It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Aliens Landed On The Whitehouse Lawn Tonight I would Still Have To Get Up And Go To Work Tomorrow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

You would be very lucky if you were ALLOWED to do all those so-called boring things.

Those things indicate that you have a loving family (or at least a family).

A lot of people have no family, no anything.

Do you think they would be joking about aliens?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
This thread is a total waste of time. No one wants to hear you ramble on about IF aliens were to land at the White House.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I have the perfect solution, declare an International First Contact Day Holiday for the day after contact so that everyone can sit at home and watch Sky News/BBC News24/CNN etc. Obviously the seenstials would have to keep going ie water/gas/electric but it wouldbe a Christmas time rota job. That would then allow everyone to make their own arrangements, whether it be a huge party or stocking up on supplies and heading for the hills.

Me? Well if they land on Friday night i would be laughing as i dont work weekends unless on overtime. if it was on a weekday, i would had straight to my Father's house for the first 24 hours anyway. Because if they turn out to be hostile, i would rather be with family if i was about to die. I would not go into work the first day.

HOWEVER if you beleive that Disclosure is taking place on May 31st as per the other thread, than i wont have to go into work anyway as i will be recovering from surgery!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants
And then I'd have to come home and cook dinner and pick a few things up from the store and do the laundry and the next day I'd go to work again so I could pay my bills and take care of my family.Of course I'd watch some TV in my spare time to learn about the aliens...but basically my life would just go on as usual. Same as everyone else. And that's about all that would happen.

True! But everybody else will go crazy anyway as there is not only the world of "the regular guy" out there. There are alot of different people that have much worse situations than living to work and pay bills. and there is also alot of activits, people from military, politicians and more people greedy and arrogant that will change that thing in a new "excuse" for some stupid war.

So yes you'll be waking up and go work and all the rest. The question is when you will end having no work anymore cause of some infinite series of consequences that made this world even worse than before.

But it can also happen it will turn out positive. who knows?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I dont think you would have to get up and go to work tomorrow. Too many people would freak out. I would look at it as a slight vacation and relax for a bit.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
True that topic creator, true that. Aliens probably don't want to harm us, if they did they would have already, why wait until we'll potentially able to defend ourselves with nuclear warheads instead of just taking over say a hundred years ago when we would have been pretty much defenseless? Or lets say 200, or 300, or 400 when we would have been like little ants to them. They just don't want to harm us or they would have already.

And don't tell me maybe they just invented space travel recently... please. IT would take far longer than just a 100 years for them to do all that AND get to Earth.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Also there would only be mass murdering and suicides if the media coverage of the event was really screwed up and portrayed the message that these aliens are violent and looking to invade and take over our planet, only then would the masses start killing themselves and each other.

Remember War of the Worlds radio broadcast? Kind of like that.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
[edit on 26-4-2009 by game over man]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The mass murder thing is a little far fetched, sorry.

If aliens landed on the White House lawn, work and schools would stop, it would be on every channel, all over the world. It would be a big day, a celebration.

What worries me a little; if alien technology gets in the hands of terrorists. That would be a time to panic. I have a feeling that it is a possibility, that different alien races are in contact with one country and only one country. Supposedly there are many different types of aliens visiting Earth. Our planet is very diverse with many cultures. There could be aliens that share similarities with certain cultures here on Earth.

There could be an alien race working with the terrorists.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Look at it this way...the disclosure project had over 400 credible witnesses testify at a national press conference...we still go to work. We have countless pictures and testimony from all over the world. We still go to work. Nothing can change because of a fear of loss of control.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
If ETs land on the lawn, then yes I'd probably go into work the next day just as usual, because ET won't be paying for my mortgage or my groceries. Really, after a day or two most people will realize the same thing.

But I sure hope that Halloween that year has some fabulous parties!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

Good thread,I know one thing,that next day at work wouldn't be the same and would go down in history forever!I for one bet you wouldn't have work and think all non essential jobs would be cancelled due to a "holiday".I know I would heavily debate going to work.

As far as feeding and clothing myself?I think our new found friends would have easy technical answers to that and you better get a hobby!

I wouldn't be surprised though,I know it is coming someday,I know they are already here and have been.

But as far as your job,I think that would seriously be the ast thing on your mind in this hypothetical scenario.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well unless aliens come down and spell out for humanity the way it's going to be from then on, and have the entire monetary system of the world shut down...your going back to work.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If they landed on the WH lawn, the 1st thing that would happen is that some stupid human would shoot at them, then we would spend the rest of the time trying to justify the intergalactic war we just started

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

LOL too true I am certain it would go against someones GOD and they would consider the ET's the devil and therefore must be destroyed. I would almost put money on it we will fire the first shot as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join