It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

W.H.O. Issues Dire Flu-HIV Warning

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
found this on Turner Radio Network......Very scary:

W.H.O. ISSUES DIRE FLU-HIV WARNING

eneva, Switzerland -- The World Health Organization has issued a dire warning to health professionals worldwide alerting them to the possibility the new flu virus could combine with HIV resulting in air-spreadable AIDS!!!

Individuals infected with HIV are already at risk of contracting the new, highly contagious flu because their immune systems are compromised by HIV.

Difference between viruses and bacteria

The main difference between viruses and bacteria is that viruses - such as the flu - are packets of genetic material and cannot survive on their own, while bacteria are single-celled organisms that can.

Bacteria take in nutrients, expel waste, grow, and reproduce (multiply). Viruses need a host cell (a bacterial, plant, human or animal cell) in order to reproduce. When viruses (like flu) reproduce, they often encounter other viruses inside a host cell. When this happens, the two viruses in the same cell can mix their genetic material. This process is called "re-association" or re-combining; it's how new strains of viruses are formed and how viruses adapt and remain virulent. This recombination is quite common and is why Flu vaccines must be changed every year.

If the new flu mixes with HIV

Flu has been around for a long time. Most of us have been exposed at one time or another to one or more strains of flu thus most of us - even folks with HIV - can usually fight-off prior versions of flu.

The danger, says the WHO, is that none of us have ever encountered this new strain of flu because it has never appeared before.

Additional source: HIV patients at higher risk from flu, WHO says

[edit on 3-5-2009 by rattan1]

Mod Edit: All Caps Removed from Title.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I wouldn't get to excited about it recombining with AIDS as lots of flu virus have encountered HIV and not combined for "air-born" HIV.

I would be more concerned about transgenic viral research creating and unleashing this hybrid, along with a H5N1 variant.

It's not recombination we should fear, rather the transgenic biotechnology that CAN create these lab viruses.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Really? Got a link to the WHO site about this, because all I've found has been documents about what could be done with people that are HIV+ and they contract H1N1.

www.who.int...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Ruh Roh.
This doesnt sound good Johny.
NOT GOOD AT ALL.

so all that HIV needed to spread to people without sexual contact was an airborne virus? Kind of crazy

Edit- If I am way off, help me understand. Thanks

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Common Good]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

Hal Turner is very scary. Hopefully he never breeds with another human being.

Since he never cites his sources and never give credit to anyone else, I am sure he could have pulled this one out of his butt (or whatdoesitmean.com).

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Source: Reuters * HIV patients at high risk from flu, need antivirals most * WHO fears complications if HIV and H1N1 viruses combine

Its at the very top of the source the OP posted..this is a very scary development, not because I believe it. I think they are FOS! But because this is what they are going to do to keep the fear mongering going???

This is a pretty low move if you ask me, and opens the door to a whole pandoras box of outcomes.

EDIT - sorry, the news link is NOT W.H.O., but from Routers, and they totaly misrepresent the article that WHO put out. Its simply states that HIV patients are at increased risk from the A/H1N1 PDF

[edit on 5/3/2009 by toepick]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
1. AIDS cannot be spreadable by air because it's a syndrome and not a virus. HIV would be the one that could be transmitted, if what you're saying is true.

2. I can't find anything either such as a "dire warning" regarding this on the WHO website except the article already linked warning about maybe more susceptibility in people who do have HIV to get H1N1. This makes sense because they often have weaker immune systems.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I take back what I said, I'm not sure why Routers came up with that..the document that WHO put out is nothing but a warning to health care providers that HIV patients could be at risk from the H1N1...like, no duh lol

PDFPDF

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Ok, your OP may of been wrong.

But i'm very curious now, i've done some skim researching and know now that HIV and Influenza have alot of the same characteristic, and high mutation rates.

Question is, could HIV ever combine with it to become airborne? I've looked endlessly and can't find anything, while sifting through the bird sht and pig sht of the google!

Kindof like if you tried to look for wolverine, and you have to look hard for the animal but the comics are everywhere!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This has shades of Scorcha Faal, so i went there and found this little dilly:

Unprecedented “Tidal Wave Of Death” Set To Overtake World, Warns Russia

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

Yeah, funny.

This thread needs be retitled as a hoax.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I wouldn't get to excited about it recombining with AIDS as lots of flu virus have encountered HIV and not combined for "air-born" HIV.

I am actually at the point where I have started to believe that anything is possible. After all scientist can't explain everything.....who could have predicted the Swine flue. The probability of Swine flue mixing with HIV may be dim but not impossible.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

LoL good find Plucky...Scorcha Faall nuff said.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rattan1
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I am actually at the point where I have started to believe that anything is possible. After all scientist can't explain everything.....who could have predicted the Swine flue. The probability of Swine flue mixing with HIV may be dim but not impossible.

Well..not naturally, but who knows what they might decide to try in the lab.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
First things first. A mask won't do anyone good unless you are contaminated. The virus is spread by sputum. If you are not infected, a mask doesn't do you any good. If you are a carrier, then it will help. Basically it comes down to snot and spit. Don't be paranoid, just trust in your immune system, take your vitamins, eat right, and be a healthy person in general.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Who could have predicted the swine flu?

Donald Rumsfeld.

1976 Swine Flu = Donald Rumsfeld.

2009 Swine Flu = Donald Rumsfeld.

Tamiflu sales are sure going up and up.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Ruh Roh.
This doesnt sound good Johny.
NOT GOOD AT ALL.

so all that HIV needed to spread to people without sexual contact was an airborne virus? Kind of crazy

Edit- If I am way off, help me understand. Thanks

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Common Good] [/quote

If you just read what Turner Radio said, then you're not off.

But, if you read what WHO actually said,Turner Radio is way off

At least the way I'm reading it. There's never any indication that HIV has combined with any other flu virus over the years. I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV, but I think the viruses have to be closer related to combine.

www.alertnet.org...

HIV patients at higher risk from flu, WHO says GENEVA,
May 2 (Reuters) - People with HIV are at high risk from the new flu strain that the World Health Organisation said is on the verge of a pandemic, the WHO said on Saturday.

The United Nations agency said people with immunodeficiency diseases -- including the AIDS virus -- will most likely be vulnerable to health complications from the H1N1 strain, as they are from regular seasonal flu, which kills between 250,000 and 500,000 people a year

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Of course...and this mixture can also cause bird flue, caries and it is related to global warming, SARS and right-wing terrorism. And it smells bad. And if you don't get vaccine, you will be shot, killed and put to jail for 350 years. And you will have to pay a fine.

There.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Reuters is an impeccable source. Linked from the OP:

HIV and the new flu strain could also mix together in a dangerous way, as has occurred with HIV and tuberculosis, the WHO said in guidance for health workers on its website.

HIV patients at higher risk from flu, WHO says
www.alertnet.org...

02 May 2009 11:53:21 GMT
Source: Reuters

The WHO probably changed its text and warnings, just like they changed the name from H1N1 swine flu to plain ol' H1N1.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I was just about to post that external quote.......so HIV has combined with tuberculosis....I am not very up to date on the issue and its the first time I heard that HIV has combined with tuberculosis.......That said it is not impossible for it to combine with Swine Flu, remember this is a new strain and we don't know how the Flu will react in an HIV+ person....

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rattan1
found this on Turner Radio Network......Very scary:

W.H.O. ISSUES DIRE FLU-HIV WARNING

eneva, Switzerland -- The World Health Organization has issued a dire warning to health professionals worldwide alerting them to the possibility the new flu virus could combine with HIV resulting in air-spreadable AIDS!!!

Individuals infected with HIV are already at risk of contracting the new, highly contagious flu because their immune systems are compromised by HIV.

Difference between viruses and bacteria

The main difference between viruses and bacteria is that viruses - such as the flu - are packets of genetic material and cannot survive on their own, while bacteria are single-celled organisms that can.

Bacteria take in nutrients, expel waste, grow, and reproduce (multiply). Viruses need a host cell (a bacterial, plant, human or animal cell) in order to reproduce. When viruses (like flu) reproduce, they often encounter other viruses inside a host cell. When this happens, the two viruses in the same cell can mix their genetic material. This process is called "re-association" or re-combining; it's how new strains of viruses are formed and how viruses adapt and remain virulent. This recombination is quite common and is why Flu vaccines must be changed every year.

If the new flu mixes with HIV

Flu has been around for a long time. Most of us have been exposed at one time or another to one or more strains of flu thus most of us - even folks with HIV - can usually fight-off prior versions of flu.

The danger, says the WHO, is that none of us have ever encountered this new strain of flu because it has never appeared before.

Additional source: HIV patients at higher risk from flu, WHO says

[edit on 3-5-2009 by rattan1]

Mod Edit: All Caps Removed from Title.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by worldwatcher]

It's worth noting that if your concerned about HIV-AIDs that you should watch the documentary I discuss in my thread HIV-AIDS We've been lied to.

A documentary is featured in the thread, well worth the watch.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join