It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com Traffic From April, 2007 to April, 2009

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm glad you guys didn't sell. I believe ATS would not be as big and as popular as it is today if you did. I don't believe the other owners would have put as half as much heart and interest into this site. They would not have done as well on the business side of things.

Now you are reaping your reward for sticking to this site. I hope you continue with this site for as long as possible. If any of you have to leave this site for what ever reason, I honestly hope you have an idea of who might be able to manage and run this site as well as you three do when the time comes.

Thanks guys

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Several dozen... with a huge number form the NY Times, LA Times, and Wired when they sourced us for articles.

Given our LLC structure, that's privileged information available only to members of the company. However, we can indicate we're slightly better than break-even.

Cool, good to see it growing and making some money, I always thought that if something like this was to devolop and grow, it had to make something for those rainy days.

good stuff.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I smell a conspiracy! You wouldn’t be shopping for buyout offers would you? God speed, and good job my friend.

Have you ever considered sharing the steps involved with bringing this forum from idea to the mainstream? A book would could be worth millions ya know.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Great job ATS! I just created my own account last year, but I've been reading stuff here since about 2004 when my husband joined.

I'm curious about Quantcast tho. Does anyone know how they get their demographics information?

60% Male
32% aged 35-49
70% have no kids
26% make over $100K/year
42% college educated

I guess they must get some personal info from our ISPs or something?

I've been wondering about that site for a while. One night a few months ago, 80% of the links my husband clicked in Google Chrome took him to the Quantcast statistics for the site that was linked, even his bookmarked sites like ATS and YouTube and CNN.

EDIT:
By the way, you 3,364 visitors from Large Businesses of note, get back to work! lol

[edit on 5/3/2009 by eMachine]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Skeptic Overlord,

I'm glad you guys didn't sell the site. I would have been a big loss for everyone here. I'm thankful for the organization that you guys have had on the site since I joined, you have enhanced the search option with google and makes it super easy to find threads, and the overall titles have been put in a better order. Keep up the good work!

I would also like to thank the members here and want to emphasize that YOU AND I are the ones that make ATS what it is, we come together and contribute our ideas and share our fears, but at the same time we always keep in mind in finding a solution for everything around us and within us.

I lurked ATS since november 2003, reading interesting threads here and there, but finally decided join in May 2004 to a very moving thread, at least to me, I'm not sure if it is still up, but the title went something like this "The god of the bible is an evil god". Ever since then I have enjoyed reading a lot of threads and eventhough I visit the site oftenly I more than a reader than a commenter, but still I love this site.

THANKS A LOT EVERYONE FOR BEING HERE!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by eMachine
I'm curious about Quantcast tho. Does anyone know how they get their demographics information?

Most of it is via statistical extensions from data provided by sites where demographic information is known.

For example, Slate.com and WSJ.com are two "higher-end" sites that share non-personal demographic data, as thousands of other sites do. Quantcast aggregates that data, then compares how what kind of people that visit sites with known data, against sites with unknown data (no personal info about users is known other than broad interest/demographic silos). From there, they can make reasonable guesses as to the kinds of visitors come to ATS.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

My concern is not that Ats would sell out but that the cuurent administration will shut it down via Truth Squad/Freedom Act agenda.

Keep sharing the truth while you can ATS

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Very good indeed. It shows more minds are attempting to uncover the many aspects and sides of truth as it is.

I find myself at times comparing information and opinion from MSM such as CNN and here. I usually find myself driven here for alternative angles and when I am stumped on something or just want to share I am never lacking in a myriad of intelligent minds willing to debate.

Sometimes it is hard to sift through what is intelligent and just plain ridiculous here but that is the beauty of it. Covering all possible angles with many like minded individuals. ATS keep it up!

Note to say: With all the swine flu information floating all over I found myself rather relieved to be able to come to one site instead of raking through 50,000 sites for information.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I have enjoyed this site from times long before I even became a member. I have seen changes, mostly for the good over the years. I would hope that the same principles that formed this site at the beginning continue to remain as important in the present and future. It is always easy to compromise freedoms for profit, but I like what I have seen so far. Keep it up and protect the members' privacy as best as ATS can.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Good for ATS and Mark Bill and Simon. I'm certainly seeing the quality of this site's member contributions on the upper-scale and the site's audacity to allow critical skepticism.

I'm proud to be back as the quality was always here, but I see an enhanced management in suggestive-ness rather than flat post removal or member removal.

If that's true -- it's good thing.

Decoy

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Just wanted to give a big congrats to the ATS team and all it's members. This site has given me so much food for thought over the years and I thank you all for that.

Thanks again and keep on keepin on!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I sent details of ATS to Biggest Boards several months ago and they included it immediately.
www.thebiggestboards.com...
Found Biggest Boards at bottom of this website
www.adminfusion.com...

Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. Posted details of ATS on here - A site owned by Trinity Mirror plc. I also post on this site as BetweenMyths
forums.nebusiness.co.uk...

1996: Trinity became the largest regional publisher in the UK when it bought a group of award-winning daily and weekly newspapers from The Thomson Corporation.
www.trinitymirror.com...

Many people have also mentioned ATS on Indymedia
www.scroogle.org...
Such as this one - I'm not the author
www.indymedia.org.uk...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
"Congrats Three Amigo's!!"
"And my mother says I have "Strange" friends on the Internet?" Guess I'll have to show her the proof!!lol

The ATS Forums rock, and make me a little smarter and intellectual every day!!
High-N-Sight is worth it's weight in gold, "If it's possible to weigh that.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samantha Brown

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

skeptic overlord i was watching samantha brown on tv today and she was swimming with dolphins and she went poopy, and then like some mexicans would make her drink tequila and she would # on herself

---

Of course there are limits...

What the hell are you trying to get across Samantha Brown ??

Decoy

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
That's cerainly nice to see.

Why the giant dip in Dec 08/Jan 09 though?...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hello ,every one !

I Just linked you guys to my blog !!

911truth-sherbrooke.org...

Nice website guys !!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 187-to-NWO

Hope my avatar aint too provocative !!

new topics

top topics