It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says U.S. Schools May Need To Close Down - also interesting choice of words

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Obama said the U.S. Schools may need to close down due to the Swine Flu.
I find his choice of words very interesting too, when he says what the U.S. is doing for it.

link to article:
www.nypost.com...

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama suggested Wednesday that school closings may be necessary, in an escalating global health emergency that claimed the first death in the United States and swept Germany onto the roster of afflicted nations. Obama said local educators across America should consider shuttering schools if conditions worsen.

"If the situation becomes more serious and we have to take more extensive steps, then parents should also think about contingencies if schools in their areas do temporarily shut down, figuring out and planning what their child care situation would be," Obama advised.

Just sending children from schools to day care centers in infected areas "is not a good solution," he said.

Now to underline in my opinion interesting words that could actually be taken 2 ways....... one way - as doing what they could against it and another way as doing what they can for the most impact from it. (the conspiracy side of me)

Obama said, "Every American should know that the federal government is prepared to do whatever is necessary to control this virus."

Control it how? I find it was an interesting choice of words - instead of saying Stopping it.

Also

Obama said the federal government is "prepared to do whatever is necessary to control the impact of this virus." He noted his request for $1.5 billion in emergency funding to ensure adequate supplies of vaccines.

Again the word control in regards to this pandemic in another sentence.
Control the virus?

Maybe it is only me, who sees a something odd about using those words with the virus.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
unbelievable!! asking for another 1,000,000,000 dollars like it is nothing...good way to make the dollar worth even less than it already is. stock market peeps became privy to the collapse conspiracy so they have to take it to a new level with "biological threats"? WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I am not a big Obama fan, but I think when he says control it vs stop it he is using the right words. A virus that has spread all over the world cant be stopped. You just have to try to control the negative impact as much as possible.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
SWEET!!! This leaves me with alot of planing time to raid places once the viris kills most of the population

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
and yet again, when the world and the U.S. has a problem, the best solution is the throw money at it. A change in social structure did more to make humans healthy than the health care system... how about instead of throwing that money at the pharm. share holders who are already making a ton off HIV and cancer drugs, the gov't give the money to the citizens and tell them all to stay home for 10 days (since i read that is a sufficient time to isolate the infectious person). I am quite sure i'd rather see my tax dollars going to something like that than into the pockets of more private industry.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but the kids around here, well i'd rather have them in school then out in the streets, every day, when schools lets out, I swear the kids sit in class and think of the best way for me to run them over.... i've had them jump in front of my car going 35 and just stare at me while I slam on the brakes.

I hate em, I can't implement my own darwinism, but eventually you know what will happen to those ones.

Bring on the pig flu.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Scientists see this flu strain as relatively mild
Genetic data indicate this outbreak won't be as deadly as that of 1918, or even the average winter.
By Karen Kaplan and Alan Zarembo
April 30, 2009
As the World Health Organization raised its infectious disease alert level Wednesday and health officials confirmed the first death linked to swine flu inside U.S. borders, scientists studying the virus are coming to the consensus that this hybrid strain of influenza -- at least in its current form -- isn't shaping up to be as fatal as the strains that caused some previous pandemics.

In fact, the current outbreak of the H1N1 virus, which emerged in San Diego and southern Mexico late last month, may not even do as much damage as the run-of-the-mill flu outbreaks that occur each winter without much fanfare.

www.latimes.com...

may not even do as much damage as the run-of-the-mill flu outbreaks that occur each winter without much fanfare.

mood, puzzled

Wouldn't Barry have the most up to date scientific data on the flu, when implementing,

ewwwwwwwww mommy 5 and 6 levels?

Heck, the posters on this forum know more about it then he does.

Maybe he should be twittering, lol

[edit on 013030p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
the only part of the statement that makes my tinfoil itch is the "prepared to do whatever is necessary" part. I just hope they decide what the true problem is before they throw a bunch of placebos in the air.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23
the only part of the statement that makes my tinfoil itch is the "prepared to do whatever is necessary" part. I just hope they decide what the true problem is before they throw a bunch of placebos in the air.

Well you know they are killing all the swine in Egypt,
two
lines

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Why the # is the president getting in on this...

There have already been schools closed in New York and Texas. Probably California.

We don't need him. He needs US.

Do what ever you think is best, bro. Leave US out of it. Wash yo hands bro. And check your cabinet... You have better things to do, IMO

Someone needs a time management course?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

That is true - I didn't look at the words that way, until you mentioned it.

Yeah - do what ever is necessary to get the job done that it was all manufactured for. there is no way this was an "accident" flu.

3 weeks left in the school year for my child, I wonder if she will get to the end of the year, considering he has said that.

What about graduations? That would be sad for those kids - all those years and then no event.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
From OP's source

He noted his request for $1.5 billion in emergency funding to ensure adequate supplies of vaccines.

Guess the banking industry is worth a lot more than people's lives. They got trillions while only 1.5 billion goes toward this pandemic.

top topics

join