It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My university just announced we have 4 suspected swine flu cases

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
first time poster.....so I am a University of Delaware student and every student just got an email, text and phone call saying that 4 students had suspected swine flu and that they were sending samples to the CDC for testing. Now everyone's in a panic in the dorms and all they've really told us is....please stay tuned for more information. I don't know, I'm not gonna start worrying until people start dying in the US. Anyways just figured I'd let everyone kno.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Crazy stuff dude. Can you post the email for us to read?
Are you in the Dorms right now?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Keep us updated, fenix. Thanks for posting and stay safe.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Can you leave campus to a safe place to bug out? You could give this 7-10 days and it may just save your immune system for wave two of this potential epidemic.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I saw this thread and checked my student e-mail, just to see what was there. I go to University of Massachusetts. Luckily, I take graduate courses online and do not need to attend the campus. Hell, I infrequently live in the U.S., much less Massachusetts. I am watching this epidemic with a weary and worried eye. Oddly enough, I do not feel like this is a big deal. So far, the regular flu has killed more people this year, when compared to this Avian/Human/Swine flu.

University Health Services Issues Swine Flu Information

Health professionals are closely monitoring an outbreak of swine flu in the United States and other countries. Swine flu is a respiratory disease that exists in pigs but may affect humans.

There are no known cases in Massachusetts at this time. However, the Centers for Disease Control has declared a public health emergency, triggering heightened surveillance across the nation. University officials are offering the following advice to members of the campus community regarding steps to help prevent getting or spreading any type of flu:

Wash your hands often with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Cough or sneeze into a tissue or into your elbow instead of your hands.
If you are sick, stay home from school or work, and limit contact with others.

Symptoms of swine flu can include fever, lethargy, lack of appetite and coughing. Some people also have reported a runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

Anyone having these symptoms is advised to call his/her primary care doctor. Students also may call University Health Services at 978-934-4991. Health professionals emphasize that, to help prevent the spread of the disease, people with these symptoms should NOT appear at medical facilities in person before contacting them by telephone.

Further information about this situation is available through the following links:

University Health Services (to be updated this afternoon):

www.uml.edu...

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:

Swine flu: www.cdc.gov/swineflu

Swine flu key facts: www.cdc.gov/swineflu/key_facts.htm

World Health Organization:

www.who.int...

Mass. Dept. of Public Health: www.mass.gov...

Travel Advisory: cdc.gov...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Now everyone's in a panic in the dorms and all they've really told us is....please stay tuned for more information. I don't know, I'm not gonna start worrying until people start dying in the US. Anyways just figured I'd let everyone kno.

Hopefully this will help you relax a bit. This afternoon (April 28), the first two cases in the province of Alberta were confirmed. Both men had just returned from Mexico. Neither of the men knew each other and they weren't traveling together. Here's the news you want to hear my American friends. One of the men has already completely recovered and the second case is "nearly" recovered. Neither "victim" even required hospitalization... and yes it was the same swine flu that's currently causing such a ruckus.

Please consider the possibility that the media is purposely spinning this way, way out of proportion. In the USA there are 35,000 deaths due to "regular" flu every year. By all standards, I'd call this one particularly mild. Panic is what the bastards who created this flu want. Don't panic! In my view there's no reason to be overly fearful... and if the cases in Canada are of any consideration, you have plenty to be positive about. There aren't many cases in Canada, but no Canadians are anywhere near dying and indeed so far, they're springing back as good as ever. Let's hope that continues. If Canadians are basically not affected by this flu, Americans should be just fine as well I'd think. Why not? Think positive... there's good news from north of the border.

I'm not at all trying to diminish this. I realize people have died, but in all honesty folks, so far the panic being created masterfully by the god damned media is far, far more dangerous than this flu. And no matter what you do, don't take the vaccine they're gonna offer. Simple home remedies can help you survive damn near any flu and there are lots of natural health foods that basically kill virus damn near on contact, like colloidal silver for example.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

We do need to keep in mind however that this bug is far more likely to kill someone south of the American border.
I and many others suspect that the bug either needs to be in a hot climate like Mexico or else it mainly effects hispanics in life threatening ways. There are next to none in ways of actual deaths caused by the bug here in the States or the rest of the higher developed nations with reported cases.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

It appears you're right. If it's killing mostly hispanics, then it's engineered to do so. That means we're talking about a case of mass murder. I hope and pray heads roll for this.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm not in the dorms this year but my buddy is who i spoke with earlier...he said everyone's in the halls talking.....yea im not worried yet...prolly be skipping class a bit more than usual for the next few days to see if it spreads......oh yea and i will post the email...im high and lazy so ill just copy paste it.

Date: Tue 28 Apr 21:24:34 EDT 2009
Subject: UD Health Alert
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Four University of Delaware students have been identified with mild cases of influenza that meet probable definitions for swine flu. UD students who are experiencing flu-like symptoms are advised to go to the Student Health Center. For updates and more information, visit the University's home page (www.udel.edu).

The sender provided the following contact information.
Sender's Name: UD Alert
Sender's Email: [email protected]
Sender's Contact Phone: 3028314111

blacked out my name for security reasons

we also all recieved similar text messages and automated phone call alerts.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenix840
I'm not in the dorms this year but my buddy is who i spoke with earlier...he said everyone's in the halls talking.....yea im not worried yet...prolly be skipping class a bit more than usual for the next few days to see if it spreads......oh yea and i will post the email...im high and lazy so ill just copy paste it.

Date: Tue 28 Apr 21:24:34 EDT 2009
Subject: UD Health Alert
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Four University of Delaware students have been identified with mild cases of influenza that meet probable definitions for swine flu. UD students who are experiencing flu-like symptoms are advised to go to the Student Health Center. For updates and more information, visit the University's home page (www.udel.edu).

The sender provided the following contact information.
Sender's Name: UD Alert
Sender's Email: [email protected]
Sender's Contact Phone: 3028314111

blacked out my name for security reasons

we also all recieved similar text messages and automated phone call alerts.

You know what? I'd call that email very, very unprofessional. It's just coming to the conclusion (very likely the wrong conclusion) that those Delaware cases are the same flu. There are only two labs in the entire western hemisphere who can make that determination, the CDC in the States and the National Microbiology lab in Canada. So far, the Canadian lab has identified and confirmed 16 positives from samples sent from Mexico and the CDC has identified 7 positives. That's not very damned many, certainly not enough to justify an emergency meeting of the WHO tomorrow. They're discussing the idea of closing America's borders. What? Can you believe the insanity in that idea? I'll bet it's all a ruse to use as an excuse to blame in their program to ruin the American economy. Not to mention that it's been a very affective diversion from the real issues, like all the stolen trillions of dollars that the banksters have stolen in the past couple of months.

It's all a ploy!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
oh heres the link to the alert on our website.

www.udel.edu...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat .... It's in Philly and now in the University of Delaware. We are stuck right inbetween ... like a flu-germ sandwich. Now I'm wondering if we'll be finishing the week out at school.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
This obviously isnt possible since the WHO has only confirmed 79 cases.

/sarcasm off

Yes please keep us updated some of us have a brain and are diligently tracking this. I have friends in schools all over the country feeding me reports as well and its spreading like a wildfire.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Obama was just on the TV 2 minutes ago ... he said 'if a school has any cases of the flu ... or SUSPECTED CASES .. it should consider closing'.

Hell .. it SHOULD close.

University of Delaware should close.

I just dropped my daughter off at (middle) school. Some of her classmates have siblings who go to the University of Delaware. I don't want any of them bringing flu germs from their siblings to her school. I went in the office and requested immediate notification of any students at her school have 'suspected' cases ... and I said I'd be pulling my child out of school if any suspected cases happened.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
If they do have suspected cases, just wash your hands and keep your self clean like advised, and do not panic.

Is the american news reporting every case of flu now in america?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by fenix 840
I don't know, I'm not gonna start worrying until people start dying in the US. Anyways just figured I'd let everyone kno.

This morning they reported the first US death due to A/H1N1 down in Texas... A 23 month old toddler... very sad and very worrying

[edit on 29-4-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Is the american news reporting every case of flu now in america?

Actually they are BEHIND in reporting. They aren't keeping up with the suspected cases. It's very, very strange to watch the news on TV. We know for a fact that there are suspected (probable) cases in Philly and at the University of Delaware ... but the TV news is not saying anything.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
man, this flu doesnt seem to be strong ... I really dont know

you guys need to understand, maybe this is a serious thing, and they want to kill u all, or, they want to make u afraid ...

there is a conspiracy anyway ... so, yeah, I dont have anything more to say

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I suggest you go read my post Why Mexacans are dying then make up your mind if you should be worried... As for me I'm keeping my granddaughter home for the time being

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
man, this flu doesnt seem to be strong ... I really dont know

That's how the 1918 flu started that killed tens of millions.
It started out weak and then as time went on it mutated into a killer.
I hope to god it falls apart. But it is acting like the 1918 flu at this point.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join