It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico plea as virus 'stabilises'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Ok, only problem is that Mexico is now very very concerned about how Mexicans are being treated abroad.
www.eluniversal.com.mx...
This is in spanish, sorry cant find a translated version, but their foreign relations secretary Patricia Espinosa is quoted. Its all about the economic impact on the country, how "unfair" it is that their export is decreasing and so on..nobody imports Mexican products..for some funny reason.
She is suprised for the "unjustified precausions" some countries has taken, among them China.
Well, sorry my english is not so god, but i do not believe for a moment that the situations has "stabilised"
This are government oficials, doing all they can from an ECONOMIC perspective, with economi in their interest only.

Would be god if any one could do a better translation or report on this, because this is what the Mex gov is going to go out loud with.

www.eluniversal.com.mx...
Link added.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by gusan]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Well now you know why mexican officials are under-reporting cases and deaths, and the recent claim that the virus has "tapered off". Just remember the government has nobody's best interest in mind but their own.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
They are lieing. The situation has not stabilized.
People aren't being tested and the numbers aren't being reported.
They have capped the news.
This is bunk.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Wait until when they start doing that with the USA. Then we are all in trouble. I hate to say it but I have a strange feeling this flu stuff is a way to finish off the economy. The worst part is that we are all going to fall for it.

You know what is even stranger? Who would profit the most if the US, Canada, and Mexico is shut off, and cant import or export and folks are dying due to starvation? China, Japan, Russia? Sit down ponder it in your head for a bit then start looking at where there are no cases being reported or very few cases?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The real news will come out when the nurses are dead to heal the sick.

This is the second line.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Over in Paris airport workers refuses to handle luggage from Mex and Spain.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
In the live WHO briefing today a questioner brought up the issue of the Mexican Health minister saying virus has peaked and is now on the decline and what did the WHO have to say about it....

The WHO spokesperson's rather cautionary (and interesting) response was to pointedly mention the 1918 pandemic and how it began mild, waned and "came back with a vengeance and killed 40 million people" . He said there is a "high possibility" the same will happen with this virus once the colder months come around and it would not be good to let ones guard down.

Every time I look at that guy's face he looks to me like someone who knows more than what he's saying, but that might just be me being paranoid

new topics

top topics

join