It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sitting on the fence about this flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I don't know about anybody else but I'm gona sit on the fence with this one!
I'm fed up of hearing about swine flu or what ever they are calling it now,
Some of the stuff going around is just pure nonsense and just plain speculation!

I do agree on the subject of "we are not being told everything" but that's about it.
At first i was sure this was the big one and started getting prepared but then when the MSM started saying that the virus is not as bad as they first thought i thought perhaps i'm worrying to much and need to chill out! But then something else would crop up and then turn it all around again!

The WHO need to get there act together and tell the people of the world the truth or if they dont know whats going on.....just tell us!
I'm hoping there are people out there who feel the same way as me and would like to add to this thread...No more doom and gloom please,just truthful answers is the way ahead

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Forgot to mention.........I do know that people have died from this virus and that people are ill and wish them fast recovery and my condolences go out the family's who have lost loved ones.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
this flu was mostly overblown nonsense ....probably also served as a nice test to see how the public could get worked up....here may be why

the gov't is sorta concerned about the blowback from angy citizens watching their economy going up in smoke

they are doing a "full court press" to get the remaining sheep to believe in a second half recovery and that things are turning around" .......this is nonsense......"hope" and just wishful thinking......anyhow they know there propoganda is only forbearance.....(but the sheep dont or don't wanna believe this!) now continuing along this thought

.........they could take the eventual blame off themselves........by allowing some sort of Epidemic to get a bit out of hand and weaken the economy (because undestand the economy is going down again either way) but the epidemic could serve as a deflection mechanism for the blame and citizen's anger....(under the lie that a second half recovery would have been occuring were it not for......whatever epidemic ).......if i were a sociopath looking out for my own skin ......this would be given Serious thought.....i could probably even DELUDE myself into thinking that is was good for the sheep....because hey should the economy collapse (and the public believe it was due to gov't -financial negligence then there would be civil unrest ...violence and possbly even MORE DEATH.....compared with the way people come together after a "natural crisis.....

[edit on 2-5-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well said

There are a lot of coincidences i do agree but seeing the media act like its the end of the world one minute and then hardly mentioning it the next!
It just gets me so worked up

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This is going to be tough... flu. Which means that it is going to be much more problematic then usual, yearly, flu. But less problematic then say, black plague. So check what 1918's flu was all about and consider it as an extreme version of what could happen now, taking into consideration both much better health care and much easier spread of the virus due to global village stuff.
Personally i would summarize - no need to panic, need to take into consideration though and prepare.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
To be honest i have not looked into the Spanish flu of 1918 yet because i have a feeling I'm gona find something that scares me lol.
For example....many similarities with this new strain

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Surely even a half brained idiot can see we are being lied to and manipulated.

I am P Oed and damned angry to put it nicely.

Who do we believe? Is there anyone we can trust?

I want the truth and am ready to go after it. This is the straw that broke my camels back.

We have turned into a nation of whining sheep. It is disgusting.

We have no idea what is really going on.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Surely even a half brained idiot can see we are being lied to and manipulated.

I am P Oed and damned angry to put it nicely.

Who do we believe? Is there anyone we can trust?

I want the truth and am ready to go after it. This is the straw that broke my camels back.

We have turned into a nation of whining sheep. It is disgusting.

We have no idea what is really going on.

I like this!

You have posted what i should have posted!
Star for you my friend

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Now im even more ggggggrrrrr!
Just watched the BBC news and seen the interview with the Mexican health minister saying that the virus has been in Mexico longor than thought so the infection is far more worse than they thought.....then u have obama saying dont worry folks we will be ok because the strain we have in the USA is not as bad as what is in Mexico!
WTF!
What planet is this guy from?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I agree that this event has been blown way out of proportion and I also think that we are not being told everything.

Where does this lead us to? I am not sure. I think overall it is just a distraction to get our minds off of the real events unfolding around us.

I was on the fence, but now I think there is nothing to worry about. It's like any other flu, it seems. Lots of people are getting sick and a few have died.

I'm just going to enjoy the rest of my vacation here in the states and go about my business. If I catch the flu, so be it.

I only hope that I don't get any extra "gaijin" treatment from the Japanese officials when I return.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well....lets see...first we were all supposed to die from west nile....then there was valley fever....and of course the bird flu...ah, yes, and lets not forget west nile virus! Every couple years there is some massive new virus that the media uses to instill fright in the public, and to push us all to supporting our vaccine industry, while according to the CDC the flu vaccines only provide between 8-16% protection, and those vaccines were only originally intended for infants, the elderly, and the immuno-compromised.
Keep in mind folks, the best protections from viruses are maintaining your immune system through vitamins, plenty rest, diets of clean meats and veggies (not processed garbage), and proper hygiene. According to our pentagons biosurveillance group, only one fatality from the 1014 infections (per last week) was definitely attributable to the swine flu.
Lets keep perspective here folks, annually the flu kills under 1000 people, while nsaids (tylenol, aspirin, etc) kill 7600, all illicit narcotics combined kill 17000, alcohol kills 32000, prescription drugs as prescribed kill 100000, and smoking kills 450000. Dont get alarmed by fearmongers, wait until serious mortality rates begin showing up before you allow yourselves to get worked up by something that kills less people than tylenol, especially considering that auto accidents kill many more than that, and yet we dont feel fear when we get behind the wheel each day.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
So much confushion going on at the moment i dont know what to think!
The media have not mentioned the US much and how it is over there so i can only guess that it is getting worse.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think the vasy majority of us are pi$$ed off with it all, there are so many contradictory bits of news coming out its bloody exhausting trying to make any sense of this. I've stopped sitting here glued to ATS news 10 hours a day now but am still checking regularly each day to keep abreast of things & I'm still going to continue prepping as there is always the chance of this mutating/getting worse later in the year and I think to just ignore that possibility would be stupid.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I am on the fence right along with the rest of you. My concern is not so much with this flu but with restrictions our government might impose using the flu as an excuse. I don't trust them and feel they are up to something.

I think it was on HLN the other day something about public panic was mentioned. I just caught a bit of it but in defense the reporter said in emergency situations the American public steps up and does the right thing like 9-11. Subject dropped nothing more said.

It goes without saying there will be anger and unrest if all the "stimulating" of our economy only serves to pad the pockets of a few no doubt people will be PO. Seems like this is all coming down the pike faster than they realized. No more propping it all up their dirty little secrets are going to come out and that's when the real SHTF for them. They aren't about to let us see their hand until it's played. Believe me public panic/anger is #1 on their list for the first time in a really long time. I don't think they know what to do they're running scared and looking like fools.

What got me was when I read the guidelines for preparedness planning for my state. www.cdphe.state.co.us...
Under the assumptions section it says

The following assumptions are provided as a basis for planning for social distancing in the event of a pandemic. These assumptions are specific to influenza pandemic and are not universal to all emergencies.
• Officials and experts do not know how long a pandemic could last. Communities may be affected in waves that last between six and eight weeks that may continue for up to 18 months.
• State and federal laws may be modified, suspended or enacted in response to a pandemic.
• Health care resources will likely be stretched beyond capacity.
• Up to 40% of your workforce may be absent at one time.
• Social and economic disruption is likely.
• If infected, people may be ill for approximately two weeks.
• Susceptibility to the outbreak is universal.

They've already got all our money so they really don't need us going to work and paying taxes. Right now they just need us staying put and being quiet. Health care "stretched beyond capacity" will entail lining up in the street to get a shot maybe they could use cattle chutes to keep us in line. No I don't see this as a road to socialized medicine I see it as a way of downgrading health care for the general public "sorry there's just too many of you for quality care."

What worries me is if this flu is of their doing it could very easily get out of their control. On the other hand if this flu is mild seems they are making much ado about nothing so we must ask to what end? Some are suggesting martial law but the above document is about "social distancing" during a pandemic not martial law. It will depend how well the public complies with preparedness plans. If we resist then we may be looking at the big ML but remember they know what's best

If we reach full blown pandemic WHO level 6 it is suggested states put preparedness plans into effect. Now whether this flu is really bad enough to justify such drastic measures will remain to be seen. The above states these restrictions could go on for up to 18 months due to waves.

No I don't like this one bit. Before they start in with their plans, guidelines & restrictions I want full disclosure but instead it seems their answer is to just offer up a pill or shot. Well they can ram that down their own throat or stick it in their @$% which ever is appropriate.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think im about to fall of the fence people!....looking at the latest devolpments its not looking good!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I think this is a bunch of media induced crap. This thing they got on the news 24/7 us going to wipe us all out is it? I've yet to see any stories about Top-Notch scientist at the WHO working over time to find a cure for this thing that might destroy mankind, Maybe I missed it on the news. This is right up their with asteroids, a hole in the o-zone and the Russian nuclear threat, give the people something to worry about. Don't worry, the government can solve whatever it creates.

new topics

top topics

join