It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe human beings have the ability to jump timelines?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
If you believe in Everett/Wheeler Many Worlds theory, we are selecting timelines all the time, for example, there's a world where I never bothered to write this post, where I stayed home today, where I never moved here to Hong Kong, where I never decided to miss the plane to Shanghai at the last minute, where yadda yadda yadda. So according to Many-Worlds, which is fairly well known now, reality is branching off continually.

Is this a good model for how things work?

Take meditation, the Law of Attraction and Positive thinking. Which of the following statements is more accurate?

A) I meditated today, sent out some good energy into the world and successfully manifested the job/girlfriend/event I was picturing.

OR

B) I meditated today, focussed on a particular timeline and successfully coupled with/hooked onto the one reality out of many in which I have the job/girlfriend/event I was picturing.

Fred Alan Wolf is a very accessible and engaging quantum physicist. He's written about this subject a lot. He's written some great essays here:

www.fredalanwolf.com...

I believe this is one of the biggest mysteries of our time.

Any ideas?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

Do you believe human beings have the ability to jump timelines?

Honest answer.... No! It's all theoretical at best. Most likely it's all science fiction but hey, it inspires the imagination and gives Hollywood a few more script options.

IRM

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I believe that there are an infinite amount of possibilities that could happen at any one smallest amount of time, but as far as making an infinite amount of timelines...no.

In the way we perceive time, there is only one string and that is what is happening currently. And I as I type currently, it goes flying into the past, which can only be recalled as a memory or recording, not as an acutal reality.

Our perception is linear. Regardless of the choices you or I or anyone makes, we are only experiencing the current. Our actions can make a difference in what could have been, or course, but it's still a singular timeline.

My opinion.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

The possibility of several time lines or alternate realities is intriguing.

I'd love to believe it, but it smacks of shoulda, woulda, coulda, to get away from the fact of reality we are in now.

If it were possible to jump timelines, I think this one would be empty of a lot of souls, since this is not a pretty timeline to be in at the moment.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
On the quantum level all things are possible.
Our limited perception of reality will probably never allow us to experience anything like what you describe, in any way, except the most theoretical realms of abstract mathematics.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Hi ya all

I have a story that is interesting for this topic....just take it for what you will.

Last year I witnessed my mother having visions during a near death experience on June 20th (summer solstice). The story is here at ATS and the Media vault.

I witnessed her experiencing/seeing herself in a past life during the days of Jesus and Pilate, her seeming to travel back in time and seeing the Pyramids while they were still being built and seeing the Sphinx as if was brand new.

After witnessing this experience, I realized a couple of months later, to be exact, that I had been thinking throughout this time span, from the day of her experience until 2 months later-that I was 33 going to be 34 Aug. 30. I realized soon before my birthday that I could remeber telling people at the hospital in June when she almost past that I was 33 yrs. old. I kept thiking I was 33 going on 34, even while making plans for my birthday in early August, I could remeber being so sure I was 33 yrs old. When I realised this, the first thought that came to my mind was time had bent, or something was bent or altered....that had to do with a change in time or soemthing. SEE it is so hard to put into words.

The day I realized that I was only 32 still and going on 33 was the day mom came home from the hospital from her recovery. I thought that was strange too....it was like the moment she came home, it hit me that all that time I was thinking I as 33.

I think I witnessed her in a place where time was not time like what we think....she could be in any time frame just like that. And I think my age confussion could of been a sign of that in a weird way.

Not sure if this means much to anyone, but ever since then, I really think time jumping is possible....because somewhere....time is not a issue.

Peace,
LV

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
No, because human beings are not as special as we wish we were.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
People just don't want to believe that ALL our lives are is just random events, nothing else and none of it really matters in the end, we all lose.

top topics

join