It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's in art debunked - video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

is there evidence of flying saucers in ancient art?
lets take a look.

This is from the website
sprezzatura.it...

ALSO MENTIONED
Ezekiel's Heavenly Throne Vision
video.google.com...
www.sitchiniswrong.com...
michaelsheiser.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

I don't know why you say "UFOs in art debunked".All those interpretations are is the same as skeptics.There is some images that are really nothing 'alien',but there are a lot that appear to be and can't be attributed to basic 'symbolistic interpretation'.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

I myself am skeptical about the UFOs in artwork theories that go around, but that one depiction of the Crucifixion by Visoki Decani from the 16th Century, is too strange to pass off as just an artistic interpretation of the sun and moon.

That's like if a painter decided he was going to paint the stars and clouds and painted them in the shape of airplanes with pilots, it just doesn't add up to me. I'm not going to jump to any conclusions or claim its aliens, but to me its still unexplained.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amenti
is there evidence of flying saucers in ancient art?
Flying saucers? No.

Strange things in the sky? Yes, but not in the paintings usually presented as "evidence", most (if not all) of the times these are just the symbolic representations used at the time.

As I said in other threads about this, if people want a video expert to see if a video is a hoax or not, why do they discard the opinion of the art experts in these cases?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Reply to Armap

Also like you said in the other thread,some of the paintings are very intriguing at the least and can't be discounted.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
well, do you have a particular one that needs to be explained? clearly these 4 can in fact be explained, easily.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Amenti]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
One thing I do know about art is that if there are several paintings that depict certain scenes, they are usually all derived from one common source and in order to dertermine the symbolism behind the art, you must find the original piece of art that was the inspiration for the others and then you look into that one to find the symbolism and you will begin to find your answers as to why things are depicted the way they are. I know this seems to be explained in the video, but I personally do not believe that any of these is the original piece of art, but this is just my opinion and only based on gut instinct and nothing more, but I could be mistaken.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

UFO 'battle' over Nuremberg, Germany in 1561
Date
April 4, Location
Nuremberg, Germany

Summary: At sunrise on the 14th April 1561, the citizens of Nuremberg beheld "A very frightful spectacle." The sky appeared to fill with cylindrical objects from which red, black, orange and blue white disks and globes emerged. Crosses and tubes resembling cannon barrels also appeared whereupon the objects promptly "began to fight one another." This event is depicted in a famous 16th century woodcut by Hans Glaser.

ufocasebook.com
ufoevidence.org

This is one of those cases I speak of......

[edit on 5/1/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I did another video, this time about egyptian art

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This does not debunk the ET/UFO hypothesis. The author in the video simply shows that other paintings exist where the objects are not depicted like flying craft with crew, but as angels etc. All this shows us that flying craft and crew are the same as the angels, and that is exactly what the ET/UFO hypothesis says - the angels of the bible are actually ET.

The explanation of the UFO craft as angels etc does not negate the ET/UFO hypothesis, but stregthen it. It shows that some of these 15-16th century painters were aware of symbolism for biblical angels that is clearly ET/UFO.

It makes you think just how much the Church knew of the ET/UFO phenomenon even a thousand years ago. Clearly some medivial people were aware of an ET connection to the bible.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
This does not debunk the ET/UFO hypothesis. The author in the video simply shows that other paintings exist where the objects are not depicted like flying craft with crew, but as angels etc. All this shows us that flying craft and crew are the same as the angels, and that is exactly what the ET/UFO hypothesis says - the angels of the bible are actually ET.

The explanation of the UFO craft as angels etc does not negate the ET/UFO hypothesis, but stregthen it. It shows that some of these 15-16th century painters were aware of symbolism for biblical angels that is clearly ET/UFO.

It makes you think just how much the Church knew of the ET/UFO phenomenon even a thousand years ago. Clearly some medivial people were aware of an ET connection to the bible.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Indigo_Child]

behold...religion.....thank you Lawrence Rockefeller

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
...if people want a video expert to see if a video is a hoax or not, why do they discard the opinion of the art experts in these cases?

For the same reason everybody from fundamentalist Christians to folks with wildly unorthodox, yet Bible-based, beliefs will discard the opinions of Biblical scholars. They don't want any kind of actual truth raining on their craziness parades.

top topics

join