It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. Obama's teleprompter strikes again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

President Obama’s speech at the National Academy of Sciences Monday morning hit a brief snag when Obama got ahead of his script.

Laying his plan for a President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology, Obama began to name the members of PCAST listed in his prepared remarks – before realizing he’d already introduced them, earlier in his speech.

“In addition to John – sorry, the – I just noticed I jumped the gun here,” Obama said, pausing for several seconds as he looked at the prompter. “Go ahead. Move it up. I had already introduced all you guys.”

The audience, which gave the president a warm reception, responded with a quiet laugh.

At least the teleprompter didn't tell him to thank himself again. This is the 2nd embarrassing teleprompter mishap within the last couple of months. Who knows...maybe the next mishap will be the telprompter telling Obama to declare war on Iran?

[edit on 27-4-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Who knows...maybe the next mishap will be the telprompter telling Obama to declare war on Iran?

Sorry, wasn't that the last president we were talking about with this? This admin. seems more open to other nations. A good thing? The Kernel doesn't know. He can tell a "hit piece" when he sees one though.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I wonder if Andrew Jackson, George Washington or Abraham Lincoln needed teleprompters to deliver their ( obviously not Obama's ) message. Surely people can see he is not the Messiah..but a very naughty boy

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I think his speeches would be a lot more interesting if they just scrolled his teleprompter on screen, and muted him.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

God how I wish I could have muted Bush.

What is it with you guys and the teleprompter?
Is that the best you can muster?
I mean, at least the guy can actually think on his feet when theres a glitch.
Bush couldn't even think lying down.
And god forbid he ever had to form a coherent thought on his own.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimstad

What do you mean? There was a glitch and Obama froze...he actually told the teleprompter to "Go ahead. Move it up." That is not exactly thinking on your feet.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
All this really proves is that Obama is not the gifted orator that he's been cracked up to be.

I can't tell you how many times people have sent me emails comparing Obama to charismatic orators of the past.

He's in my judgement neither charismatic nor a gifted orator.

However, to be a good president one need not be either, so I think that we'd all be better off accepting the fact that Obama uses a teleprompter and that he's not all that good at it, yet.

Beyond that I don't think that in the grand scheme of things it's all that important.

I don't want to be guilty of the petty nitpicking that characterized the Left during the last administration.

There are more important issue at hand.

[edit on 2009/4/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

What do you mean? There was a glitch and Obama froze...he actually told the teleprompter to "Go ahead. Move it up." That is not exactly thinking on your feet.

So what is it? He froze or he told the prompter operator to move it up.
He spotted his mistake and dealt with it in a very matter of fact manner.He very clearly said he got ahead of it. and corrected the problem.
No "fool me twice ya can't fool me again" or "a mind is a terrible thing to lose" or anything like that. He dealt with it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

So what is it? He froze or he told the prompter operator to move it up.
He spotted his mistake and dealt with it in a very matter of fact manner.He very clearly said he got ahead of it. and corrected the problem.
No "fool me twice ya can't fool me again" or "a mind is a terrible thing to lose" or anything like that. He dealt with it.

He did both. The had the "deer in the headlights" look, stumbled around for words, then got composure a few seconds later and attempted to make a joke and ask to move the teleprompter up.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimstad

Youre kidding me right, have you ever even seen any interviews with the guy when he doesnt have a prepared script? He fumbles , fidgets and stumbles around just as much as Bush did, or somtimes even worse. Mostly because hes trying to find a way to deflect and go around the questions like he usually does in his press conferences...only ......since he doesnt have a prepared retort for the questions.......hes unsuccessful .......

And no, its not the best we can do. All one has to do is look at the utter bullcrap bills hes slamming through while hes still in his honeymoon phase, to see exactly what a lot of people already knew.......hes not messiah, hes just another politician, only this one seems more hell bent on destroying the country.....

It almost seems like the last three presidents have some kind of running bet to see who can destroy the country the fastest while POTUS......

Who ever wins gets a huge stake in Europe.......since there wont be anything in the United States worth having......

Stay strong America, and fight the whole way

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Now THIS is some news you can get your teeth into.

Did anyone see it on tv, the footage of him as he really is --- a talking head? This character couldn't charm his way out of a paper bag. He was selected by the NWO because he represented everyman. He has been told what to do and say at every turn. I knew the first time I laid eyes on him there was something very-not-right about him.

Live and in color www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Obama's teleprompter struck again today!

www.breitbart.com...

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama sees his secretary of defense just about every day, but he still flubbed Robert Gates' name on Thursday.
Gates was in the crowd for Obama's national security speech. Pointing him out, the president said "William Gates" was on hand. Perhaps Obama was thinking of Bill Gates, the Microsoft billionaire.

Or PERHAPS Obama just blindly reads anything his teleprompter tells him to?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

What is it with you guys and the teleprompter?
Is that the best you can muster?
Bush couldn't even think lying down.
And god forbid he ever had to form a coherent thought on his own.

You bust on Bush about forming a "coherent thought", yet Obama is chained to his teleprompter. How's that forming a coherent thought? He just reads what's put in front of him. Reminds me of "Anchorman".

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Obama's teleprompter struck again today!

Heard Obama actually had an idea all on his own! Of course it died a fraction of a second later from loneliness.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Now Biden is in on the act!

www.foxnews.com...

Biden made the crack about Obama's crutch after a strong gust of wind blew over one of the vice president's Teleprompters. Biden was talking about Colorado's thin air at the time and when he heard the crash, he added, "and the strong winds."

Then he said: "What am I gonna tell the president when I tell him his Teleprompter is broken? What will he do then?"

The crowd laughed at the joke made at the expense of the absent president, who was in Las Vegas at the time.

Presumably, that line was not on the Teleprompter.

Gotta love Joe!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
OOOPS!

Constitution written 20 Centuries ago?

Chalk up another one for the teleprompter!

obamasgaffes.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Anyone who says there is no media bias for Obama has got to be living on another planet.

Can you imagine what would have happened if Bush declared the Constitution was written 2,000 years ago?

new topics

top topics

join