It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 and swine flu

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
For a few weeks now I haven't seen a 2012 debunk post on the site. Like the ones that say that 2012 will come and go without incident and that the date for "Doomsday" will have to be reset.

I have a question for all: Do "we" even make it to 2012?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Ohh finally someone dares to bring up the subject of 2012. I'm sure the guys at the 2012 board are applauding now.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think as a species we will survive but the thing that makes us human and different from all the other organisms on the earth.... that is our culture, will be completely destroyed.

Humans are good at adapting and overcoming challenges but it will take a long time for us to recover. Remember Humans have been around for about 200,000 years and only really recently has our culture taken off say in the past 30,000 years. Not to mention the fact that other, older hominids survived for a long time.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What does 2012 have ANYTHING to do with the recent flu epidemic?

oh yeah, NOTHING. Sheesh, why is it that whenever ANY kind of disaster (man made or natural) someone always has to try and tie it into the 2012 garbage?

First of all, no offense to Son of PC at all. I am just not a believer in the fear mongering of the 2012 debate and dogma. To answer your question, YES we will make it to 2012 but to also add, we will make it long past 2012.

Sorry to sound like an arse. I mean no disrespect.......I obviously havent had enough coffee yet today.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by QBSneak000]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

Maybe 2012 is like a shepherd's stew with a little bit of everything thrown in.

1. pandemic
2. another idiot war
3. tsunami
4. martial law
5. New! "the Hypercaine"

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
What does 2012 have ANYTHING to do with the recent flu epidemic?

oh yeah, NOTHING. Sheesh, why is it that whenever ANY kind of disaster (man made or natural) someone always has to try and tie it into the 2012 garbage?

First of all, no offense to Son of PC at all. I am just not a believer in the fear mongering of the 2012 debate and dogma. To answer your question, YES we will make it to 2012 but to also add, we will make it long past 2012.

Sorry to sound like an arse. I mean no disrespect.......I obviously havent had enough coffee yet today.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by QBSneak000]

Like W.C. Fields said in "It's a Gift", "It all goes at once."

Some philosopher once wrote, "the ends fall apart, the center will not hold"

2012 could be straight line clairvoyance. Some on our part, some on the Mayans.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by son of PC

That list pretty much sums up a lot of our history.

There have been many wars, epidemics, tsunami's etc and that has been going on hundreds if not thousands of years. Why now does it have to do with a preamble to 2012?

You could also say that about 1912 or 1712 yet we are still here, thriving.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Just because the Mayan calendar ends in 2012 doesn't mean disaster. It just means a new beginning. For all we know the reason they didn't finish it was because they were wiped out by the spanish along with most all of their written history, after all they were considered heathens and heretics according to the Catholic dogma of that period, then the survivors were converted to Catholic beliefs. Of course they put their past aside......either that or get burned at the stake.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

That list pretty much sums up a lot of our history.

There have been many wars, epidemics, tsunami's etc and that has been going on hundreds if not thousands of years. Why now does it have to do with a preamble to 2012?

You could also say that about 1912 or 1712 yet we are still here, thriving.

Our leadership is like Tounces the Cat. They will drive us off the cliff.
"Watch out Tounces!" But to no avail. Over the cliff they went.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Just because the Mayan calendar ends in 2012 doesn't mean disaster. It just means a new beginning. For all we know the reason they didn't finish it was because they were wiped out by the spanish along with most all of their written history, after all they were considered heathens and heretics according to the Catholic dogma of that period, then the survivors were converted to Catholic beliefs. Of course they put their past aside......either that or get burned at the stake.

Hmm. Need to contact a toy manufacturer. A special line of products might put some jingle in my pocket. Take care! Thanks for all your posts. Going shopping.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
LMAO, I love Tounces the cat!! you made me spit coffee out of my nose with that one.

I think people should be more worried about their leaders (government) more than anything that would possibly happen in 2012.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i posted something about this at

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it is about connection between archeologist dead after obama visit, 2012, lucifer project and more stuff.

Just wondering if this is all just a part of a bigger puzzle to generate terror and do some good mind conditioning...also the whole 2012 could be just a way to get people used to a doomsday well planned by government to reduce population and restart economy.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalwarrior
i posted something about this at

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it is about connection between archeologist dead after obama visit, 2012, lucifer project and more stuff.

Just wondering if this is all just a part of a bigger puzzle to generate terror and do some good mind conditioning...also the whole 2012 could be just a way to get people used to a doomsday well planned by government to reduce population and restart economy.

I could derail my own thread here. Maybe it's time for ET to put in some personal appearances, to scare those M/F back in line.

Where's that guy with the beacon bot and the SOS signal for ET. Hey guy, wake up!

top topics

join