It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A possible reason for ammo shortages!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I just got back from my part time at my local gun shop. Kinda like standing around an empty store but today it was different. A regular customer, retired for 18 years already, been in three wars and two different services, was spit balling with us, and brought up a very interesting idea. We have been thinking that the ammo shortage is from our brother shootists buying it up as fast as it can be produced. What if,...and thats a large if, our benevolent CIC and his minions have been sending people to buy it up. Many of the importers have made huge sales to individuals of the truck load variety. Its our money so it wouldn't be a monetary burden for them and it accomplishes much of what they want without any laws that can come back to haunt them at the poles. It puts the blame on all the, supposedly, greedy shooters and as usual misdirection makes it true with all the reports and blogs pounding the same message!

Zindo

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
What's a shootist

While I suppose it's possible I really doubt the government is secretly buying up all the ammo. My theory is there was a small shortage from manufacturers supplying the war machine, and that triggered some paranoid peoples hording mentality to go into overdrive which caused more of a shortage triggering even less paranoid people to start hording making even more of a shortage causing even casual people who don't regularly buy ammo to want to stock up some making a chain reaction. I see it in a way almost like the oil traders last summer driving the price up to $150 a barrel but maybe it's not

[edit on 29-4-2009 by warpboost]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The term "Shootist" is a 19th century term meaning -one who is a shooter or a gunman who is ready and able to shoot! Its used in the modern vernacular in the same terms refering to people who are engaged in the hobby of firearms use!

Zindo

[edit on 4/29/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
A few months ago we had a machine gun shoot up here. I went into my local shop to grab a case of 5.56 and he was all out. I asked if it was because of the shoot that weekend and he said no. I asked if it was Obamas fault and he said 'could be'.

I got it out of him that there was a massive bulk order placed by an individual or small group in the county. Massive on the scale of needing a box truck to load up pallets.

Could have been some richy rich looking for a short-term investment. Could have been one of those famous New Hampshire anti-government groups. Could have been a federale taking stock out of circulation.

I still got my case but I had to order it and wait. Shot the PTR that weekend rather than the AR. Now I need a case of 7.62.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
They could be buying up all the ammo to make it look like there is panic among the people. Great excuse to institute martial law and disarm the citizens.

TA

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I remember reading something here on ATS about "red china" and tungsten ammo replacing lead ammo.
I also read about the serialization of bullets(if that hasn't already started). Could be both or all of the above, for all I know...not that I own a gun.
Happy shooting.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4N6310
I remember reading something here on ATS about "red china" and tungsten ammo replacing lead ammo.
I also read about the serialization of bullets(if that hasn't already started). Could be both or all of the above, for all I know...not that I own a gun.
Happy shooting.

Tungsten ammo ? I don't know a lot about metals but I'm thinking this is one hard element to put down your barrel and a packet would probably see you having to replace it.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Tungsten ammo ? I don't know a lot about metals but I'm thinking this is one hard element to put down your barrel and a packet would probably see you having to replace it.

Here's the thread about the Red Chinese and tungsten ammo, but I am skeptical since the guy says "Why might lead be banned in bullets?" and not why WILL it be banned.
At any rate, an interesting read.
edit: a quick google search finds the source to be rense, so I would add more salt to the credibility of this report.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by 4N6310]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
There are such things as Tungsten 'CORE' bullits. They are projectiles meant for armor piercing. The still have a lead outer section with copper jackets.

Zindo

top topics

join