which is the type where everything is vey real, but the world around you is different - possibly alien in description.

Apparently there are several ways to induce an experience like this. I had previously heard of one technique to have Lucid Dreams called "Mind Awake, Body Asleep". It works very well, especially after you have practiced it several times.

I do want to have another experience like this so I think I will try some of the methods mentioned in this explanation of OBEs.

I will research each method mentioned and pick which one might work the best for me.

If any of you guys have any suggestions, please, let me know about them.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 13-5-2009 by esteay812]

new topics

top topics

join