It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Channel creature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I located this just a little bit ago and I wanted your opinion. On the website of the Association of Marine Research they have a picture and a video of what they think is a underwater traveling creature. Sort of a Loch Ness type of creature. I've looked at the video and it supposedly shows a creature that travels from the right side of the screen to the left underwater. You can only see it's shadow underwater and doesn't surface.

I'll be honest, I think that the video is fake personally. I noticed no wakes from the creature but then again, I'm no expert.

What do you think of this? Do you feel that the A.M.R. is legit?

I'm gonna hold off on judgement at this point because I'll admit that I simply don't know enough.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wow, that's a poor cgi job. Nothing moves at all, in reference to the creature. No undulation, no bobbing as the critter swims.
And like you noticed, the ocean no disturbed over the creature.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I agree that it looks like badly done CG, but what if it is more simple than that? At 0:11 you can see what appears to be a helicopter moving away from the ship. Could we have seen a shadow of this flying black blob of an object?

EDIT: Okay, just watched it again, and boy, it's bad. You can see at the very beginning that the ship is moving out from behind a shadow (the bridge perhaps?), which would make the angles for a shadow from that flying blob line up to be what we saw.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I cannot see anything remotely resembling a creature or the shadow of a creature.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Both videos were fake. In the first one the fake creature moved fast, but did not actually move muscularly. In the second video the whole interview was staged and faked.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Oh boy that was bad.... if anything it was more like a smear on the lens (I know it wasn't) but really, they are touting this as real?>??

This is'nt another 'Cloverfield' type thing is it?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Bwahahaha

That is ridiculous.

It looks like bad scifi effects from the 70's. Something from a Jason and the Argonauts movie

By the way, Genus_Unknown, love the avatar.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

Hey, I LIKED the Jason and the Argonauts movie.
I think this is well bellow that film on scale.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the input. It's nice to know that my feelings concerning being fake are confirmed.

Really.

Edit to add:

Loved Jason and the Argonauts myself.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Deson]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
that....was terrible CG.... hahha wow... thats 2001 B movie CG right there. made straight for tv at 3am.

lol.........

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Oh man FAIL!

I couldn't stop laughing

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It is a fake, for sure. A real creature that close to the surface would have left mor than just a shadow, it would have left something of a wake because of the water rolling over it's back for one thing. Not the size of the wake left by the large ship in the background. but it would still have left a wake. I think whoever surfaced the video either had access to acomputer graphic generator, or had someone do it who has access to that type of equipment. That is my theory on the fake video. Not that I don't believe in the existence of unknown sea and lake creatures. I do, most emphatically, believe in them. I just think we do ourselves a disservice when we accept things that are obviously faked that do our cause irrepairable harm.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
you can tell it's fake by watching the shadow, the camera shake, and the shadow are identical. poor cgi. the least they could have done was stabilize the shadow so it matched withe the boat instead of the shake of the camera

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

That has got to be one of the worst CGI jobs I have ever seen on YouTube or anywhere else. It looked very cartoonish to me, so I will call it a fake.

top topics

join