It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Video: Neuroscientist has stroke and experiences Nirvana

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Oh I been there, I know what she's talking about.

but to say..."oh she experienced a stroke - this is NOT enlightenment"

uh...She's standing there baring her soul to the world as humble as a person can be talking about peace and the interconnectedness of us all and how important it is for people to project it....to help bring about peace on earth....

and that is NOT enlightenment?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
new age crap repackaged.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
People,

I happened to have seen this video long before. I happened to have been studying the mysteries hidden within a human being by studying the different mystic traditions of India/Ancient Conspiracies and things like that as well. This video is the best connection that I have found between modern day brain science and all the esoteric traditions, and a couple of conspiracies.

Perhaps those who have read the Da Vinci Code, might be aware as to how the female side of things have been suppressed by a male dominated society.( you know what I mean , the conspiracy associated with the suppression of the feminine side in our modern day society). The experience she has described here, is seemingly similar to that of of unity consciousness/oneness with the universe/nirvana/enlightenment/awareness of the actual nature of human being to be a much greater being than a mere Mr. John Smith, an accountant working in a bank etc. Now this state of mind, is what most of the esoteric traditions proclaim to be the highest state of mind, i.e. when a human being becomes a much bigger entity than himself, so powerful enough to change his environment, display a wide variety of super human powers, and change his life for good. It seems perfectly logical, that the right brain must be having some kind of connection with the practices given in the esoteric traditions of the east. And it is indeed true.

This stroke of insight, only leads one to question the nature of education we all have been forced to accept in our lives. A purely logical , reasoning based education, leaves us with an impaired right brain, which can be used as a source of profit for others with not so good ulterior motives ( the conspiracy associated with suppression of the feminine or the right brain ).

Out of extreme curiosity, about this hidden aspect of the right brain, I read the book , the stroke of Insight, written by this same author, Dr. Jill taylor, just 3 days back ( Pure coincidence .. isn;t it ?
)

The book went on to reveal, as to how she realized she was a being, ,much greater than what she had 'thought ' she was. She could never imagine that her body would EVER be able to represent the true magnitude/ enormity of her TRUE nature. However, inspite of all the temptations to be in that euphoric state of mind, she decided to train her left brain , and recover, so that she could tell her story to the world. So as to inspire us, and other stroke patients. She also talks of how she was able to selectively be aware of only the 'good' neurological circuits ( or good thoughts) , and how she was able to observe the rise and fall of the physiological response to chemicals produced by the limbic system (or emotions) after just 90 seconds. In other words, She chose not to identify with any emotions. That allowed her to be in a blissful state always. The biggest secret she seemed to say was how she was able to access that state of bliss anytime, anywhere, by accessing her right half of the brain ( reminds one of how enlightened masters speak as to how anybody can achieve enlightenment anytime anywhere).

Well, before any of you would like to criticise whatever I have said above, why don't you do one thing. Just think about this. Imagine you have two hands ( lets just imagine ), and you ended up using only one, your left hand. How difficult life would have been in that case. You would have been typing the keyboard using just one hand, brushed your teeth using onlyone hand, in short, you just ignored using your right hand, by using only your left hand. Would'nt you feel STUPID when you saw someone else using both of their hands to use a keyboard, and that too at 100 wpm
All of us are using only our left hands right now, and totally neglecting our right hands ( the analogy to the respective half in the brain is the intended point).

Time to study all the esoteric traditions/use right brain in our daily life/practice meditation/BE in the moment/Self Realization.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Well - I would have a lot to say on this subject - but I wont go on too much.

What I will do is show a sequence of consequences arising from two methods of thinking. Bear in mind, everyone has a right and left side of their brain, and can chose to exersise either method of thinking.

The left brain seeks to filter all incoming data with respect to its beliefs, and then catagorise it as either true or false, then it creates beliefs around those things identified as truth. The truth is all around us - turn on the TV, they will tell you what the truth is, the JW's will knock on your door and deliver the truth without you leaving home. The problem is that two people who have the truth rarely agree - this leads to conflicts.

With right brain thinking, things dont need to be true or false, they just are. "Pigs might fly" is just another piece of knowledge, whether or not we think pigs can or cant fly isnt important. Becuase there isnt any truth, there is no need to believe any of the knowledge, rather there is a need to derive meanings from it, and further to understand it.

Left brain thinking;

Truth > Belief > Intolerance > Conflict > Violence > Death

Right Brain thinking;

Knowledge > Meaning > Understanding > Tolerance > Peace > Life

If you are able to discard your beliefs, throw away the truth - then you will begin to accept whatever comes your way and see it as knowledge, from which understanding can be derived.

Looking back we see a wonderful analogy found in the bible of separating the chaff from the wheat (I am agnostic btw - not religious - this is not a sermon!). IF youre not familiar with the process it, is simply this, the wheat grains and the straw and husks and so forth are placed into a large flat pan - and the contents are thrown up into the air, and the wind blows away the lighter chaff - allowing the wheat to be separated.

So to separate the valuable kernals of wheat from the worthless chaff - the parable endorses us to THROW THEM ALL AWAY! The valuable wheat will return to us, and that which is worthless will blow away.

TO keep a clean mind we should daily look for truth and belief in our minds and never be affraid to discard it - no matter how cherished a belief - the more that we discard it, the more wheat returns to us. If we are happy to discard al those beliefs, then the golden kernals of wheat will return to us - the wheat represents knowledge, which when planted creates more wheat (understanding).

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If you think spirituality is interesting...
check this,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

I must say that in my 2+ years as a member here no single post has so profoundly affected me as yours. There are not enough stars in the galaxy to reward you for your wisdom.

Thanks, from both halves of my brain and my entire heart.

Regards...KK

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Wow.

Just wow.

That is amazing - I really think she is getting close to one of the fundamental, if not the fundamental mystery of the Universe - the relation of consciousness to matter.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I dont like this. Its somewhat missinformed information regarding the brain and its relationship to spirituality based on "known" science = total BS to me. I see people eating this up because its based in science but she is using terms about spirituality that have nothing in to do with the relationships she has assigned to it regarding the brain. Here is an example. "I'am an energy being, connected to the consciences of my brain" That is totall crap, our brain is not the source of consciousness. Consciencess is everything that make up the whole you, the brain is one organ in your body. The problem with this is that people start to forget to listen to themselves.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
youre stupid, what really happened was she had a stroke which restricted oxygen from going into her left brain causing her left brain to shut down, leaving her right brain, the art and observation side, to dominate, she was slowly dying so the pineal gland reacted by releasing '___' throughout the body immitating a NearDeathExperience, the hemmorhage caused the clot which caused the stroke, she thought she went to another world but in reality she was having a naturally enduced drug trip with a lack of certain consiouss functions. shes being paranoid

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by unclekrabz

Thank you for your summary of someone elses experience Dr. UnkleCrabz.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join