It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com Traffic From April, 2007 to April, 2009

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'd like to say cheers for the hard work on the site, it's on my list of regular sites to visit when in the mood for news, politics and winding up the spooks...

I include ATS in my regular web viewing alongside such company as:

The Guardian, BBC, Channel 4 News, Reuters, The Financial Times, Indymedia, The Independent, John Pilger, The New York Times, New Scientist and a few other sources that will remain nameless.

When I've my tin foil hat on this is a good place to be, and the thing I like most of all is that you guys actually allow debate to take place, whether I agree with other users or not other's opinions are what democracy is all about.

I do have to say though where have the stars gone? It seems like there's a concerted effort from cross border intelligence services to shut down and control sites like this. (see have your say over at BBC being down for over a week due to an IT issue - they need new IT staff if this is true)

But thanks for the hard work I sincerely hope this is not the point in time where things change for the worse on the net.

In the words of others far more intelligent than me:
DISSENT and DEBATE ARE HEALTHY FOR DEMOCRACY!

Cheers.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This is great news, not only for you guys (owners) but for us - the community. It benefits us all. The more traffic this site gets, the more people can read some alternative discussions relating to an infinite amount of subjects. I am so sick and tired of the MSM. Do you know where I go to get breaking news stories - and news stories the 'MEDIA' ingores? Well, I come HERE!

I can't tell you how many times ATS had mainstream stories break here via local contacts before CNN or Fox news.

I have been reading this forum for years, and I like the direction it's headed. More investigative original content please. This place, and it's members put to shame so called 'journalists' out there.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Great news, one thing i also noticed was that when you typed ATS (just initials)into google it didnt come up on the first page but had a link at the bottom but now if you type in ATS (just initails) it's the second from top result.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Great!!! Next steps... would be to incorporate something like "CoolIris".

Oh, that was one line.

ATS has it all, from the sharp eyes, well tuned ears to the weird (need a shrink).

Congrats!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Yes, thats fantastic! Congrats also for an awesome bang up cool site!
There is such a wealth of knowledge on here, that alone is impressive!
The more people that have access to and enjoy it, the better of we will all be. You are the well-spring source of the awakening..... IMO

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Funny you dont show the polls for ethnicity..

you say the word "Unique" as if targeting an audience....
84 percent Caucasian
2 percent Asian
6 Percent Hispanic
6 Percent African American
2 Percent Other

Not to mention 67 PERCENT just pass by...

Maybe you guys should stop promoting ads. Start another website were you put YOUR money up. Keep it underground and keep it with TRUE integrity when spreading TRUTH. This whole website is a giant Dis info agent. Not to mention less than 35 percent of your audience are regulars.

Numbers are more powerful than words. There the universal language.

Edit to fix link

Abovetopsecret.com Quantcast

[edit on 7-5-2009 by som1else]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by som1else

In this context, "unique" means distinct users.

Maybe you guys should stop promoting ads.

The traffic you see in those charts is very expensive to deliver efficiently... especially for a 100% database-driven website such as ATS. We have a cluster of five high-end and expensive servers, as well as significant cost for a high-performance content delivery network, and monthly fees for two professional vendors (one for high-end IT work, the other for security).

Start another website were you put YOUR money up.

This is the site where MY money has been put up. The early years burned through several credit cards.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

So why so high number with Caucasian ethnicity? Does this website notice low level acceptance with other backgrounds?

No disrespect with full admiration but will a little bit of curiosity...

Why does this website traffic a VERY high number of Caucasian audience?

What are plans to improve other numbers with very low audience percentage?

I should start a thread and display what looks like discriminating numbers on the front page.

BTW So are we going to get another "Thank You", when you fellas get a big check and a "F you", when the media is not generating your fear?

Here's another one for your Terms and Conditions:
Race: You must be white
Login: Only around the next epidemic.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

In this context, "unique" means distinct users.

Maybe you guys should stop promoting ads.

The traffic you see in those charts is very expensive to deliver efficiently... especially for a 100% database-driven website such as ATS. We have a cluster of five high-end and expensive servers, as well as significant cost for a high-performance content delivery network, and monthly fees for two professional vendors (one for high-end IT work, the other for security).

Start another website were you put YOUR money up.

This is the site where MY money has been put up. The early years burned through several credit cards.

Withdrawn

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Let's see a graph to show how many times this website & the scripts it has are used to generate more hits. I wonder if Quantcast can tell us how fair & balanced their ratings are compared to Alexa, which sells page-ranks like they're tickets to a ball-game.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheExampleShow
Let's see a graph to show how many times this website & the scripts it has are used to generate more hits.

No such scripts are in operation. Never were, never will be.

And in any event, such a script would not register as unique/distinct users, it would register as fewer users with higher page-views.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

So why so high number with Caucasian ethnicity?

I have no idea as to the authenticity or accuracy of the third party demographic estimates performed by QuantCast... therefore, I can't comment on their numbers with any informed opinion.

However, as an Internet professional in the advertising world before leaving that to be with ATS full-time, I've seen several Internet demographic studies where heavy online use is significantly skewed with "whites." There may be several reasons, but the ethnicity break-out for ATS appears to be on-par with Internet averages:
ATS demographics
CNN.com demographics
MSNBC.com demographics

The data is all easily accessible so that you can avoid jumping to embarrassing incorrect conclusions.

BTW So are we going to get another "Thank You", when you fellas get a big check and a "F you", when the media is not generating your fear?

Why the angst?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
However, as an Internet professional in the advertising world before leaving that to be with ATS full-time, I've seen several Internet demographic studies where heavy online use is significantly skewed with "whites." There may be several reasons, but the ethnicity break-out for ATS appears to be on-par with Internet averages:
ATS demographics
CNN.com demographics
MSNBC.com demographics

Hello SkepticOverlord,

It is funny that you cite ATS in the same demographic list as MSNBC and CNN, two mainstream networks.

All the while, masquerading this site as an "alternative" to MSM and the news covered on those networks.

The clearest and most recent example was the extreme and overblown promotion (just like the MSM) of the alleged "Swine Flu" pandemic. Putting up a nice "red-alert" styled banner, with a nice "level-5" obviously encouraging the general membership to buy into that hoax.

You just opened up a new forum for "HOAXES". Why not fess-up; be the bigger person, and demonstrate your humility by moving all these SwineFlu MSM HOAX threads in their appropriate compartment?

I thought so.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/warn-topic.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I agree, it's easier to be witty and thus gain stars in fewer words, plus people hate reading long diatribes.

But it's a business and it's probably a little wasteful to post a smile or lol, as well as pointless. S & F solved the "I agree" deal pretty nicely. I've a few qualms but overall this is a good site and I'm glad people are taking the time to inform themselves.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Any chane of a reply to my question on the previous page SO, didn't see it covered elsewhere in the thread?...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vector J

The holidays (December - January) every year create a "dip"...

While I don't understand why, some people think it's better to spend time with their families and friends than stay on ATS!

Springer...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Makes me sad to see some of those previous posters.

@ Springer, Sceptic overlord and all you staff: Thank you for making ATS possible.

You should be proud of what you have accomplished so far, I for one are proud over what this site is and have become. It was done together by us, the ATS-members and staff.I am proud of having taken part so far and I look forward to take part in the furture.

Keep up the good work so far people!

-Zyk

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Zykloner]

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Zykloner]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join