It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im done living in fear, its dumb, i got myself a project!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
the economy is falling, the real estate is falling, more and more people loosing jobs, the flu is killing people, whats next?? im still waiting for the fun one when they say, an asteroid is coming the size of TX or the aliens are coming to destroy us haha... im still deciding on what gun to get for the aliens so they can take their time... we still got enough time till 2012
) i personally believe that 2012 will be an interesting year

tons of people die day after day, if its your time, its your time! i was trying to save enough money to maybe find a house, since im getting married this july, was thinking about getting a good chunk of land, build a fence, have food storage, yada yada... but i realized this is me giving in to fear that has been put on us by we know who. There is 2 reasons why they would use fear tactics on us people... one, fear makes you buy things you think you need to feel safe, so people run around buy things and thats their way of boosting the economy. two... if they can scare you they can control you into doing whatever evil they have planned!

i havent worked for about a month, and before that i was on and off here and there. So i decided to get myself a project car, and put some of the money i have saved up into it and enjoy restoring it and stuff. This will help me huge by getting my mind of these stupid things that are supposed to scare me! and you know what? it has worked well. Its fun looking for parts, getting the car ready, taking old junk off, putting things on etc etc... heck, what do i have to lose?? we dont know the future, and planning for tomorrow thinking that the sky is falling is not healthy at all! if you walk under a ceiling fan looking at it every night thinking it will fall on your head, you might trip on something else and break your neck!!... so there is no point for falling for their junk!

if anyone cares, here is my junk

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
That's the spirit.
You might as well ride it out in style.
I used to have a V8 Vega panel project but I had to let it go.
Good luck.
Keep the classics alive.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Nice fastback. My mom used to have a '69 in college.
I, like you, preoccupy my mind with hobbies as well, not that I really take all the fearmongering to heart anyways. I always figured when it's my time, it's my time and there will always be events that are beyond our control.
I like messing around with radio controlled vehicles(planes, trucks and helis). Planning on getting an FPV setup going for my plane so I can do perimeter sweeps when they declare martial law.

Well, it's faster than getting my pilot's license, at least, and who doesn't want to fly?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
That's a car a Mad Max would drive during the fuel wars

I have a potted garden, and the hope that the fruit tree seedlings I have will one day, with my care and attention, bear fruit and fill up my (future) garden in about 5-15 years is what keeps me going

Always good to have hobbies and to learn something and keep your hands from becoming the devil's workshop

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NickT916

I have to friend you because I like your thinking, very similar to mine! But I would have went with a '66 Chevelle.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I love your attitude...star, flag and friend from me. More people need to be this resourceful, and get themselves moving. And that's a great car...I can't wait to see it when it's all fixed up.

My situation is a little similar...I was made redundant in January, and have got a part time job now. There really is nothing else. So I'm working on my website and developing my own little projects to earn some more money, and I feel like I have my life back, instead of being a wage slave to someone else. And there's the garden of course....

If you pay any heed to people like Gerald Celente, this is exactly the kind of thing he says we should be doing now. Buying only what we need for cash, and making the most of resources and talents we've forgotten about.

Please keep us updated on your project!

Cait xx

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I'm torn between loving and hating the OP (the post not the poster). I love the fact that you've found a way to get your mind off things and enjoy life. But I hate the fact that you've basically given up on preparing for the worst. Buying land and stockpiling food still sounds like a very good idea to me, and in doing so I don't think you're necessarily giving into fear you're just being prudent.

Good luck with your car!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

You go, Nick!

Spread your attitude to more young people and the world will be a better place.

This world has always worked on a pendulum - when it swings to one extreme, it will then swing to the other.

Star and flag for you.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Normally when someone online wants to show you his junk, I would not click the link. Looks like you have a great project started there.

Here is my car. I plan on putting a supercharger and a CAI into it eventually.

Projects are good, but having some food supplies stored away is never a waste of effort. One can get pretty hungry during lean times.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
such a beautiful car. that thing could be beastly when youre done. Im still up in the air as to whether i should use my bmw as a project car, or I want to get a Nissan 240sx and do an rb20 swap and go from there.

new topics

top topics

join