It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having a problem with the editing of posts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This is the original post at 11:26am

[edit on 24-4-2009 by metamagic]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
from the above, I'm assuming your post is within the 1-2 hour time frame for edits, so what kind of error message are you getting?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Now I'm posting the results of this little exercise.

I've documented the problem with a series of screen captures.

ats1.png: The original web post for testing purposes.

ats2.png: The edit screen after selecting the “edit” feature on the post. Notice the only two options I can see are “Edit” and “Preview”

ats3.png: After editing the post, same two options.

ats4.png Selecting Preview takes me here. I see no option to publish, just he same two buttons as before. If I select “preview” I wind up back at this same screen.

ats5.png: But if I select “edit” my edits are thrown away and I have my original post back with a tag saying I edited it.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
All of the edits were within minutes of the original post. It seems to me that I should see a cancel or publish button at some point in the process. If these options are there somewhere then they are buried away somewhere and I don't see them.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Sorry ats4.png was wrong, that was the preview page before the edits.. the actual preview page did show the edits. I uploaded the wrong image

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There is no "cancel" or "publish" button

When you click on "edit" and the post opens up and you make your changes, you click "edit" again and your edit should take.

you seem to be doing everything right with the exception of looking for buttons that don't exist.

try editing a reply to this thread, and add in some numbers or something and see if takes.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
That's the problem: As you can see, the first test post says it's been edited twice but my edits are not there -- it's the original post. I've done this countless times trying to edit my real posts and I always wind up with my original post sans edits.

xxxxxxx

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
More information for you.

It does work as long as you don't preview. If you just edit then press edit the edits show up, but if you go to preview to see your edits then press edit, your edits get thrown away. Didn't notice that since I ALWAYS preview my edits.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
ahh, since I NEVER preview my edits
I've never experienced that issue, I will go on and forward this glitch to admin so that they are aware of it...so until they fix the glitch, don't use the preview, just edit and if you made a mistake, edit again.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
You obviously have far more faith in your grammar and spelling that I.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I can't seem to edit my posts at all. The edit button that used to be in the top right corner is gone.

What's the deal? Anyone have a clue?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

Depends how old the posts are.... i think the edit button "disappears" after about 12 hours.

new topics

top topics

join