It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking and Cytokine Storm...might save you :)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by oneinthesame
One time I had a really bad cough for quite a few weeks, so I stopped smoking. The cough got way worse, so I went to the doctor. Doc told me to start smoking again! He said something about how it irritates the lungs from forming mucus and would calm the cough down. Can't remember exactly what he said but he did tell me to start smoking again! I got better.

The nicotine, as a stimulant, opens the air ways in your lungs (whatever they're called) so you aren't as irritated and can breath easier, reduces inflammation, etc.
But you'd think the extra tar on top of what you've got from already smoking for a while, would just add some more burden, and would not be the most efficient way to do that.

I got a puffer from my doc the last time I had a horrid cough that kept me awake constantly choking, for instance...

But hey, if it worked, there's one spell of suffering gone and done with anyhow, I guess.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Ahh and this is why they increased the tax on cigs not once, but 2 times in less than a half a year! The last tax hit less than a month ago putting a pack of smokes upwards of $6-$7 here. It is all coming together now... They raise the tax's to get more people to quit smoking. A lot of my smoker friends have quit or in the process of quitting right now. But wait there is more! If that was not enough to get you to quit, they will run these commercials from this "truth" organization non-stop here.. in case the increase in price alone does not discourage you from quitting.

So by getting more people to quit, their artificial virus can claim more fatality's even quicker... pure genius!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretUsername

You think that's bad? If I buy my smokes in Canada, where I live now, my Marlboro can cost up to 12 dollars a pack! Cross into Washington, and its about 5 bucks. Even the customs guys seem to feel sorry and don't bother me that much anymore.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I smoke and i have lymphatic sarcoidosis and neurosarcoidosis.

But i am one of the 10% that do not have pulmonary sarcoidosis.

Why because i smoke.

Now they are trying Nicotine Patches on people with pulmonary sarcoidosis

clinicaltrials.gov...

As near as the doctor can tell i got the sarcoidosis from pine pollen in the mountains where i worked.

Since i moved back to the desert my sarc is no longer progressing but the complacation have never gone away. fibromyalgia sleep apnea and neuropathy

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
This is anecdotal evidence, but its my personal anecdote so I speak in truth.

I had horrible asthma as a kid right through until I started smoking at 16 (yeah, what kinda fool with asthma would start smoking, but I did!) Anyway within a year my asthma was reduced to a level where it very rarely bothers me and I maybe need my inhaler once every 18 months.

I thought this was a unique case until a friend and I were having a smoke and talking one day about how foolish we are to smoke and he said "though it did cure my asthma." On questioning he'd had exactly the same experience as me.

I imagined its because the lungs are so messed up with all that tar etc. they're afraid to have an attack but this thread is making me smile that there may be some science behind it.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Supercertari

I was on beclomethasone for almost ten years before I started smoking, and ventolin when my asthma got really bad. Now I have almost no breathing problems whatsoever. It does make me wonder sometimes. I know smoking increases the risk of cancer, but it does seem to have some benifits. My sister still is on inhalers to this day, and she doesn't smoke. Also I read somewhere once that nicotine reduces the risk of parkinsins and alzheimer's because the nicotine acts as a stimulant and makes the neuro pathways fire faster.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I have often thought of the conundrum that the Anti Smoking campaigns worldwide pose with the alleged Mass Population Reduction policies of the elite and how it might all fit in.

Perhaps the Bio Attack they are planning is rendered ineffective against smokers and hence the need to get people to quit so they don't get cancer and die but can pickup the Dog Flu and die ? Occums Razor couldn't sort this one out.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
i wrote a short story with this very theme a few years ago (unpublished).

the story stemmed from one day while i was standing outside smoking a cig and staring up at the sky watching them spray some chemtrails, a guy walked up and said to me, "they're spraying again, eh? wouldn't it be ironic as hell if smokers who now have to spend so much more time outside build up more of an immunity to whatever it is they're spraying?" i replied that yeah or if something in cigs coats our lungs somehow and actually protects us from it.

weird.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
YaY. Finally something "possibly" good about my nasty smoking habit.

Not sure if I buy it though....

I'll smoke anyway.

*lights up a Spirit*

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is something I have considered for a while now. What if...what if ciggarrette and or marijuana smoking can actually help prevent types of viruses?

It would explain A LOT as to why both are so heavily mandated....

I actually started to write a story about a scenario like this....

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I have that too. My ozone machine got rid of the nodules in my lungs, but it gets me everywhere else.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I think they promote the stop smoking because it gets them votes.

Older people tend not to be smokers and tend to be voters.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I blaze alot 2.!

Indoor, that is.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I don't know how realistic it is to say smoking can prolong or stop the swine flu but being a smoker, that would be ridiculously ironic.

Even more ironic is when taking my smoke break today my co worker said wouldn't it be funny if us smokers were somehow immune to the swine flu and then I read this thread.

It takes me about 2 to sometimes 3 days to finish a pack and I've tried quitting multiple times, why start now!?

Not to mention if the economy does collapse due to recent events I can guarantee smokes will be considered gold for those longing for that nicotine release. Many will trade for smokes....

I am noticing a lot with the current pandemic and can't help but wonder if the tax hike on cigarettes has something to do with it all. Either way this pandemic seems like a means for the hegelian dialect process and is rather plausible when one sits back and looks at the past and now. Is this how it starts? Those that want global dominance could be potentially setting this up for economic collapse to create a means for quarantine and confusion in which, from there, they will be able to keep us from organizing and establish the NWO.

Time will tell.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join