It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters Does More Harm than Good

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
In my opinion these guys do more to discredit the UFO phenomenon than most of the debunker sites on the web. They throw some truths in with a lot of garbage. Classic dis-info style. Their "research" is a farce. Most of you who are into this subject probably already know this. Every subject they discuss, I have already researched myself and they seem to purposely leave out the key figures on the subject of the day leaving many open holes.

The problem with it that I have is they are pumping this on MSM and anyone that takes this in is not getting the whole story. Take my father for example. He seems to be interested in this subject but this show is all that he is exposed to. He will not take the time to research any of these subjects for himself, just taking their "expert" opinions. After watching one of these shows I would say that's B.S. too.

I understand that when they were in the beginning stages of the planning of this show The History Channel also approached Bill and Kerry from Project Camelot to possibly do a series with them but changed their mind at the last minute because it would conflict with the UFO Hunters series. What a mistake. At least PC contacts are some of the most respected in Ufology and would have brought more to the table than these jokers.

This is more of a rant than anything, but they are doing nothing good and I wish the show would be canceled already instead of only giving a partial story.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I've noticed a few particularly odd things on their show.

After the show "Lie to me", came on, I watched UFO Hunters, and I noticed that when they talked to one of the gov't agency guys, who straight to the face told them UFO's didn't exist, blah blah blah, everything he did with his body, eye movements etc, pointed to the fact that he was lieing. Down to the way he worded his sentences.

I was pretty surprised. I also looked up website on how to tell if someone is lying, kinda raised some eyebrows (well two) for me.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I was originally pretty excited about the show when it started airing or at least up until I saw the first episode.

At that point I thought "man what a bunch of quacks" especially the main guy that leads the team. I at first thought it would be something more like the original ghost hunters series but nope, they get excited of what could be which is fine but very rarely say or have they ever even said, "Oh it was just their imagination we can explain it all away"?

Too bad really it could have made for a good documentary series if done properly.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

UFO Hunters is an entertaining show that has both hit and miss episodes. There will not be a smoking gun in this or any of the other paranormal shows out there.

There are many errors and even some frauds who still get passed along as the real deal, but the show does its job of entertaining in the end.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. This show is stupid, but I try to never miss it, which I guess in turn makes me stupid.

Every week when I turn on the show I say to myself "Self, what do you think they will not find this week." They never find anything, and every week that crazy Bill guy takes off on some wild path speculating how something like Aluminum foil is proof of aliens.

BUT THEY NEVER FIND ANYTHING. The only guy that makes sense is the Science guy which seems to change every season, probably because they realize its a waste of time to work with Bill's crazy butt.

This show and Monster Quest are both worthless, but somehow addicting. Like every Monster Quest has them diving for some monster for a few hours in the mud.
Of course, they never see anything but a tree or some mound of gunk because they are searching in pool of mud.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
Their "research" is a farce. Most of you who are into this subject probably already know this. Every subject they discuss, I have already researched myself and they seem to purposely leave out the key figures on the subject of the day leaving many open holes.

I find that their show is mildly entertaining, but problematic in the exact opposite way you mention. I find that they generally attempt to make a lot of questionable connections between points with no decent evidence to back them up, and cling to an ET Hypothesis even when their own marginal investigation leads them down an entirely different path.

They are always "picking and choosing" what to present, even on classic cases such as the Soccoro/Zamora sighting in which they for some reason fail to mention that Zamora saw people (humanoids) tinkering around with the ship prior to it taking off. The encounter only lasted a few seconds, and it was a major component. Why choose not to present it? Does it somehow make it less credible?

As for the "holes," they're there because there are huge, gaping holes in the existing evidence of every case, and no "expert" is able to fill them with a lot of hearsay and conjecture. All UFO cases lead either to dead ends or ridiculous nonsense.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Oh and my fav episode of UFO Hunter was the one about Alien implants. Where they get that nut that thinks he has been implanted by aliens. The whole time I am watching I am thinking I would bet everything I had that its just going to be a piece of rock or metal or something mundane. What does it turn out to be? A piece of metal.
WTF? I would be embarrased to air that. Then you got Bill saying it emits radio frequencies, which turns out to be they are just picking up tv or radio stations

[edit on 29-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I agree, there is not going to be any smoking gun evidence with any subject. Even the "respected" researchers don't have any to close said "holes" in the story. I am just stating they leave out crucial data and people in their research leaving an even more gaping wound. Thus leaving the general public more uninformed to the data that is out there.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have actually been pleasantly surprised by a few of their episodes...

The 2nd USO one - the Triangles one - the Cop Sightings one - the Pilot Sightings one and the Texas Small Town one - all of those actuall provided some really interesting and credible physical AND eyewitness testimony to the table.

Bill - the editer of UFO magazine - is clearly delusional - but he is highly knowledable about Historical UFO cases - which makes him a mixed deal.

I really think if it wasn't for Bill they wouldn't let the show run - because he provides just the right level of oddball to keep people from taking the show too seriously.

There have been an increasing number of UFO shows presenting excellent radar, physical, and recorded eyewitness testimony lately on the History channel.

I am, being somewhat agnostic about UFO's, beginning to suspect that Disclosure is actually becoming more likely - as civilian travel into space is becoming inevitable - and the Powers That Be would rather Disclose on their own terms then through increasing first hand encounters and incidents involving civilians.

Therefore - in this light - I think these shows are more for preparing people to be used to the idea - rather than the usual dis-info of the last century.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I liked the old UFO Files show a lot more than the new UFO Hunters.

Bill does make leaps and gets over excited about minor discoveries.

I think their motives are pure, it's just the whole premise of the show is geared more towards entertainment than real research.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I like the show ... they try to get proof ... but it is hard ... I like when they do the image analysis ... very cool stuff .....

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I for one truly enjoy the program. I believe that one of the greatest aspects of the show involves the fact that each and every team member has a different personality, and a different basis for explaining what they do or do not believe. You have the ecstatic team leader, who has the most fantastical ideas, then you have his protege who shares some of these ideas, but remains cautious in his declarations, and last but not least you have the scientist who approaches every scenario with an extremely detached analytical state of mind.

In other words, I believe that the program "UFO Hunters" is a well thought out, well balanced study in progress which does a great job of what it was intended to do, and that is bringing forth the idea of studying "UFO Incidents" to a Mainstream audience.

As a side note to this subject, remember the episode where they tested the Red Road Flare theory behind the sightings of Triangles (Which had corners consisting of Red Lights)? They utterly proved beyond a doubt that the "Road Flare" theory simply did not hold up in regards to such sightings, and I found that to be a wonderful accomplishment indeed.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It is the same as Monster Quest.

For every good, well balanced and evidence-based episode you might get 4 or 5 that are just... well... lame.

Weeding out the gems is part of the deal, I guess. I'd say both programs are due for a good episode again soon so don't give up just yet.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
How can bill look for UFO's when he never takes his shades off, Not even inside.

Also he gets pumped up about things instead of being objective. There is a new guy on the show that gives bill a run for his money and calls him out on stuff....

All in all the show is lame and a let down. I give it a 3.5 out of 10

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
I for one truly enjoy the program. I believe that one of the greatest aspects of the show involves the fact that each and every team member has a different personality, and a different basis for explaining what they do or do not believe. You have the ecstatic team leader, who has the most fantastical ideas, then you have his protege who shares some of these ideas, but remains cautious in his declarations, and last but not least you have the scientist who approaches every scenario with an extremely detached analytical state of mind.

In other words, I believe that the program "UFO Hunters" is a well thought out, well balanced study in progress which does a great job of what it was intended to do, and that is bringing forth the idea of studying "UFO Incidents" to a Mainstream audience.

As a side note to this subject, remember the episode where they tested the Red Road Flare theory behind the sightings of Triangles (Which had corners consisting of Red Lights)? They utterly proved beyond a doubt that the "Road Flare" theory simply did not hold up in regards to such sightings, and I found that to be a wonderful accomplishment indeed.

I agree. I think people come back pissed off because there's no evidence. Its a whole lot more thorough than UFO shows back then. I remember back in the day they will just show a bunch of footage and ask the same question "are they real?" They never real dig in and do any tests. Nor do they have people that really have opinions. Everyone in this show is trying to get to the bottom of something, whether it be fantastical theories or scientific proof.
I have to say..cruise around the internet for a few minutes and you are bound to find a lot of garbage on reptilians and stupid conspiracy theories.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet

There have been an increasing number of UFO shows presenting excellent radar, physical, and recorded eyewitness testimony lately on the History channel.

I am, being somewhat agnostic about UFO's, beginning to suspect that Disclosure is actually becoming more likely - as civilian travel into space is becoming inevitable - and the Powers That Be would rather Disclose on their own terms then through increasing first hand encounters and incidents involving civilians.

Therefore - in this light - I think these shows are more for preparing people to be used to the idea - rather than the usual dis-info of the last century.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by TruthMagnet]

agreed.

just what sort of history is the history channel reporting? it leads people to think 'ok so what are they not telling us?'

ufo are popping up in the MSM like mad... daily almost.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hello there, first time poster though a long time lurker ! Thought I'd add my first two pence to this thread as it's a subject I to am concerned about.

UFO Hunters leaves me with mixed feelings, I applaud them for having a go but at the same time I get extremely frustrated with the direction the sometimes they seem to take. The recent Nazi UFO episode really wound me up, they appear to have access to some real decent resources but they waste them investigating fruitless avenues, they did very little so called research on Ufology & as far as I could tell they just seemed to research Nazi rocket research with a limp link to UFO's in the form of the fact that the Nazis made a dome shaped flying machine which never worked.

As for the guys themselves, I really respect Pat & would like to see him go ahead on his own with whichever science guy they employ that week. I understand Bill's involvement (I think he contributes money & has producer credentials) but he really is to quick to jump to the 'most out there' conclusion with little or no regard for the facts he's presented with. Loved the episode in the first season where he told a US military sergeant (retired) that he was a quote 'alien hybrid' only to have Pat give him a little bit of a dressing down outside off camera for filling this guys head with nonsense.

The episodes on triangles & pilot sightings were very well covered & I was glad to see James Fox appear in the pilots episode, he should be in all of them alongside Pat & the shows healthy budget, together they could make waves in the subject.

If anybody from the show is reading this may I make a suggestion ? Use your budget to actually go on a UFO hunt, you used high def capture cameras in your Area51 episode why not pick a so called UFO hot spot & set those cameras up in this location. Do some UFO hunting rather then rehashing the old cases ?

Just a thought.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by MRJONEZ]

new topics

top topics

join