It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reported sightings of Tupac Shakur cause ripples

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
1st off to one persons reply

i know everyone from that generation loves elvis more, and comparing the 2, even as musicians is honestly impossible to do unbiasedly, they are just too different, yet both were relative to their respective times very controversial

the public image of 2pac, was not one that can be held up to a great deal of respect

the image created of him was one that most people can say wasnt a very good man

that was great marketing, he was making "gangster rap", so they made him into a gangster

the real 2pac, well he was much different than that when you actually look into it

the newer movie "notorious" about biggie talks about how 2pac was sort of a chameleon, he had many different sides to him, you ask 10 people who 2pac was, you get 10 different answers

as a musician he had one identity, as a actor he had another, as a human he had even more

one thing that cant be disputed, whether you like or dislike his image, he was a remarkable artist lyrically, to degrade his music as a whole simply shows more then a different taste in music, it shows an unwillingness to learn and understand different ideas and ways of life

i am in no way the biggest 2pac fan, but if you try to take away from his music only really shows you dont understand his music

as artists, as far as impact on this world, elvis and 2pac are very much among the greats and will always be remembered as such

to another person who asks what 2pac could have achieved from death

well that is a great deal of things

all conspiracies aside, both 2pac and biggie gained a unfathomable amount through each of their deaths

while they were alive, yes they were very popular, had large followings, sold a lot of records and magazines, etc

when they were murdered though, they were instantly raised to heights very few personas have ever imagined

before their deaths many people knew their names, after they died, everyone knew their names

we all wonder how it would be if they were alive, would their success continue or would they begin to fall off like so many others of their time,

snoop, dre, cube, puff, etc, they were all giants in their time, but even though they may have more money now, its safe to say they fell off and arent the names they once were
even if they have more economic power, i dont feel they have the same iconic power they once held

snoop and dre will always be remembered for the chronic (the 1st album)

but 2pac, hes still as big as ever, he still sells millions of albums, everything he puts out sells

look at how many albums hes sold since his death

there was a lot to gain through their deaths

could it be a conspiracy?
could it have been faked as a marketing stint?

i really wouldnt be surprised if we found out that to be the case

the power of the dollar is very strong

now onto the picture
within the website

photos.tmz.com...

that picture was linked. if thats the picture of the guy they think is 2pac

well ill wait on some dna testing

it doesnt look like him

its similar, and could be him after some aging and some plastic surgery

and the age range seems about right

but not going to hold my breath on that being pac

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
No, it's a guy who looks like him. Come on people, it's not like Tupac had the most unique look, I'm sure there are tons of men who resemble him.

Yeah. Plus if he were alive it would kind of ruin the whole beauty of the legacy he left behind.

He's one of my favorite poets.

[edit on 5/1/2009 by thehumbleone]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddymax
Looks real enough to me...features and all!

Look, Tupac was a decently gifted musician...and that is being gracious...but I think this whole Messiah thing that has come from him being shot could have been the WHOLE reason he would fake his death! Honestly, if the dude is alive, the thinking was probably geared towards record sales...

If he had not been "shot", do you honestly think he would have the same following? No! He would be a moment in time just like Warren G, Ice T, Master P, The Fat Boyz, Sugar Hill Gang, Tag Team...etc.

Get mad, agree, or be disinterested, you probably see this...maybe not! Whatever...

Show me recent pic's of Carlin...I will gain some emotion, but until then, meh.

warren g had his moments regulators will always be a classic

the rest of them that you mentioned, well even if pac was still alive, they would never be held in the same sentence realistically

comparing pac and master p is like comparing mozart to a music teacher in grade school

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
If he is alive I wonder who is in this photo? I guess some would say it is a fake. It is a autopsy pic so beware.

www.celebritymorgue.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by savagediver

Gross. These photos are sobering. Poor guy.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Wow he didnt aged a bit. Good for him

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
LOL.....I hope that none of you are taking this as anything but a joke. TMZ is joking with this whole thing. Look at the poll on that page. "Is this Tupac? 1. Yes 2. Definitely, Yes.

Come on now....

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
You would think, the photographer would have displayed just a bit of intellect by simply asking this guy who he was. Then tried to run backgrounds on him and take it from there.

AB1

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
He's drinking Hand Grenades? Tupac hangs at the Tropical Isle? The easiest way to deal with this is to send our resident Jazz Festers in to look for him.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
photos.tmz.com...

That picture from the front seals the case for me... definitely not Tupac.
I love Tupac's music and legacy, and I'm sue there's more to his death than I'm aware of; it wouldn't be the first influential rockstar with a political message to get a lethal visit from US intelligence agencies...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
"That picture from the front seals the case for me... definitely not Tupac."

For sure it aint, tupac is wearing all white, this guy has a black shirt on.. Not even meant to be tupac.

As for the pics, i believe they are tupac pics but most probably from a long time ago.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Yeah not only did he sruvive getting pwned by headshots, he stopped getting older. This kind of shows the IQ level of the demographic that listens to his music. Oh yeah if you buy this i know a Nigerian banker that needs help transfering some money all he needs is your credit card number.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Tupac's nose has a bump in it, and a bit of a hook at the end. Guy in the photo is straight and no hook. The nose gives it away. It isn't him, unless he got a nose job, which is possible I guess.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
in an age of 6.77 billion people on this planet, statistically DNA and Geometry would tell us there are going to be alot of people who look alike, and then again a good amount who appear Identical, So if we still can't grasp the way hitler died, and Elvis, and a good amount of other famous cases, Why would tupac be any different?

2 eyes, 2 ears, 1 nose, 1 mouth, on a Oval head. Im pretty sure a side shot flashed at some Club in miami wouldn't yield truth. anyone who has ever went to a club, knows for the most part, people going to clubs want to stand out, whats the best way to stand out, dress to impress, thats why theirs a Paris hilton, DMX, Tupac, Marylin Mason, Vin diesel, and others at almost every popular club you'll find.

Show me a tupac picture of him fishing, or playing Halo and I'll have a easier time falling for it. otherwise, tupac at a club? Nahhh, go get another guppy.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
its not him, if you look at the picture of him and those in the club and compare his ears. you will notice the bottom of the ears are thicker, than tupacs.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Its bad enough these modern "artists"

Here's some info for you regarding rappers that you call so called artists.

They more of an artist than singers of most other genres.

You know why? Because they sing lyrics that they wrote themselves.

Pop singers, R&B singers, and many others don't write anything.
They hire ghostwriters and then they sing it.
That's NOT artistry, not at all.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I look exactly like a celebrity sometimes (depending on her soberness lol) - ive actually been stopped numerous times and told this. People look a like. I even see people out in the public, that look exactly like friends of mine. The saying "everyone has a twin" seems to be pretty accurate.

But this is not Tupac. Close, but not exact. Unless Tupac got plastic surgery. The noses are not the same. Also the lips look different.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/542c92a55a20.jpg[/atsimg]

I didnt even bother with the rest of the face. The nose is enough.

[edit on 5/1/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Several summers ago, my friend invited me to come do extra work on a movie called Hot Rod it was shot in the next town over from mine.

For all the grandstand shots, they had to have thousands of extras to fill the stands, one of those extras was an absolute spitting image of Tupac. And he knew it too, he was wearing a tupac shirt, had some of the same tattoos, and had all the same piercings on his face.

If you had some how missed the news that Tupac was dead, it would have been extremely easy to mistake this guy for the real Tupac. People were even taking pictures with him.

It would not surprise me if this was a case of mistaken identity. And for the record, the red head from wedding crashers (she was in hot rod as well) is beautiful in real life.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by king9072]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
If Tupac did fake his death... Why stay looking the same?

Exactly. The pictures I saw on the net this morning only show that guy from the side, and from the side there is a resemblence. Let's say from the front the guy looked just like Tupac as well, don't you think all those people in the club would be looking at him and talking to him, even if just to say, "hey, do you know who you look like?".
Then once he answered and people heard him speak, they would be totally freaked out if the guy sounded like Tupac as well.

Peace

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
www.latimes.com...

This explains it pretty clearly, very interesting read as well.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join