It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are they tracking every American household by GPS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Logan

this is a new one. they aren't really supposed to be asking questions yet because the real census hasn't started. that's the first time i've heard of them asking personal questions. how many live there is a personal question in my book.

FEMA camp head count is plausible in my present state of mine. It make more sense in terms of gearing it to physical location.

there's big time blog chatter (I'm attempting to sound like an intelligence analyst) about a FEMA exercise scheduled for this summer. Also that the gov expects the economy to fully melt down in July resulting in rioting that happily FEMA will be there to qwell. Would be handy to know how many people live where. if the order is given for everybody to return "home" they will immediately know if too many people are in a house. they would know that possible fugitives ae being harbored.

anybody else get asked questions like that?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

Like I said in my other post, I thought it was really weird they stoped by so late, and she acted like it was life or death that she got this information.

I got the impression, they are in a hurry for something. What, I don't know. But, it made me think of Fema camps. It was the first thing that came to my mind.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hashishian
I have also been looking for some good sources on this..
if anyone has some video or interaction please post it here...

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Hashishian]

Sorry if I misunderstood your question, but are you looking for something like this? I hope this works.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I noticed a guy writing stuff down infront of every house when I was coming home from school. He was in my driveway when I got to my house. He didn't say a word to me, I didn't say a word to him.

I figured he was with a cable company, something like that.

I didn't know they were with the US Census. Weird.

And this whole "It's so we can match maps to addresses" thing. That's a lie.

If you want proof, go on google maps, google your address. You can probably even see your front door!

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Miraj]

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Miraj]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnny_Sokko

this is excellent! if i'm understanding this correctly, the pre-census taker who took your coodinates was unhappy because you filmed him? that takes a lot of nerve. he invaded your privacy by taking your coordinates! it is outrageous.

chances are the people doing the coordinates have no idea why they are doing it. they are just "following orders". still, it's very odd that he was so indignant.

good work!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
After reading this post I did a little net research .

found this article from 2006

www.npr.org...

All Things Considered, July 31, 2006 · Two-and-a-half years from now, in early 2009, the Census Bureau plans to send an army of 100,000 temporary workers down every street and dusty, dirt road in America. They will be armed with handheld GPS devices. Robert LaMacchia, head of the Census Bureau's geography division, says they'll capture the latitude and longitude of the front door of every house, apartment and improvised shelter they find. "We will actually knock on doors and look for hidden housing units," he says. "We will find converted garages; from the outside, it may not look like anybody lives there." But census workers will add each dwelling, legal or not, to the Census Bureau's Master Address File.

The GPS has been in the works for a while I am surprised this is the first I or others have caught wind of it .

Personally I DO NOT LIKE IT . I think there is more sinister reasons behind it than just what the few articles I have read stated . We are sliding down a slippery slope right now it wont be long till we crash on the bottom . We need to stop this politicians leap to fulfill Orwells nightmare vision of 1984 .

Look out folks here we come 1984 is next stop fasten your seat belts its gona be a rough ride !

Good luck to all the ATS ers out there we gona need it

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lostinthedarkness

that's pretty darned disappointing that we can't call this an obama plot. but like you I don't like it one bit. way too personal for my taste. plus it makes no real sense. why do they need this? especially since people might ell have moved by 2010.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

They never said anything to me about GPS.

She asked if it was a single or a family household.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well I must correct myself here the GPS involved with the census goes back 2004

209.85.173.132...:Fn9ZC-EuGAgJ:unstats.un.org/unsd/demographic/meetings/egm/CensusEGM04/docs/AC98_14.pdf+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us& client=firefox-a

The page was PDF or convert to html this is the html version of the link.

It still sounds benign . I am sorry I just dont buy it .

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I don't know but I had a young lady show up at my door flashing Census ID two days ago. I turned her away, thinking..isn't it for 2010?

I declined to participate last time too; the guy practically knocked my door down.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

I am soooooo sorry, but I did forget to mention that I did NOT film this video and cannot take credit for it. However, if you have questions, feel free to go to YouTube and contact the owner of the vid. I'm sure he will answer any questions you may have.

Here is a direct link to his channel.

I never meant to give the impression that this was filmed by me. I should have flat out stated that. Please accept my apologies.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnny_Sokko

never mind. it's still a great find. very interesting addition to the discussion.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I posted in another thread, the census lady asked my neighbor personal questions , asked if he worked, how many kids, then asked who watched his kids while he was working! Why do they need that info!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by earlywatcher
reply to post by Darth Logan

this is a new one. they aren't really supposed to be asking questions yet because the real census hasn't started. that's the first time i've heard of them asking personal questions. how many live there is a personal question in my book.

okay, well trust me on this one... The US Census Bureau does send people out canvas for housing units, and to do GIS updates to the TIGER street database. For the Census, then generate their own enumerator maps from regional or field offices.

The US Census actually has more integrity than most govt agencies. The sensitivity of the collected data is protected under Title 13, US Code and
mostly of a statistical nature. People should have any worries about the Census, and they are by no stretch law enforcement affiliated.

Regards,

-map

[edit on 3-5-2009 by mapsurfer_]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

So I am confused....they would take coordinates of garages and barns and sheds, that kind of thing? I live in a rural area and haven't seen the census ppl, but if they wanted to do coordinates of every dwelling in the country...?> that's weird and makes no sense. I thought this was just for demographic information wtf does garages and other stuff have to do with it? What a lollerskate

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot
[]

To "track" something by GPS it has to be moving.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No you don't, for if you had to be moving, please explain the "Onstar" gps system in all newer vehicles when they call "you" citing that your vehicle gave them an emergency signal from the car's gps system after you just had an auto accident? If your vehilce is equipped with the "black" box, you have a gps system in it and do not have to be moving to be traced.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

You can't even get a building permit for a home until you tell the county building inspector how many people are in your home, their ages, how many work, how many bedrooms are going to be in the home, and will there be anyother people living in the dwelling besides the primary residents in the next 6 months. Then, after you get moved in, the county administrator and assessor comes out and asks the same questions and a few more like these, where do you work, how long have you worked there, your household income, how many firearms do you own, how many animals do you have, how many vehicles do you own, and just a whole bunch more I can't remember at this time!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkultraangel

So I am confused....they would take coordinates of garages and barns and sheds, that kind of thing? I live in a rural area and haven't seen the census ppl, but if they wanted to do coordinates of every dwelling in the country...?> that's weird and makes no sense. I thought this was just for demographic information wtf does garages and other stuff have to do with it? What a lollerskate

I think most it is GPS map spotting for dwellings to aid in canvassing neighborhoods. They also have a Housing division that does surveys, etc. but this sounds like pre-census work. I know they collect GPS street center line data, and I am pretty sure they map spot many structures.. mostly dwellings to aid the field workers to generate their mailing lists.

If you look at the Housing related data, you will see they do publish data for stuff like vacant units, median rent/mortgages, foreclosures, etc. and they have been doing it for like 30+ years.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
A possible means to get to the bottom of this:

Find someone who works for the census bureau, currently conducting this door to door GPS tracking, and have him or her explain this further.

Or, maybe try working for the census bureau yourself, to get a total inside scoop on this whole situation...I keep hearing on the radio from time to time that the census bureau needs more workers...

And then, post it here...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
You can already find this information on Google Earth, so it's not really "earth shattering" What they plan to do with the information however could be something else entirely.

I am honestly sick and tired of this c**p though. No rights to privacy anymore, no right to freedom of speech or peacebly assemble (unless you are on the govt's designated "free speech zone") and apparently, withing 100 miles of our borders, the constitution counts for c**p

Honestly I'm about ready to pack up and move to some far off island or go hide in some jungle in africa or south america, or live as a hermit high up in some mountain, see if the govt. will track me there (if they manage to survive the trek in the first place)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join