It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo spotted and filmed over the wolds in uk 1st may 09

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
ufo spotted and filmed over the wolds in uk 1st may 09

Just came across this on Ytube,and I have to say that the object in the video really has me stumped.I am not sure if it is a star or planet as is seems to have at least two light sources.This really should be watched in full screen and high quality,also pause when the objcet is zoomed in. Very interseting vid, what do you guys think.
He does have other ufo stuff on his page,but does not mean that it is fake.
I would usally say just a scintillating star but after freezing the frames a few times appears to have two orb type points to it,could just be an artifact of the camera I guess.Weird

[edit on 2-5-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I have been watching it again and still looks interesting,and does seem to have two parts to it.I guess that could be an effect of the zoom on a bright object and lets face it that is more probable than a spacecraft from another planet.However click on the link and watch it in HQ full screen to see what you think. www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Indeed a descent video, i cant see it being a balloon or some aircraft or a flock of birds or Elvis flying from Vegas to London.

Very cool and interesting .

Dont be surprised about no one commenting, most are so hypnotized with the PIG FLUE that its impossible to even initiate a conversation without it being mentioned.
But then again that was our original plan ....

[edit on 2-5-2009 by tristar]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Indeed a descent video, i cant see it being a balloon or some aircraft or a flock of birds or Elvis flying from Vegas to London.

Very cool and interesting .

[edit on 2-5-2009 by tristar]

Thanks,pls don't forget to flag and star.

And it looks like you have.

Perhaps my friend Phage would like to give his opinion on it.I would be interested on what he would have to say and maybe be able to debunk this for me conclusively.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Could it be a phenomenon known as a sundog.When a bright object such as the sun or maybe full moon can cause this type of effect when filmed.Just on a smaller scale giving the illusion of two or more seperate objects close togetrher

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Nice find, looks like a dumbell type ufo orb to be honest. The dumbell type is becoming seen far more frequently these days.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Another good video Tarifa S+F.
Like you say it could be a sundog but it looks pretty defined in the vid, well as defined as a UFO vid gets. If it was the Lincolnshire Wolds (south of the river Humber) then it is in the vicinity of the wind turbine incident. However some people to refer to the area north of the river Humber as the Yorkshire wolds.

It twinkles like a star but seems clearer than a star somehow, the guy also sounds as though he is seeing teo seperate lights. Don't know what to say other than thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
For me it looks like the lens objective of the camera have some aberations, coma or other kind of aberation, optical aberrations, or maybe due to internal iris mechanism of the camera, which make points of light to appear distorted.

As an example, look the following video, taken with my high definition camera Panasonic HD SD5. Don't look the rhombus shape, when the camera is defocused, but look after 0:36 or so, when camera is focused to infinite, when it appears 3 points of light binded together.

I filmed Sirius, the brightest star on the sky.

And here is a frame, extracted from movie, to understand what i mean:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0929a336eeb.jpg[/atsimg]

Now, we all know that Sirius is a bright point of light, yet my camera "manages" to make it appear as 3 points of light!

I think, in this case, we look same kind of effect, exactly not the reality, but what the camera of the witness manages to record.

And my guess, just my guess, that the movie is recorded before dawn, when Venus is still on the sky. Or maybe is another bright star.

Definettly, it look for me as a camera effect.

[edit on 2/5/09 by depthoffield]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hi guys, i was surprised to see this footage here. I only sent it to billy booth of ufo casebook last night. I filmed the object on the 29th of april. The time was 9.05pm the camera i used was a sonyVX2100 I filmed it for 4mins approx. And sent 53 seconds to billy as i value his opinion. I am not here after praise, just here to put the record straight about the sighting. It appeared without warning, no sound or flashing lights. Understand i have been watching and filming these objects now for a few years. I am not sure if i am allowed to post a link to my web site so you will just have to find me. I realise everything has to be scrutinised and questioned. This bit of footage is no exception. I have no idea where it is extraterrestrial or not. I no its not a plane or a helicopter and they seem to have the ability to appear from nowhere in the blink of an eye. My personal opinion is these objects are somehow breaking through. It is as if they don't even look real in the sky around them.
Regards Paul Ilf

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
My major concern was why the video was so short. Cuts off with the object still visible so all we have is a mostly staionary object, which is little more than a light. Nothing special i'm afraid and i'm sure people will be able to give many possibilities.

Personally i'm going for a sky lantern, maybe a few tied together who knows.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pauly

Hi,
An interesting vid, do you have the rest of the footage you post post on the Media section of ATS? or maybe to keep its original format link it to here?

Did the object appear as points of light or dumbell to you guys? or one point of light?

Which way are you facing, the hill in the backround what is its name?, and what is the road you are on?

We have the time so can check if or not any points of light like sirius etc should be there...

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
If we are viewing towards the West there are three bright, reddish celestial objects visible at the purported location/time/date; all under 20 degrees from the horizon...

Planet Mercury, 293 degrees azimuth, magnitude 0.30
Star Aldebaran, 279 degrees azimuth, magnitude 0.85
Star Betelgeuse, 258 degrees azimuth, magnitude 0.45

I'd bet on Mercury since it is the brightest and lowest to the horizon thus taking the reddish hue of atmospheric distortion.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
S and F for you.

Nice quality video for a change. Its very intresting. I think its prob a planet of somesort. Would be intresting to know the the guy was seeing the two parts of the object or just one. I am a photographer and have noticed when taking photos of celestial object that sometimes they come out with extra parts and such. Specially if there bright or at night. Doesn't seem to show any sign of intelligent control.

Very nice vid none the less, keep searching though as I am sure we all will. Its a big place out there so we cant be alone for sure.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by depthoffield

In response to the video of Sirius:

wow isnt that a splash of cold water to the groin, nice work, this should be starred and flagged and everyone on ATS should see this, this illustrates how certain cameras deal with issues like focus, and stuff....this immediately debunks a bunch of UFO youtube videos I've seen...good work showing just what happens to regular objects under different circumstances....nice work!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 5/3/2009 by smokecrops]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Some good footage there, it has a nice glimmering effect from it i have no idea what is, star and flag and let's get the experts onto this...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by depthoffield

Thanks for making that video it does go someway to explaining it although not exactly the same.I have also seen this type of effect when I have tried to film stars however the video's object does seem to have quite a bit of definition that does not change throughout the film.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pauly
Hi guys, i was surprised to see this footage here. I only sent it to billy booth of ufo casebook last night. I filmed the object on the 29th of april. The time was 9.05pm the camera i used was a sonyVX2100 I filmed it for 4mins approx. And sent 53 seconds to billy as i value his opinion. I am not here after praise, just here to put the record straight about the sighting. It appeared without warning, no sound or flashing lights.

Thanks for your first hand view of this video,it would be really helpful if you could post the full video so we could have more to go on.

Last year I noticed a bright white light in the sky near some clouds and about 6 miles from my position.It was a sunny day and I stopped my car and watched it through my binoculars,it looked like a burning bright white object I then set up my camera on a tripod and tried to film it unfortunately it was gone before I could get it recorded.It was not unlike your film so that is why your video caught my attention.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I'VE SEEN THIS BEFORE, THIS EXACT LIGHT BEHAVIOUR. It was on youtube, about a specific set of lights in a forest that people had set up cameras for in the middle of the day. The lights appeared exactly as in this vid, like someone shining a laser directly at the camera from long distance.

... I MUST FIND IT AGAIN!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
FOUND IT!!!

It was the Paulding Light of Michigan.

Vid Description:

The Mysterious Lights over Michigan....

The real phenomenon....
The Paulding Light also known as "The Dog Meadow Lights" have been a mystery in Upper Michigan for over 40 years. To this day you can see them on almost any night! The ghost light moved towards the viewers and floating in mid air and it looks exactly as if someone was carrying a lantern.

There are some haunting legends for this phenomenon for example, some say one night around forty years ago, a railroad switchman while holding his lantern was crushed to death between two cars while trying to signal the engineer. Others say that an engineer was murdered along the old railroad grade that runs parallel to the road the light appears.

Another story tells about a man out late one night carrying a lantern looking for his lost little boy in the
woods. Supposedly, the man was hit by a train and his ghost continues to search for his son! Some people even have claimed to have seen the "GRIM REEPER" floating across the road near the light!!
Skeptics say it is nothing more then car lights in the distance or glacier gas. But no matter what it is, you are
still fascinated and spooked while viewing this blizzard..

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

Good find,that does look a bit like what I saw only mine was very high up in and out of the clouds .Where I live is a very flat part of Kent in the UK by the coast no mountains or even high hills to speak of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join