It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ONE LINE RESPONSES

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
We've seen a recent rash of new one-line responses to posts that add nothing to the flow of discussion, in addition to excessive quoting. Both of these are contrary to our goal of intelligent debate and discussion... One Line or less Responses or "me too" atta-boy comments contribute nothing to the discussion. Quoting Entire Posts disrupt the readability of a thread. Please edit your quotes to only the portion for your point. Each mod has the ability to apply nominal points warnings (50 points) for both of these minor board infractions. Please help us maintain the best discussion board possible by considering your responses in both content, and quote length. Unfortunately, those of you who have fallen into these habits, may get a few warnings in your U2U In Box. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hello everybody. I just want you to know that I moderate:

Secret Societies
Military & Government Facilities
Conspiracies in Religion & Spiritualism
and
RATS

I'll be taking a harder look at how members post on these forums. If you see something obviously out of place, feel free to send me a u2u.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Save the one-liners for the comedy clubs.

There is a big difference, IMO, when reading a thread with alot of clutter, and one that makes sense along the way. I tend to stay away from the clutter, again my opinion.

Hello everybody. I just want you to know that I moderate:

Secret Societies
Military & Government Facilities
Conspiracies in Religion & Spiritualism
and
RATS

I forgot Rats even existed!!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Just to clarify... this is for ATS only. (and don't tell me that's a one-liner!)

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I just recieved one. I dont need to waste 10 pages to describe one or two thoughts. I consider the message an invatation to leave.

SEE YA

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
I just recieved one. I dont need to waste 10 pages to describe one or two thoughts.

It was a mass spam messagge, at first I thought they were jabbing at me as of late but its just a reminder for everyone.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
I just recieved one. I dont need to waste 10 pages to describe one or two thoughts. I consider the message an invatation to leave.

SEE YA

It went out to the people that have been online in the last couple of days, not singleing anyone out

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye I just recieved one.
No you didn't We keep a log of all warnings applied. Both who gave the warning, the member warned, the time, and the thread. You did not receive a one-liner warning, or a big-quote warning. What gives?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
A little bit off topic but over the past couple days the community has tossed around some ideas about dead members and the WATS system. We'd like our questions or requests adressed if thats possible, and I was just wondering whether we should create a new thread outlining everying or will you get around to looking at them?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I actually got an email from a moderator for a one line response I made on a silly thread almost a month ago and fifty points taken.

Then I got the big spam.

It seems silly to me to punish someone for something they said almost a month ago.

I sent an inquiry email back to the moderator but haven't heard back.

To get me wrong fifty points isn't a big thing but I think one lines should be taken into context especially when the title of the thread is Aliens Want Midgets.

This was not intended as thread to be taken seriously from go.

Sometimes a line sums it up.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Sorry, that should have been "Don't" get me wrong not "To" get me wrong.

Don't count this as a one liner its a clarification.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
Sorry, that should have been "Don't" get me wrong not "To" get me wrong.

Note: use the edit button bro, its a lot more effective and saves bandwidth, although as Skeptic has told us, we have plenty of bandwidth. Still, it saves a mess.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj This was not intended as thread to be taken seriously from go.
Then it should have been on BTS, not ATS. BTS is for the silliness. (most of the time... there are occasions of levity when the tension has been high on ATS)

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What if someone replies and DOES contribute to the thread but its only one line?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
well when some one writes a 10 page post that is total crapola with more than questionable sources and utterly ridiculous premises that by the time you're done reading it and are just appalled at the amount of logic impairment it would take to actually post it never mind waste other peoples time who read it I don't think it's very much of a offense to simply post "thanks for wasting my time." If that is my crime here I would request my 50 points back if they were taken.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I got the email and I think it's ridiculous. If I read a post and I agree with the post, I'm gonna say it. There's no reason for me to write a big post rehashing the points that I agree with. Taking away 50 points is just ridiculous, you shouldn't punish people for agreeing with someone and saying it simply. And while I'm here, some of the mods here are some of the rudest mods I've seen. I mod/admin at a few sites and if I, or any other mod treated the users the way some mods do here, we'd be banned immediately.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88
What if someone replies and DOES contribute to the thread but its only one line?

Thats perfectly fine, the vast majority of posts that are only of one line fall into this category. Most often simple questions/answers that continue the flow of the topic.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anathema
And while I'm here, some of the mods here are some of the rudest mods I've seen. I mod/admin at a few sites and if I, or any other mod treated the users the way some mods do here, we'd be banned immediately.

Would you please be more specific. You can be more specific here if you like but I would advise you to use the complaint option on the ATS tool bar thing. If you post your complaint here you are a lot more likely to create drama, which is a bad thing. It is up to you though. I hope you get all your problems with some of the forum staff straightened out.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza

Would you please be more specific.

The problem has been resolved. It was just an observation, and I just needed to get it off my chest, but I don't feel the need to file a complaint. If I have any further problems I'll be sure to use that though. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
We've seen a recent rash of new one-line responses to posts that add nothing to the flow of discussion, in addition to excessive quoting. Both of these are contrary to our goal of intelligent debate and discussion...

One Line or less Responses or "me too" atta-boy comments contribute nothing to the discussion.

Quoting Entire Posts disrupt the readability of a thread. Please edit your quotes to only the portion for your point.

Each mod has the ability to apply nominal points warnings (50 points) for both of these minor board infractions. Please help us maintain the best discussion board possible by considering your responses in both content, and quote length.

Unfortunately, those of you who have fallen into these habits, may get a few warnings in your U2U In Box.

Thank you.

Oh man I laughed so hard when I got one my false teeth flew out. lol

I have run and been on forums since the old bbs days and this is a new one.

Ahh if you need a min max post script I can get ya one if ya need a max quote script I can get ya one....

When in a debate in a group of people on a forum there are usually sides taken and as the members get to know one another they do respect their opions so if the cards are laid out and all has been said, a responce to a issue "I agree" i have never heard as being inapropiate.

If I can not state agreement on a topic that has been posted. I will gracefully leave. If it part of the TOS I am sorry for not haveing read it anything over 3 pages and I fall asleep and start drooling on the keyboard till someone pops me in the head

So if I havent been banned yet I will be on my way the next one I get

I am sure no one will lose any sleep over it including myself...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join