It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We will call it Mexico flu. We won't call it swine flu"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Swine flu not kosher in Israel

Swine flu? Not in the Jewish state.

"We will call it Mexico flu. We won't call it swine flu," Deputy Health Minister Yakov Litzman, a black-garbed Orthodox Jew, told a news conference on Monday, assuring the Israeli public that authorities were prepared to handle any cases.

Under Jewish dietary laws, pigs are considered unclean and pork is forbidden food -- although the non-kosher meat is available in some stores in Israel.

- Someone is again doing everything how THEY want...

Its very interesting to see if MSM soon will turn the name to "Mexico Flu!" - I think so because "Swine Flu" doesnt sound so much as what it really is, and to which news I am getting ready - Biowar attack.

maybe there comes a higly classified rumor from bioterror attack, and in that news name is changed to "Mexico Flu" ... Maybe.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
So this is what it has come to. Now, in making this religiously correct, aren't they doing something "politically incorrect" at the same time? Why not invent a new name for it, some sort of anagram or something (This was ment to be sarcastic)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
why not just call it Pig flu, i mean how many people say 'oh look a swine!'

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
It's not really the Swine Flu .. right?

Isn't it a hybrid of Swine/Avian/ and Human??

Calling it 'Mexican Flu' makes sense. It came from there.

But I'm sure the politically correct crowd wouldn't like it.

Perhaps we should call it ... 'Engineered Swine/Avian/Human Hybrid Weapon Flu' That's the most accurate, I'm sure.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
They can call it what they like..still doesnt alter the fact that it has pig DNA in it...ha ha ha

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
In 1918 they called the strain Spanish Flu.

In 2009, they will call it Mexican Flu.

The point of origination = naming convention.

Besides, it's their country so they can direct their own policy.

Must everything descend into a barely veiled anti-semitic tirade with you?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Why does it matter to you what they call it? It strikes me as odd that you're angry over Israel's choice to call the virus by a different name than that given to it by the MSM here in the west.

Certainly it's silly if true, renaming the virus based on their religious dietary law, but I think this thread has more to do with injecting a little undercurrent of anti-semitism into this most recent pandemic hysteria than an objection to religious practices.

And of course, the vast majority of you here on ATS will be all too happy to lap it up.

top topics

join