It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take for people to relize aliens existed?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

just interested to the replies to this question.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Level 3 Contact.

Meeting the aliens, Pictures, Videos, etc will not work, it would have to be a personal meeting.

Though i'm sure if there were a picture of the President with an alien and he proclaimed aliens were real, most if not all would then agree they exist.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I suppose if they appeared on live TV or something like that. Although, it would be better still if they appeared, hovering over a large city in broad daylight. Up close, not jittering about. People do better at believing when they can see the proof, with no scope for skeptical thought. With the possible exception of religious scriptures. (My appologies if people don't like that comment.)

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by theflashor

As I've stated elsewhere, the question is front-loaded. When/if they arrive it will probably be in a completely unexpected manner. For instance, they might develop a "matter transmitter" but it only works when the receiving end is shrouded in deep layers of rock. So they materialize in mine shafts and caves. (I'm afraid I just created a new myth, but that's life.)

It's fun to speculate, however. Just my two cents.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
i beleive but untill a large conciousness of people beleives even i would probably freak out meeting somone from another planet.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I'm sure a good alien anal probing would ensure a realization they exist...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76eddef8b6f8.jpg[/atsimg]

Other than that...a Mass Landing in Core countries.

Even than, TPTB may be able to explain it away to the sheeple...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

you didnt answer the question though mate.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

yup im sure that would make you beleive also mass landing everyone would run about like the sky was falling would nothing else make you beleive?

[edit on 23-4-2009 by theflashor]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
if they hovered above a large city in broad daylight that would be dismissed as prob a goverment secret project.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I can't speak for *EVERYONE* but personally, what it would take to convince me would be one or more of the following:

1.) Personal Contact. If I was able to personally witness an Alien I would be convinced.
2.) Indirect but Credible Contact. If an Alien appeared on Oprah or at a Live Press Conference with multiple media outlets where it was broadcast to millions and under the scrutiny of millions, then I would be convinced. (If it was just on Fox News I wouldn't be. But if Fox News was there along with CNN, ABCNews, MSNBC, CBSNews, Reuters, AP, RawStory, NYTimes, etc, then it would hold water.)
3.) An Alien Autopsy that was verifiable by multiple or independent Forensic Experts whose results were made publicly available for scrutiny would be enough to convince me.

In all such cases, there will still be those who have doubts or remain at least partially skeptical (some skeptics will remain skeptical no matter what, but those are a rare and very trivial percentage of the population). It would take repeat and commonplace contact on a regular basis before those remaining doubts were to be abated.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

you didnt answer the question though mate.

Because the question was front-loaded.

Oops, sorry, should debabble.

Front-loaded. Cart-before-the-horse.

In other words, until it happens I won't try to guess how it's going to happen. Not trying to stifle, just giving my views on the matter.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Alien Autopsy, (what an autopsy of a dead alien)

Why do you think they would want to hide humans would feel threatened instantly., meaning the alien would be in danger if they showed them selfs.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You wont beleive untill it happens which i bet you would freak out if it did.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A Mile wide ship over New York would do the trick. Leave it there for a few hours as soon pictures will spread like wildfire across the globe through Twitter/Facebook etc aswell as the Media showing the ship just sitting there as Downtown NYC is blacked out from the Sun.
I dont think anyone could deny ET life being a reality then.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
yea you mean independence day scenario, ALL GRAB GUNS QUICK AND FIRE!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I'm a combat veteran. I don't freak out easily.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I agree it will have to be a mass siting, that can't be debunked in anyway. Not that I think that will happen anytime soon...

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Emile124]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
ok put your self into alien shoes. Would you fancy mass landing here on earth, with the threat of humans. Because its obvious we as a whole cant handle the truth. The truth is in deed out there, and anyone that dont beleive by now are deranged or hasnt studied the subject and evidences that surrounds the subject,

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

I'm a combat veteran. I don't freak out easily.

lol what are you going to do go to combat with the alien to stop your self from freaking out

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The only difference would be ID4 the Aliens attacked first, we "Could" theoretically try and launch a few cruise missiles their way but they already shown they have weapon jamming measures in place to stop such actions from occuring.
We like to think of ourselves as launching nukes at mile long ships if they ever did appear, but fact is Pilot testimony says that even with balls the size of cars, they can jam weapon systems to such an extent that even the aircraft can become uncontrollable for a limited time.
We wouldnt even get close to pushing the red button because they have the technology to wipe us out within minutes, and the Armys of the world might aswell just throw sticks at them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join