It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Greeted By Man in Mexico who Died the Following Day with Flu-like Symptoms!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
"Can humans catch swine flu?"

"Swine flu viruses do not normally infect humans. However, rare human infections with swine flu have occurred. In the past several years, CDC has received, on average, about one influenza virus isolate from a human that tests positive for swine flu each year. Most commonly, these cases occur in persons with direct exposure to pigs. In addition, there have been rare documented cases of one person spreading swine flu to others. For example, an outbreak of apparent swine flu infection in pigs in Wisconsin in 1988 resulted in multiple human infections, and, although no community outbreak resulted, there was antibody evidence of virus transmission from the patient to health care workers who had close contact with the patient."

"What are the public health implications of human infections with swine influenza viruses?"

"Human infections with animal influenza A viruses against which the human population has little immunity should be investigated to determine the source of infection, and the extent of spread and evidence of human-to-human transmission. Influenza A viruses new to the human population that are able to efficiently transmit from person to person and cause illness may represent a pandemic threat.

Although immunity to swine H1N1 viruses is low in the human population, a high proportion of persons occupationally exposed to pigs (such as pig farmers or pig veterinarians) have been shown in several studies to have antibody evidence of prior swine H1N1 flu infection. And, for swine H1N1 viruses, only rare person-to-person transmission has been documented in the past. Thus, human infections with swine H1N1 viruses should be investigated particularly when they are detected among nonoccupationally exposed persons to ensure that human-to-human transmission is not occurring and to monitor for changes in circulating viruses. Because most persons have some antibody to influenza H3N2 viruses since H3N2 viruses occur commonly in humans and because the swine and human H3N2 viruses are similar, swine H3N2 virus infections in humans would not represent a possible pandemic threat."

www.idph.state.il.us...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
"Human Swine Influenza Investigation
April 26, 2009 12:45 ET

Human cases of swine influenza A (H1N1) virus infection have been identified in the United States. Human cases of swine influenza A (H1N1) virus infection also have been identified internationally. The current U.S. case count is provided below.

U.S. Human Cases of Swine Flu Infection State # of laboratory
confirmed cases
California 7 cases
Kansas 2 cases
New York City 8 cases
Ohio 1 case
Texas 2 cases
TOTAL COUNT 20 cases
International Human Cases of Swine Flu Infection
See: World Health Organization
As of April 26, 2009 9:00 AM ET

Investigations are ongoing to determine the source of the infection and whether additional people have been infected with swine influenza viruses.

CDC is working very closely with officials in states where human cases of swine influenza A (H1N1) have been identified, as well as with health officials in Mexico, Canada and the World Health Organization. This includes deploying staff domestically and internationally to provide guidance and technical support. CDC has activated its Emergency Operations Center to coordinate this investigation.

Laboratory testing has found the swine influenza A (H1N1) virus susceptible to the prescription antiviral drugs oseltamivir and zanamivir and has issued interim guidance for the use of these drugs to treat and prevent infection with swine influenza viruses. CDC also has prepared interim guidance on how to care for people who are sick and interim guidance on the use of face masks in a community setting where spread of this swine flu virus has been detected. This is a rapidly evolving situation and CDC will provide new information as it becomes available."

www.cdc.gov...

Also from the World Health Organization:
"Influenza-like illness in the United States and Mexico
24 April 2009 -- The United States Government has reported seven confirmed human cases of Swine Influenza A/H1N1 in the USA (five in California and two in Texas) and nine suspect cases. All seven confirmed cases had mild Influenza-Like Illness (ILI), with only one requiring brief hospitalization. No deaths have been reported.

The Government of Mexico has reported three separate events. In the Federal District of Mexico, surveillance began picking up cases of ILI starting 18 March. The number of cases has risen steadily through April and as of 23 April there are now more than 854 cases of pneumonia from the capital. Of those, 59 have died. In San Luis Potosi, in central Mexico, 24 cases of ILI, with three deaths, have been reported. And from Mexicali, near the border with the United States, four cases of ILI, with no deaths, have been reported.

Of the Mexican cases, 18 have been laboratory confirmed in Canada as Swine Influenza A/H1N1, while 12 of those are genetically identical to the Swine Influenza A/H1N1 viruses from California."

www.who.int...

[edit on 26-4-2009 by azureskys]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Thank you azureskys! Great links, very informtative and speaks, I think to Blaine's issue of their being no proper scientific data.

Blaine, if you are still around, I am interested to hear what your take-away from azure's links is.

I am still trying to parse them myself to see if they are holding up the case for this being a highy anamoulous strain.

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I am surprised, really surprised that this thread hasn't gotten the responses flags and stars it deserves?

What is up with that?

Surely, this is food for more thought and it seems too coincidental for something like this to happen. I personally think this is a very dangerous situation, and if Obama is privy to drugs or medicine we aren't, then people should raise a stink so loud that the gov has to listen.

There can be no denying that the flu is the same, the guy died the next day!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well, anyway it is good that the virus is very aggressive, those who are infected and dont get treatment seem to die very fast. A more intelligent virus would infect a host and then try to stay alive for as long as possible before killing the host, that way it can infect many more i.e "live on".

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

What should I do if I get sick? If you live in San Diego County or Imperial County California or Guadalupe County, Texas and become ill with influenza-like symptoms, including fever, body aches, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, or vomiting or diarrhea, you may want to contact their health care provider, particularly if you are worried about your symptoms. Your health care provider will determine whether influenza testing or treatment is needed.

what if you don't have this...."health provider"....

aren't them supposed to be called "HOSPITALS?"

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by reugen

It seems the gestation period is 1-3 days, and that is when is most highly communicable as well.

Although I reserve the right to say something different at any moment, as the story seems to keep changing or 'refocusing'.

It seems impossible to even get consistent set of 'facts' about the difference between the strain that is in the U.S. and the one in Mexico City. It seemd to me that was being clearly touted on Friday, and now you are not hearing much more offical specualtion about that difference...

I personally feel that something is afoot and we are all dancing around it, or seeing it in parts. The easiest time to get info is in the beginning of these kinds of manufactured events. After that the story gets sanitized and everyone starts telling the same one, i.e. 9/11...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well has our president come down with any symptoms ? No.

Ok then people in power and in our gov probably have access to a cure for it or a vaccine might be a better word.

He would never be worried about coming down with it because it could be taken care of instantly.

If he backs out of going there, then people might be suspicious so he goes through with it knowing that it exists but because of who he is and who he knows, he is not at risk.

The above is a possible scenario which I think may have occurred.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by reugen

What was the purpose of his visit to the mexican museum of anthropology ? What do they have there that is so very interesting that the US president during global economic chaos decided to take a day off for sightseeing?

I'll tell you why he went to the museum.
The dinner held in honor of Obama was held in the museum.
Nothing strange there. And of course, the now deceased director of the museum greeted him there.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by talisman

Please stop disinforming!
The guy did NOT die the next day. He died on Apr. 23rd of unrelated causes.
No conspiracy there.
Geez!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Barack Obama is Randall Flagg, plain and simple!

Kinda wierd that I've been reading 'The Stand' again, since a couple of weeks ago, long before I heard anything about the swine flu.
Collective consciousness much?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by haika

Originally posted by talisman

Please stop disinforming!
The guy did NOT die the next day. He died on Apr. 23rd of unrelated causes.
No conspiracy there.
Geez!

I don't believe this flu outbreak is part of a conspiracy either but neither do I think we can say that, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Felipe Solis' death was not caused by Swine Flu.

He had "flu like symptoms," prior to his death. The reports are that this doesn't appear to be Swine Flu-related but its not been absolutely eliminated at this point.

Here is what I am concerned about. I don't believe President Obama has been seen publicly since early last week. Maybe that's not that unusual? I was surprised he didn't appear yesterday during the CDC Press conference because it has been his style to be very visibly out front of any crisis situation.

I'm sure my worries will be dispelled over the next couple of days when he does appear publicly but until I see him I am very concerned...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Obama is speaking right now at the National Academy of Sciences so my fears were unfounded.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalwarrior

What should I do if I get sick? If you live in San Diego County or Imperial County California or Guadalupe County, Texas and become ill with influenza-like symptoms, including fever, body aches, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, or vomiting or diarrhea, you may want to contact their health care provider, particularly if you are worried about your symptoms. Your health care provider will determine whether influenza testing or treatment is needed.

what if you don't have this...."health provider"....

aren't them supposed to be called "HOSPITALS?"

No if you have the symptoms you do as you would with any cold or flu. You contact your doctor/health provider. If he thinks it is serious enough he will tell you when to go to the hospital.

Hospitals deal with emergencies. If you go into a hospital complaining of routine cold/flu symptoms you will be the there a very long time .

If you didn't have it before you came you are increasing your chances of getting it with every second you sit in that emergency room.

If the hospital is under siege from people coming in with flu symptoms you will be quarantined and that is something you want to avoid unless you are sure you have the flu. That is why it is important that your doctor is making the decisions.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

According to www.artdaily.org, Dr. Solis died of cardiac arrest on Thursday, April 23, 2009. There is a photo of Dr. Solis, a biography, and other information related to the museum and exhibits that he had been involved in. I remember him in documentaries aired on channels Sci Fi, History Channel, and Discovery.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kuriouskitty

I think that this story keeps changing adds to the element of conspiracy here. There are far more papers around the world reporting, and sticking with, thus far, the story as bloomberg reported it on Saturday (they in turn where parsing a mainstream Mexican newspaper).

It was even reported on The Hill.com with WH officials confirming to the Senate & Congressional publication that not only:

Those who have succumbed to the disease include Felipe Solis, a well-known archaeologist who welcomed Obama to a Mexico City museum during the president's trip last week.

but also, contradicting themselves and changing up this part of the story.

(Robert) Gibbs (Press Secretary) said the president had not been tested, but White House advisor Valerie Jarrett seemed to confirm earlier reports that Obama had been tested, and tests came back negative.

"He's fine. He's just fine," advisor Valerie Jarrett told CNN's John King.

Link to article

I do not think the issue here is whether our President is going to fall ill with this flu from that encounter, but how it happened, why it happened, why the story keeps changing adding to that all of the other elements dicussed thus far.

From my POV there are many more questions and flags being raised here by these changing stories.

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Human cases of swine influenza A (H1N1) virus infection have been identified in the United States. Human cases of swine influenza A (H1N1) virus infection also have been identified internationally. The current U.S. case count is provided below.

An investigation and response effort surrounding the outbreak of swine flu is ongoing.

CDC is working very closely with officials in states where human cases of swine influenza A (H1N1) have been identified, as well as with health officials in Mexico, Canada and the World Health Organization. This includes deploying staff domestically and internationally to provide guidance and technical support.

CDC activated its Emergency Operations Center to coordinate the agency's response to this emerging health threat and yesterday the Secretary of the Department Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano, declared a public health emergency in the United States. This will allow funds to be released to support the public health response. CDC's goals during this public health emergency are to reduce transmission and illness severity, and provide information to assist health care providers, public health officials and the public in addressing the challenges posed by this newly identified influenza virus. To this end, CDC has issued a number of interim guidance documents in the past 24 hours. In addition, CDC's Division of the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) is releasing one-quarter of its antiviral drugs, personal protective equipment, and respiratory protection devices to help states respond to the outbreak. Laboratory testing has found the swine influenza A (H1N1) virus susceptible to the prescription antiviral drugs oseltamivir and zanamivir. This is a rapidly evolving situation and CDC will provide updated guidance and new information as it becomes available.
This is from the official site of the Center for Disease Control. the link is www.cdc.gov/swineflu it has very interesting stuff concerning it and lists of what states have been hit and how many in each state that's confirmed as of right now.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Not to worry, I just heard the united states has stock piles of antibiotics that confront this specific flu.

Plus I bet there is more then likely special medical knowledge out there that is specifically administered to leaders, that we don't have access to.

Are you being serious? Antibiotics don't treat flu, it requires antivirals. If the media actually said antibiotics for treating this flu, then it's just another reason not to trust the disinfo.

I think they do have something for it because all signs point to it being bio-engineered, and of course they will have something for protection just in case, and of course it will only be available to the higher ups. They will give us some crap that gives us nerve damage (see 1976 breakout) if things get bad.

Oh yeah, great topic btw. It is an interesting coincidence, and we shall see what happens. If this is an "assassination", all hell will break loose.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by CapsFan8]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Iago18

and the fact Obama is a physically fit healthy man with the best healthcare in the world. Oh AND the fact that even if infected he would be pumped full of the crap they give to us.. besides he is clearly healthy.. there are pics and videos of him running with his dog and playing golf.

with not a care in the world... erm.. terrorism,economic crisis, immigration, potential pandemic, nuclear threats, tensions with China,N Korea and Iran.. thats just a short list...

you guys VOTED for him in... *sigh* he's the same as every politician..promising change but deliver f**k all.. hell even the tory toffs are now saying "Vote for Change" i mean jesus..change? yeah right!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join