It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture this.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Picture this:

A utopian world. No crime, no hate, one super-nation, one world religion, and no freedom. Now rewind a few years, 20 or so. We have the United States of America (still) waging war on Iraq, the world economy is failing, and many small countries have fallen into states of total anarchy. A �new� political power rises up from nowhere. This political party has connections in the highest of places, terrorist organizations, and governmental influence. The works. Fast-forward 5 or 6 years, this organization has united the Middle East, and has united Asia, and most of Europe. America is at an all time low, while the rest of the world is prospering. The Political power lends a helping hand to America, because of this helping hand; America gets back on its feet, and becomes a superpower once more. The people of America remember those who helped them, and vote a representative of this political organization into the office of president. Fast-forward 8 years. The North American continent has been united, as well as most of central and South America. Those countries that refuse to conform are the most religious of countries, believing this to be the apocalypse. The political power tries diplomatically to assimilate these countries but they refuse, and are destroyed. A few more years into the future and we are once again at our Utopian world.

You might wonder how that political party might have such powerful connections the moment it appears. I will tell you how, that political party has had control over most the worlds� governments for some time. Now you might be wondering: �If they had control, why would they allow such wars to go on� Here is your answer: They have to make their transition to public power plausible. What would you do if one day you woke up and found out you didn�t live in Japan, or Scotland, or China anymore, but you lived in the �United Earth Federation�?

Thank you for your time.

-Christopher

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
lol, Is this the opening title to your NWO book? You really make to many assumptions. First assumption, the people of this planet are not destined to be part of a single unified anything for a long, long time. The change that you speak of is akin to "Star Trek" while this ideal may sound good or bad to you, the reality is totally opposite. The planet is becoming more populated and the established cultures all are trying to maintain their uniqueness; not unify. No force of this planet could unify a hemisphere in the next 100 years; let alone 20 years. You can invade a country, but the culture will still be maintained unless you kill every man, woman and child living there. The world is barely able to take any casualties of their own troops, let alone wholesale slaughter of entire populations.

Your other HUGE assumption is the speed of change. In the 1950's text books were talking of a utopian world of the future, where food was in the form of capsules, people flew back and forth in flying "cars," buildings were miles tall. This was all supposed to take place in the 1980's. Everyone likes to believe that they live in momentous times, that "these" days are the days that will change the course of humanity, that the future is now. History has shown that you are most assuredly wrong. For years I heard evangelists and survivalist preach that the world would be a nuclear wasteland because of war with the Soviet Union. People spent HUGE fortunes on shelters and the equipment needed to live post apocalypse. The far left thought war was inevitable at any moment. It never happened. They were all completely full of it.
Our time is a time when the French rail against McDonalds, Quebec is ready to secede from Canada because they want to be French. Blacks in America are still militantly fond of the African heritage. The Balkans are filled with ethnic problems that will never be solved. Look around, we are living in a time when unity is the last thing anyone wants. The NWO is a pipe dream.
Don't be afraid of it. It may eventually happen, but not in twenty years, more like a few thousand years.

Variable

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ok nice theory...i guess

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
That's an interesting theory. I have to side with Variable though and say not in my lifetime.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_Idealist
Picture this:

A utopian world. No crime, no hate, one super-nation, one world religion, and no freedom. Now rewind a few years, 20 or so. We have the United States of America (still) waging war on Iraq, the world economy is failing, and many small countries have fallen into states of total anarchy. A �new� political power rises up from nowhere. This political party has connections in the highest of places, terrorist organizations, and governmental influence. The works. Fast-forward 5 or 6 years, this organization has united the Middle East, and has united Asia, and most of Europe. America is at an all time low, while the rest of the world is prospering. The Political power lends a helping hand to America, because of this helping hand; America gets back on its feet, and becomes a superpower once more. The people of America remember those who helped them, and vote a representative of this political organization into the office of president. Fast-forward 8 years. The North American continent has been united, as well as most of central and South America. Those countries that refuse to conform are the most religious of countries, believing this to be the apocalypse. The political power tries diplomatically to assimilate these countries but they refuse, and are destroyed. A few more years into the future and we are once again at our Utopian world.

You might wonder how that political party might have such powerful connections the moment it appears. I will tell you how, that political party has had control over most the worlds� governments for some time. Now you might be wondering: �If they had control, why would they allow such wars to go on� Here is your answer: They have to make their transition to public power plausible. What would you do if one day you woke up and found out you didn�t live in Japan, or Scotland, or China anymore, but you lived in the �United Earth Federation�?

Thank you for your time.

-Christopher

ha ha ha you make me laugh

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
kind of sounds like a rip-off story of those "left behind" books.

except without mention of the antichrist.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
it would be nice, if people wern't power hungry bastards. it's always seemed like the NWO wants to take away everyones' civil liberties to me. am i wrong in thinking that?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Whoa, does this guy remind anyone of the user I'mTrainedForThis?? I don't know, it just kind of hit me when I finished reading his post, it sounds just like him.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
nice theory but i don't see it happening in my lifetime
ok post though

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Economic ruin will destroy the rest of the world before the United States falls to such an impoverished state that we have to ask another "power" for aid. We control a large portion of the resources required to make the worlds "markets" opperate. Without us, there is no markets for raw materials.

I would have to assume that at least 60% or more of the worlds wealth in stored in US banks. So since the US financial institution controls the bulk of the "real" tangible currency it is hard to say that any other power will rise up and become stronger then the US.

Sorry but your "insights" must be from a misguided individual that "thinks" the US is succeptible to collapse from outside pressures. While many industries rely on the export market of raw materials and goods to survive, the US population can be fed and sheltered and supplied with enough finished goods to not have to import anything from any other country. Will this hurt the US economy ?? Of course it would, thousands of people would be out of work, YES. Crime will go up, YES. Shortages of some goods, YES. Possibly the fall of Walmart due to the restriction of Chineese and Taiwaneese goods. Okay, thats what everyone wants right

join