It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia, China On Comradely Terms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Russia, China On Comradely Terms

www.atimes.com

The resumption of Russia-NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) dialogue has gone awry. And the nascent hopes regarding a "reset of the button" of the Russian-American relationship are belied. With Moscow under multiple pressures from the West, two top Chinese officials have arrived in the Russian capital to offer support - Defense Minister Liang Guanglie and Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi.

Moscow angrily reacted to NATO's expulsion of two Russian diplomats on Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
MUST READ! - ARTICLE WITH LOTS OF INTERESTING INFO LEAKING OUT...

- When Russian troops are moving towards Georgia - NATO drills are taking place. Kreml is filling with SCO members...

"Chinese officials have arrived in the Russian capital to offer support!"

- Sounds like "hunt of the red october" in my ears... Really. Where are we heading, and fast?

"Meeting of the European Union (EU) in Prague this coming Thursday, which is expected to take a view on the two rival pipeline projects that aim to transport Caspian and Central Asian gas to Europe - South Stream, sponsored by Russia, and Nabucco, supported by the US."

- "Oil, not again!"

"Both Russia and China will take note that US regional policy cuts into their core interests. Russia's state television, Rossiya, showed a documentary last week accusing the US of using its air base in Manas, Kyrgyzstan, for running intelligence operations."

- China and Russia sees USA more like an aggressive enemy...

"While receiving the SCO defense ministers who gathered in Moscow this week, Medvedev said, "Overall, the region in which the SCO operates is a complex one, and so we have to take into account the reality that surrounds us, and the need for our countries to jointly coordinate efforts on a wide range of issues, including security and the defense capability of our countries on a collective basis."

- So, there is not only China, but whole SCO meeting in Moscow next week... Same time when "AIPAC Festivals" are in Washingon! - "Do you see what I see?"

"Russia and China separately agreed on an intensified program of bilateral military cooperation that includes as many as 25 joint maneuvers in 2009 in a demonstration of the strengthening of strategic ties."

- 25 drills this year, plus SCO joint drills - so dont count China and Russia separately anymore...

- SCO is very silent but active player in World Politics, but we can assume that Iran will be also in their table - so lets look what AIPAC says - and SCO maybe says before friday... Huh, huh!

Two headed eagle has spoken.

www.atimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Im not generally excited by the prospect of a joint union between the two powers.

I hope mother earth keeps blessing us or else I could see a bad scenario of a few dogs fighting over scraps in the future.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
JanusFIN,Yes I know, you should watch the video!!

[edit on 3-5-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

- Sounds like "hunt of the red october" in my ears... Really. Where are we heading, and fast?

That's "hunt FOR red october"... but I believe you're actually thinking of Red Storm Rising.

Red October was a naval story.

Red Storm Rising dealt with decaying relations with NATO, Russia gearing up the old military machine, and terrorism.

... see why it sounds more familiar?

Either way, it's a good read, you should pick the book up.

But no, I seriously doubt the fears of a paranoid anti-soviet novelist are about to come true.
Russia and China are likely discussing trade deals and technology sharing. Something most other nations do without anyone thinking anything of it.

NATO is picking the wrong side here.
They've sided with a country who shells its own people.
... morale is against them.

Plus... I seriously doubt NATO could mobilize in time to stop Russia if they felt like rolling over the EU one morning.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The US are making moves to join the club now . This'll make the right wing commie haters eyes water :

Clinton looks for "new level" of Russia ties

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Thursday mildly rebuked Moscow over its role in Georgia but said she wants U.S.-Russia relations to rise to a "new level" and would not dwell on differences.

At a news conference with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, Clinton sought to minimize tensions over Georgia and Russia's strong opposition to NATO military exercises there this week, saying "people in families disagree."

"It is old thinking to say that we have a disagreement in one area, therefore we shouldn't work in something else that is of overwhelming importance, she said.

"That is just not the way we think," she added. "We want to normalize the relationship and raise it to a new level."

Russia briefly invaded Georgia last summer and tensions flared again this week when Georgia accused Russia of being behind a failed mutiny at a military base.

Clinton said the two discussed Georgia in their meeting, which is aimed at laying the groundwork for a July summit between President Barack Obama and President Dmitry Medvedev. Lavrov was also set to see Obama on Thursday.

"We have expressed on several occasions our concern about Georgia," said Clinton. "I believe that Minister Lavrov as well as the Russian government recognize that stability and a peaceful resolution to the tensions in Georgia is in everyone's interest."

'NOT TURNING A BLIND EYE'

Lavrov said the two nations had obvious differences over Georgia but progress in key areas such as arms control would not be held hostage by such disagreements.

"We are not turning a blind eye to the difficulties that exist ... but we must openly and sincerely discuss those differences and seek to find solutions," he said.

"We need to get rid of any negative heritage from the past," he added through an interpreter.

U.S.-Russia relations deteriorated under the Bush administration, sinking to post-Cold War lows after Moscow's invasion of Georgian territory and differences over a missile defense system planned by Washington.

Arms control is one area where both sides say they can make progress, especially in replacing a Cold War-era arms reduction treaty, called START 1, that expires in December.

Clinton said negotiators had met again this week and were making progress. Formal talks are set to start in Moscow on May 18, with the goal of having the outlines of a deal when Obama meets Russia's leader in July.

Another issue is increased bickering between Moscow and NATO following the expulsion last week of two Brussels-based Russian diplomats from the military alliance.

Lavrov responded by dropping plans to attend a meeting of the NATO-Russia Council this month, but said on Thursday he hoped the council could soon resume its work.

"We hope that in the very near future, any obstacles in the resumption of the work, of the NATO-Russia Council -- such obstacles are absolutely artificial -- we hope that they will be removed very soon," he said.

news.yahoo.com...

Not that you can believe for a moment the US is sincere . It is like a snake , slithering to the right .. slithering to the left in it's attempt to reach the same nefarious intentions . And that forked tongue of course.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
** Double Post **

Edit

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Drexl]

new topics

top topics

join