It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWINE FLU a possible HEADFAKE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I hate to theorize something like this when people have lost their lives to it ... but ...something doesn't seem quite right...

conflicting reports and wide MSM coverage,,, the DOW holding steady...

Could this be a "chicken little" attempt to discredit those that have been predicting this ?? ... Alex Jones etc ..?? so that the MSM can later say "see... all of these conspiracy theorists get alll worked up about nuttin"....

and then later when something substantial and deadly gears up or takes place... control and liability can be maintained or shifted...?

that is the feeling I'm getting....

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If you read my post in the other Mexico swine flu thread you may already know that the documents about these cases and others which I've received at work conflict greatly with what is being spread through the MSM.

I am frustrated by the abundance of discrepancies I am seeing. This is not normal. Usually we receive information very much identical to what is being spouted off in what is considered 'reputable' media in this country, plus some 'special' extra details and data which is not made public, to prepare us for keeping things organized in the community and surrounding areas if there were an outbreak locally, and other things that I won't bore you with. (These isn't 'top secret!!!!' or anything spectacular, but material prepared for government workers at my level. I can only wonder what they are hearing higher up....)

Now, this time, not only does this information conflict in some major ways (concerning the nature of the virus itself, and its source, specifically) but despite some of what may be considered 'alarming' information, the rest is diminished, trivialized, minimized....in my perception...and greatly so.
Their standard is usually to go for 'overkill' on these matters, and maybe that is to make sure we take it seriously and our roles as described in protocol for outbreaks, but sometimes I wonder if it's just some tactic to manipulate us with fear lol....I don't know. Anyway...it's just quite odd/different this time around.

I'm not so sure I understand what you think may be the reason for conflicting information that is being spread.
I'm sure there are much broader, much more effective ways to both discredit the conspiracy 'nutters', distract from the information and whistle-blowing out there, and, at whichever point it is deemed necessary, also maintain or alter the paths of control/liability concerning planned outbreaks, if such a thing exists.

But who knows, I'm no expert here.

In the end, I hope more than anything that this situation is being blown out of proportion, as that might possibly mean fewer people are harmed than we suspect will be.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This seems like a huge downplay effort by the media.

Either way, I'm thinking about going out right now to buy some Tamiflu before the shelfs dry up.

I also read that Mexico has confirmed the virus is an Avian and Swine combination making it deadly and airborne. The worst possible type.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by sticky]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sticky
This seems like a huge downplay effort by the media.

Either way, I'm thinking about going out right now to buy some Tamiflu before the shelfs dry up.

I also read that Mexico has confirmed the virus is an Avian and Swine combination making it deadly and airborne. The worst possible type.

Okay, if you've read that, or anyone else, I want the link, source to this NOW!

Not criticizing, just if this is the case, I want to see it, then prepare. You should understand mate. I mean Sh if this is airborne and deadly, it's probably watching the movie Quarentine, but without the Motel, or anything protective

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I just made a midnight run to the Super Walmart.

They have N-95 masks for 2/$4.00. They don't hold many in stock, as they don't sell many.

Vitamin C, chewable for the kids, antibacterial handsoap, and bleach.

Just this past January, a friend of mine (since grade school) died of SARDS. It was a complication due to the flu, and the doctors are baffled to this day. He was a teacher in in Chicago Public schools, for what it's worth.

He got sick on a Sunday, checked into the E.R. the following Monday (8 days later) was dead by Thursday.

I'm not taking chances.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I will find it.. one second.. ill edit this..

This is to know that I am getting it.. I've been all over the web, reading everything. BRB

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

i think this link used to have an image of the virus under microscope. freaking wierd, i swear these news stories are evolving..

I know there was another one saying the same thing.

A/H1N1 type

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
THIS IS CRAP, I swear I read a website that had a picture of it through a microscope showing the deadly Mexican version.

I don't know what to say. I can't seem to find the wording I was certain I saw.

now I keep reading "Mexico hasn't released what type it is".. grrrr

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
maybe I can help, it's a Canadian source, but ...

The virus is an influenza A virus, carrying the designation H1N1. It contains DNA from avian, swine and human viruses, including elements from European and Asian swine viruses, said the CDC, which is already working on a vaccine.

Source

quoted section is near the end of the article

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I'm just glad I made a steady investment on gas mask for me, my girlfriend and father.

If this thing picks up, I'm going to wear mine like some kind of crazy guy.

I feel to much is going on in this world, and is going to happen. I want to witness it. Not die from a pig or bird flu. How lame to die from the bird flu, and we can't even fly.

No way am I letting some punk virus be the cause of my demise.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
yeah, I made a little math when I woke up and compared the numbers of killed by the flu every year worldwide (250 000 - 500 000) and than the 68 victims of the "swine flu" in a few weeks time in one country does not look that serious to alarm whole world about it. there are over 100 mln Mexicans so from average there should be circa 20 deaths caused by the flu per day in that country.

so why we have a bells on? I can imagine why is it happening in Mexico - they have a serious economical problems and a domestic war against drug cartels. but why the alarm is worldwide?

I see two possibilities - some pharma corp is close with the shot. they do have a powerful lobby to make a good PR for their products.
or the government decided to use any possibility to spread fear to let people change the focus from the dirty deals they make in the financilal world.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Here's another possibility.

Suppose the stock market is on the verge of collapse, along with the banks and numerous states, maybe even the federal government. When this collapse occurs, everything will stop, even currently profitable businesses (you can't run a business if all the banks are closed). Imagine everyone suddenly unemployed. Even if you have cash in your pocket, you won't even be able to buy groceries. Now, what do you suppose would immediately happen? Martial Law, right? Yet, who would abide by THAT, especially if you are hungry and starving. And, are their enough law enforcement officers and soldiers in this country to enforce martial law? NOT! People would be out in the streets freaking out, rioting, destroying, etc., ... ... unless they were too afraid to go out because of a plague reportedly sweeping around the globe. Right?

Wouldn't a plague come in handy as a means to enforce martial law? I would certainly think so.

Whatever the heck is going on, it's probably a good idea that everyone stock up on food and whatever else they might need, in order to be able to quarantine yourselves for a while, maybe for a few months, JUST IN CASE.

There's something very suspicious going on in this world. We are definitely headed to some kind of showdown as the economy continues to crash, an unstoppable crash at this point in time now. Do what you need to do NOW in order to survive the worst which is yet to come. Who knows what will happen, but one thing is for sure, something is going to happen, there is no avoiding a worldwide economic crash at this point in time. This sudden appearance of this potential plague, even if it's not as fatal or contagious as they have been making it out to be, could be either something intentional, or even unintentional, that they could take advantage of, to further scare us all, which is what they've been doing to us all for the last number of years now. FEAR is tool they have been using for some time now to implement all these restrictions on our freedom, and a plague is something I'm sure they will use to take further advantage of us all.

top topics

join