It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mathematics of 2012: The Coming Singularity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I came across a very fascinating video of a spiritual teacher explaining the mathematics of 2012. He basically says this: The 2012 is going to be a point when time will a reach singularity, and what results will be a temporal period of change becoming infinite(total chaos) destroying the current civilisation, to make way for a new one. He says this has happened before 5000 years ago, for which we have no written records, other than the Sanskrit tradition and their Vedas. His demonstration of the mathematics of time and the 2012 date are convincing:

2012: Matrix Singularity Seminar Part 2--Fractal Time

2012: Matrix Singularity Seminar Part 3--Quantum Change

The last video is the most interesting.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This would be a great realization but......

Were are the sources for this extraordinary claims, were are the facts, the evidence.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I don't know how he drew the grapth. There are two things that go over my head: astrology and mathematics. Basically his cycle is based on the precision of the equinox which is approx 27,000 years long, and this cycle is turned divided into quadrants, each quadrent referring to an age: golden, silver, broze and iron. We are currently in the quadrant of the iron age, and will be entering the golden age in 2012, but not before current civilisation is destroyed in his singularity. In this singularity, according to his graphs, change becomes infinite, what can change will change: economics, politics, climate etc. He shows we will hit our first peak in August 2010 and then by 2012 there is total chaos.

I think there is some validity to what he is saying. It indeed does seem we are going through very major economic, political and climatic changes, which seem to be accelerating exponentially, just as his grapth suggests.
I especially find it interesting how he says technology will stop working after 2012, this is quite similar to the scientists predicting the shutdown of the the power-grid in 2012.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

I can understand his points in cycles, redundances in time.

What throws me into a huge loop, is when he begins to talk about zetas? I think thats what he said, and Lord Khrishna I suppose the same thing the Hindus are into but a different level.

His analysis of future events is a very catastrophic one, no sign of good in the period, if true, I might not feel so good about living in this time period!

I wish he could back up the claims though. Albeit he does raise great questions, about the true dark ages.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
if it happened 5000 years ago then it is hardly a singularity. I am sick of people throwing that word around. now let me get back to selling my comet pills

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I don't actually remember hearing the Zetas anywhere in his talks on the above videos, or the whole series of videos. Can you tell me at what time in the clips he says that?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

In this context singularity basically means a point in time where change becomes infinite and the cycle is restarted. However, in this case it is only a sub-cycle. Kaliyuga - Iron age started 5000 years ago, and has a duration of 432,000 years ago, however it has several subcycles based on the precision of the equinox each approx of 27,000 years duration. Every 27,000 years there is a singularity and then a partial destruction. Then after 432,000 there is a total destruction of civilisation.

There is yet an even bigger cycle every 305 million years there is a total destruction of life on the planet.

So basically singularity in this context simply means the moment when a cycle restarts. So in terms of 2012, the sub-cycle of the iron age ends, then there is a partial destruction, and the sub-cycle of the golden age starts.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

My guess is that he picked the starting point of the Mayan calendar and then used a fibonacci sequence to create a fractal graph.

It could very easily have absolutely nothing to do with the procession of the equinoxes.

Then again, every thing else in nature is governed by fractal geometry, maybe social networks are as well.

Dear mods, WTF IS WITH THE KEY INPUT LAG ON THIS SITE!?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I've heard a different variant of this idea, that a new "age" will start in 2012, being the 5th dimension, except that our civilization will be able to transfer into the 5th dimension if they choose to.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The talk about zetas, is in the second video, not sure when, I'd watch it again, but theres something in the way he talks that is like nails on a chalkboard for me, can't explain it.

I'm really sick of waiting for 2012, I mean it's not even like its for the first of the year, its 10 days before 2013. Bummer, still have so long to go, who knows what could happen in the next 3-4 years!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
He is not saying Zetas, he is saying VEDAS.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is from an Esoteric School. AKA Occult, Hermetic Philosophies, Theosophy, etc.

Good stuff.

P.S. I strongly recommend checking the Occult out if you haven't.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by beebs]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

Ok, I was really confused Vedas, I'll have to check that out, off to your link.

That's pretty neat, found another interesting thing out on ATS, that, with out this website, never would of been a single thought about it ever.

I love this place.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The Vedas are very much the foundation of Western occultism and Theosophy. They are the only living record of our ancient past past 5000 years ago. However, when the teacher in the video refers to the Vedas, he is rather referring to the entire corpus of Vedic literature(Vedic means pertaining to the Vedic civilisation) which describes a very sophisticated and advanced civilisation in the past.

There is another video where he discussed the Vedas in particular and how why have been kept secret for so long.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I haven't been able to watch the videos but I'm about to.

Looking at the graph though it appears to be the inverse of Terence McKenna's Timewave Zero graph.

McKenna's basically descended to zero. Zero being the point of highest novelty. The higher the graph went, the more divisive and disconnected things were, the lower it went, the more interconnected things became.

This guys graph appears to do the same but it describes it in an inverse way.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Okay after watching the first video I can say that it is exactly what I thought it is.

It is a timewave, exactly like the timewave zero software created by terence McKenna 20 some years ago.

It just kinda irks me that they didn't mention him. McKenna discovered this, hell the software even looks the same.

The only thing about this that is different from McKenna's Timewave Zero is that this Timewave is based off of the Mayan Calendar while McKenna's was based off of the I-Ching.

Still very interesting, but come on you have to give credit where credit is due.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bommer09

To be fair he does say, "This is called a time wave, this was generated from the Mayan calender" I do not think he takes any credit for inventing the time-wave grapth, just as he does not take credit for fractals. He is simply using it in his presentation which is suppose to be a very brief introduction.

Anyway this is the first time I am hearing about time wave. As you seem to be more familiar with it, can you explain how the graph is generated and how change can be quantified and measured?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Well, Terence McKenna (a renowned researcher of psychedelics, or at least the states that they produce), developed this theory called Novelty Theory and with it the TimeWave Zero.

Timewave Zero is derived from a certain sequence of the I-Ching and purports to explain the sequence of human events.

It is essentially the same as what is displayed in these videos.

Interestingly, when McKenna set the timewave with it's zero point(where it goes to infinity) on Dec 21 2012 it seemed to fit perfectly with the passage of events (Time). McKenna says that he believes the Timewave describes the influence of Novelty on society. Novelty is essentially change, or whenever something new or novel happens. Now of course this is difficult to quantify, but at the same time it is apparent that the rate of change in society has been steadily increasing since at least the industrial revolution. This fits in with the Timewave perfectly, starting about 2 or 300 years ago, the entire timewave began to repeat itself (it's a fractal) except in a condensed form. The next time it began to repeat itself was right around WWII or the end of it, and since then techonlogy has only increased exponentially. The Timewave is set to repeat once more in 2010 and then again a few days before Dec 21 2012 and then again and again and so on.. to infinity.

I could go on but there are people on here who know way more about the Timewave than I do. In fact there is a thread on it in the 2012 section.

Here is the link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
-later post -

I think despite the mayan calendar the world will change... possibly the sky will fall,

in the end - they were all right (the prophets, the mayans, astrology, AND the scientists)

I don't think that it's going to be exactly the second april 22, 2012 hits us everything is going to change.

One thing that is so incredibly hard to understand - is time. Whether we are here or not.. this conspiracy seems to continue. It never ends... it is the essence of eternity, yet so completely unintelligable. It has not words or actions but one single purpose that seems to govern us all.. to simply continue... forever.

I think there are radical times right now... i think it is the beginning of a very very long end...

And 2012 seems to be a warning or established date. I don't think 2012 is the end, or changing point or whatever you want to call it... I think 2012 is when all of the people who know nothing about such things will stop being oblivious and open their eyes.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Sorry but I am not buying what this man is selling. He doesn't even know the meaning of the word change. Watch how they clip the video in the first couple seconds. Also, why would I believe this guys data when he obviously doesn't understand it himself. I am getting quite sick of all these false prophets.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
For what it's worth McKenna does not predict the end of the world in 2012. He does say that his timewave zero software has predicted 12/21/2012 as the date of the most novel event in the history of mankind and acknowledges he has no idea what it might be but he never actually joins the 'end of the world' club.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join