It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven People in U.S. hit by Strange New Swine Flu

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by burntheships
I am repeating...I have a Question

Why are they vaccinating in Mexico? 04/24/2009 UPDATE:
There is no vaccine, but doctors say some newer medications like Tamiflu have been effective so far.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

There is a vaccine for swine flu that was given out during the Ford administration. It was linked to a rare illness that caused paralysis in human beings called Guillain-Barré syndrome. There were reports of people dropping dead from heart attacks minutes after getting the shot. I think in all 20 or so million were inoculated in the U.S. I'm guessing that might be what these people in Mexico are being given. I don't have a source, i read this years ago in a colliers encyclopedia volume...sorry.

Yes that is true the incident you posted...I had also posted that Here

In 1976 a new strain of swine flu started infecting people and worried U.S. health officials started widespread vaccination. More than 40 million people were vaccinated. But several cases of Guillain-Barre syndrome, a severe and sometime fatal condition that can be linked to come vaccines, caused the U.S. government to stop the program. The incident led to widespread distrust of vaccines in general

Scroll to the end of the article
www.alertnet.org...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The idea of a flu virus containing fragments from swine, avian, and human flu is not at all unusual or strange. These viruses do this all the time. When different types of flu reside in a host, they can exchange DNA with each other, often resulting in such hybrids or mutations or whatever you want to call them.

Flu is a highly adaptable virus that is constantly mutating, even from one person to another. That's one reason why flu shots are seldom good for more than a year or two. By that time, the viruses have mutated so much that the body simply doesn't recognize them any more.

The H1N1 flu is worrisome because it is believed to be the type responsible for the great Flu Pandemic of 1917-1918. This pandemic wiped out millions of people - some estimates go as high as 100 million people. That's more than the number of people killed in all the wars of the 20th Century. Since the population back then was around 1.6 billion, the higher estimate would have meant over 5% of the world's population died. Even at the lower figures, it would have been a significant percentage. A similar death rate now would kill close to half a billion people worldwide.

What makes that flu frightening is that it was extremely contagious, unusually virulent, and attacked the healthy, young people the hardest. We still don't know what made that pandemic so deadly, but when authorities see an H1N1 variety, they get nervous. Their thinking is that it's not a matter of whether there will be another pandemic; but when it will come.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Hm, sorry i missed your post. Your question does remain unanswered though. The problem being the virus itself is a mutation right? Considering this the vaccine would be of little use (if it was truly of any use at all). Now furthermore, if there is a vaccine effective against this virus already (which is said to be a combo of human/pig/bird flu) then it stands those who created the vaccine had access to this "freak" mutation BEFORE infections. Unless they perfected this shot in less then three weeks it's the only conclusion i can draw. They could just be lying though.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Good idea, but stopping flights won't help us at all. They (our government) allow them to simply walk, swim, or be smuggled in the back of a truck across our borders. That's why so many Americans are so upset about our lax border control. Besides They've already brought it over, too late to stop it now, but i sure hope the rest of the world shuts down their flights.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Seven people have been diagnosed with a new kind of swine flu in California and Texas, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported on Thursday.

All seven people have recovered but the virus itself is a never-before-seen mixture of viruses typical among pigs, birds and humans, the CDC said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

OMG they recovered. Run for the hills!!!!!1

No less than 3 items on the front listings on ATS for it, now thats scary.. really..

Sorry to sound ignorant about it, we all know what to deny you know.. but it just doesn't sound that drastic...

meh..

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

No problem...just backing you up there...and to clarify to all posters and readers, there is NO VACCINE for this new mutation, and previous vaccinations are of no benefit.

It is suspicous that anyone would be administering vaccinations to those in Mexico, as they have nothing for this strain!

NO VACCINE SEE HERE

HERE

and Here

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
it takes almost a year to create a vaccine that works , so if they already have a vaccine .............

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Righto ban all international flights into Australia

We don't want this stinking mutated flu coming here

Quarantine matters!

Yessir.. Oh but wait, another boat is on it's way and if we don't jump, they just might set themselves aflame..

You look after the planes, Rudd will keep the boats at arms keep. Just you watch.

*cough* * sniffle* *woof* huh?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I am repeating...I have a Question

Why are they vaccinating in Mexico? 04/24/2009 UPDATE:
There is no vaccine, but doctors say some newer medications like Tamiflu have been effective so far.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

All right. Start Googling, who has stocks in Tamiflu?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by h8red42

Exactly, if they already have a vaccine this is no freak mutation. Obviously someone knew it was occurring or, worse yet, made it occur.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by trig_grl

You just may have hit on something there. Maybe what's spreading is the missing flu sample from the 57 epidemic and they're just saying it's the swine flu to cover their butts for losing it. Funny out of two missing shipments, one just happens to be the one meant to go to Mexico, and that's where it started. Let's keep an eye out for any outbreaks in Lebanon, or Israel, since the second missing shipment was destined for Lebanon.

Edit to add; And maybe that's how Mexico is able to vaccinate.

[edit on 4/24/2009 by chise61]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
On the live CDC briefing an hour or so again the guy speaking mentioned something about moves to create a new vaccine targetted for the disease that is breaking out. They start off with something called a "seed" vaccine which is quite a general vaccine I guess then they can "update" that to target something more specific. He alluded to the possibility of talks with vaccine maufacturers to start producing something en masse.

Whatever they are doling out now must just be some very basic vaccine which is something they are simply hoping may help, a kind of stand in until something better is created. I'm not saying this to dismiss the idea that vaccines per se are unsafe but to point out it can be inferred that as yet there is NO vaccine for this specific strain of disease.

How many people actually died from vaccines in the last type of swine virus I wonder compared to how many people may actually have been saved by it ? Just wondering. I know in the USA there are some sort of laws in place to make taking a vaccination mandatory in the event of a pandemic but as far as I know there's no such legislation in the UK....what about elsewhere ?

I guess we'd soon enough find out if the vaccine they develop is deadly in some way as won't people react badly to it rather soonish if they are going to react at all ? And then won't this news spread and prevent alot of people from going ahead with a vaccination ? And won't there be a load of people around the globe who won't be vaccinated anyway so potentially could die if this becomes pandemic ? I'm just wondering if they would really NEED to deliberately contaminate vaccines as enough people won't bother getting one anyway so therefore loads might die anyway ?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dingleberry77
reply to post by Chadwickus

Don't worry mate, nothing is coming through our border control.

I tried to bring in a bag of M&M's the other week and i was given the riot act.

Oh you silly boy.. Coming via actual legal means.. Coh..

You need to speak to the M&M smugglers, they know how to get in here no questions asked.

A short holiday off the coast of WA and viola, hav-a house next to me, I sure love M&M's... Mhhhhmm Mhhhmm....

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

No less than 3 items on the front listings on ATS for it, now thats scary.. really..

There are too many odd things about this not to find it both fascinating and scary.

The people that are dying are in Mexico. Now suppose this makes it to all the third world countries? Imagine the death toll then.

Still, I hope your right. I pray to God our imaginations are running wild and this turns out to be just a blip in the track of time.

If you're wrong though, I would rather have the latest information at my disposal, than get the sniffles and think it's nothing.

Whats odd for me is I get the flu once a year,every year. I make some hot toddies and curl up with a book or something and usually get over it in a day or two.

I didn't get the flu this year. Not yet anyway,

(Oh GREAT! Now my hypochondria's kicking in!)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

How many people actually died from vaccines in the last type of swine virus I wonder compared to how many people may actually have been saved by it ?

No swine flu outbreak ever manifested itself. The inoculation was useless for this reason and was considered a horrid waste of money.

I'm just wondering if they would really NEED to deliberately contaminate vaccines as enough people won't bother getting one anyway so therefore loads might die anyway ?

Vaccines are stabilized with preservatives such as mercury. They are contaminated to begin with.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by h8red42

But if this is the case isn't it a rather stupid tactic on their part ?
Alot of journalists would pick up on the fact that a vaccine can take a year to develop and so if whatever vaccine they are doling out now DID work surely that would raise ALOT of questions and the finger of blame become easy to point at the government ?

Then you have to ask yourself, okay, if they have deliberately prepared a vaccine in advance which is designed not to protect but to kill, won't this soon enough be noticed and so again, all suspicion be aimed in the direction of the powers that be ? I mean it seems like such a DIM way to go about killing people. It would become so obvious it was deliberate so why would they even bother employing that kind of strategy ?

Wouldn't it be far easier to deliberately unleash a virus KNOWING a vaccine could take a year to develop and that by the time that it was developed tens of millions would be dead as existing, out of date vaccines like tamiflu and whatever else they would try would just be useless ? That seems far more logical than infecting people with the actual vaccine ?!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Hello mrwupy! Thanks for your input!

There is something nagging at me about the vaccinations in Mexico...I have posted this over and over sounding like a broken record...but Tamiflu is not a vaccine like some are suggesting. It is a little pill...And MSNBC reported Here that there is no vaccine for this strain/mutation...so what do you think they are doing down there? Maybe Mexico just does it's own thing? I just dont get it...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I agree, it seems really odd to be vaccinating people when no vaccine exists. They may just be using up the vaccine they have on hand.

False hope may be better than no hope at all. Especially when people are dying.

Just my thoughts on it,

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Seven people have been diagnosed with a new kind of swine flu in California and Texas, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported on Thursday.

All seven people have recovered but the virus itself is a never-before-seen mixture of viruses typical among pigs, birds and humans, the CDC said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Sorry to sound ignorant about it, we all know what to deny you know.. but it just doesn't sound that drastic...

meh..

Ok, while you have been "meh-ing", Drudge report has it's top headline as:
OUTBREAK
The linked article from Drudge to Breitbart lists SIXTY dead now, up from reported sixteen dead earlier today. Truth? Hype? Conspiracy? You will have to decide for yourselves.

What to do? Nothing. If you're healthy or more at risk, just follow basic precautions. There's no "meh-dicine" for this problem. My advice is not to take any immunization.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Check this out:
www.clevelandleader.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join