It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. swine flu cases have `pandemic potential

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

U.S. swine flu cases have `pandemic potential

www.miamiherald.com

NEW YORK -- As at least three more cases of the human swine influenza were confirmed in the United States on Saturday -- bringing the U.S. total to 11 -- the World Health Organization chief said the strain has ''pandemic potential'' and it may be too late to contain a sudden outbreak.

WHO Director-General Margaret Chan said the outbreak in Mexico and the United States constituted a ``public health emergency of international concern.''

Two cases of the human swine influenza have been confirmed in Kansas and one in California. Eight cases have also been identified in California and
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
this doesnt look good, i think people need to start preparing for whats coming, im for sure buying a 2 weeks supply of food and other stuff i think the media needs to start telling this to people before its too late.

www.miamiherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The coincidence between this outbreak in Mexico and the President's visit, as well as reports that one person that the President met with died shortly after the visit (from flu) must be at least investigated.

What are the odds of such a coincidence?

Anyone who meets with the President is usually screened by the secret service right?

What if?

This was an attempt to infect the president with a potentially lethal virus?

Perhaps created in a lab by a group opposed to the president, a group who planned to infect a person they knew would meet with the president?

No matter what the "coincidence" between the President's visit, the outbreak and the death of at least one person who met with the President must not be dismissed.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Lets hope that this swine flu spreads across the world and kills every single human in about two weeks.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NathanNewZealand

We do not need a virus that kills everyone, what we need is a virus that can kill the the weak and vulnerable. The poor, elderly and those with compromised immune systems, those who are a drain on the economy and global resources.

Not everyone, a specifically targeted virus is much more desired by those who secretly support a covert eugenics agenda.

/sarcasm

Seriously, if you are looking for a conspiracy theory there are many potential angles to pursue.

The only one that stands out to me is the coincidence between the president's visit and the outbreak (timing).

Something wasn't quite right in mexico, who, what, where and why may forever be a mystery to us.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I've been on a few sites and even googled the archeologist who died after meeting Obama and I"ve yet to see an article that confirms that this man died of Swine Flu.

He apparently was fine and died a few days later after meeting Obama.

Has there been an update on the cause of the mans death yet?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Fear mongering! I can't believe you guys are buying this crap, the "common" flu has killed more people this year than this thing. The media is just pumping this, the government is going to step in buy a vaccine from a biotech company that some congressional members have stock in through back channels, and a lot of corrupt people are going to profit all because everyone is panicking. This is just like "bird flu" and SARS...media fear mongering, and someone profits from the naive populace.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Not that I am aware of, as far as I can tell they are simply reporting that he died from (flu like symptoms).

The timing of the outbreak and the President's visit alone should be enough to raise some serious questions.

Whether it was swine flu that killed the man who met with the president or not it is still an odd coincidence.

White House has reported that the President was tested and has nothing to worry about... Later today the President will address the media and public on the outbreak... That should be at least interesting but likely not informative.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

For now this is the only report on it...

www.bloomberg.com...

Point of interest:

Obama’s Visit

The first case was seen in Mexico on April 13. The outbreak coincided with the President Barack Obama’s trip to Mexico City on April 16. Obama was received at Mexico’s anthropology museum in Mexico City by Felipe Solis, a distinguished archeologist who died the following day from symptoms similar to flu, Reforma newspaper reported. The newspaper didn’t confirm if Solis had swine flu or not.

I will bet you there will be little or no further updates on this news.

Or it will be minimized as a mere coincidence.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I swear the media will not be happy until there are pits full of bodies with soldiers in masks shoveling lime over the corpses, while in the background smoke rises from the remains of a city in chaos. Anyone who coughs in public gets shot, and other nightmare scenario's.

Every year flu strains sweep across the world, people die as a result, many are put in bed for weeks on end, and some people are lucky not to be affected.

Why do we now need the mainstream media panic? It strikes me that this is just another way TPTB use to keep people from seeing what is really going on, to distract people from their other crimes and abuses, keep people at home, doors locked, curtains drawn, wondering when the dreaded flu will take them away.

I have ask this question, "What are they trying to distract us from with the Flu "story"?"

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I was paramedic. My undergraduate education is in biochemistry and zoology. I have an AS in chemistry and a BS Biochem. The real fear here is not the disease itself. The disease will have a relatively low mortality rate. The big fear is P-A-N-I-C!

The impact on an already weak economy, panicked hording, rioting, and the potential for that all important 'government solution' which invariably makes it worse, are the real threats to our safety.

Take care people.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Reply to Walkswithfish

Thanks a lot for that info.
I've read elsewhere that he died of a heart attack but even then it still could have been brought on by "flu like symptoms" so potential Swine Flu still can't be ruled out.

I hope we do hear more about how this person died.
Although, if it's natural causes like a supposed "heart attack" there wouldn't be an autopsy anyway.

Guess we may never find out.

Edit to name poster who I was replying to.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

And you are sure that the new strain, never seen before, could not possibly kill very many as it continues to spread globally? Viruses can mutate as they spread from person to person. 1918 had swarms of "mild" symptoms before the major outbreak. People need to be cautious and down playing this is not a good way to handle this. Caution is not panic.

top topics

join