It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The machine that changed the world.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
www.viddler.com...

in 1999, we crossed the line, first time in history we had a computer faster than a humans need for.
in 2000, they fired everyone
in 2001, they turned it over to China

but what I was working on .... well ATS .... but you will use this machine, it is our future.... and 666 is just a number .... but in computers its just a random number that computers gravitate towards wild .... but that is why 666 is used so much in computer products... like bar codes and the like... so the mark of the beast could very well be this Machine....

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
www.viddler.com...

in 1999, we crossed the line, first time in history we had a computer faster than a humans need for.
in 2000, they fired everyone
in 2001, they turned it over to China

but what I was working on .... well ATS .... but you will use this machine, it is our future.... and 666 is just a number .... but in computers its just a random number that computers gravitate towards wild .... but that is why 666 is used so much in computer products... like bar codes and the like... so the mark of the beast could very well be this Machine....

Computers do not gravitate to 666 any more then 665 and 667, get an understanding of computers before making such off base hysterical claims.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Ok prove it to yourself.... run a random number generator in 3 digit mode... after 24 hours... you will see what I saw.... more 666's in the Random numbers than any other.... I did it twice.... I should have did it more but it takes 24 hours....

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Oh, and you wish you knew what I know about Computers... since I have only been working with them in theory and application for what 30+ years.... I only know a thing or two.... I'm sure their is someone out there that knows more.... so, your qualifications are. ....?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
this is just someone looking for the number, you can find the number 38, 79, 23 or whatever number you want to find, if you go looking for it all the time.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
well thats what I thought and that is why I did it twice - granted this was in the late 90's when we were just trying to put two and two together to keep our companies name in the headlines and our stock price up.... we canibalized some really cool technology only to keep the stock up... we are guilty of releasing junk only because we could not perfect the devices before we needed another press release.. over half of our news releases never made it to production. the worst offender would have had to be PALM during those days.... where is everyones Palm Pilots... he he he he

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Ok prove it to yourself.... run a random number generator in 3 digit mode... after 24 hours... you will see what I saw.... more 666's in the Random numbers than any other.... I did it twice.... I should have did it more but it takes 24 hours....

Wow, just because of the simplicity, I am going to do exactly what you say im gonna randomly generate 1-999, 100,000 times, and ill see if your 666 theory pans out ok? 100,000 times is enough to eliminate inconsistencies.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
not sure of the cycles we used.... I think we just assigned 24hrs because that was the software we were using. dont know if 100K will be suffiecent since 24hrs is well over a million numbers generated.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
666 is a coded message in the bible for NERO when they where talking about the beast they where talking about NERO. it was common practice in those days to encode things to get away from persecution and death.

your Random Number Generator idea i could not mimic i went to a random Gen

www.random.org...
After 100 tries of 1-1000 i did not get 666 one time. i happen to be pretty computer savvy my self. what is the exact program you used?

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Bringer]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
im do 1-999 and see what i get:
32,672,932,387,6,523,455,921,339,596,308,322,897,23,94,499,844,228,335,61,511,657,481,911.\

ok i did it enough and havent got it once. i call bs, dont tell me to do something, show me the proof. burden is on the presenter not the observer.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Autoit is a Free programming language download it here.

The code I wrote and used:

#Include < Array.au3>
dim $array[1000]
$x = 0
while $x

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I think we just assigned 24hrs because that was the software we were using.

So you popped in the 24hr disc instead of the 12hr disc?

That was just the software you were using???

And for computers to pick a certain number more than others would have to be coded into the algorithm and programmers would have found it by now and had absolute proof.

If you were into computers as much as you say, and believe this is true, you could have just found the coding and posted it for all to see in your 30+ years of experience.

You realize you just blew your cover, you don't know jack about computers...

[edit on 23-4-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles

I think we just assigned 24hrs because that was the software we were using.

So you popped in the 24hr disc instead of the 12hr disc?

That was just the software you were using???

And for computers to pick a certain number more than others would have to be coded into the algorithm and programmers would have found it by now and had absolute proof.

If you were into computers as much as you say, and believe this is true, you could have just found the coding and posted it for all to see in your 30+ years of experience.

You realize you just blew your cover, you don't know jack about computers...

NEXT THREAD!!!!

Yah he proved that, at least this was a very easy myth to bust, i wrote the code to generate the random number how ever many times, and after 1.5million randomly generated numbers, 666 didn't even make the top 3 letalone first place. This is debunked 5 minutes ago. GG Bornpatriot, have fun with my random number generator.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
As we know by how probability works with RNGs on computers, and no one can duplicate the same occurrence as the OP, perhaps it is more likely that the OP's own computer is demon possessed. If he is Catholic, his local priest could perform an exorcism on it for him (I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time a priest was asked to perform an exorcism on a computer either! Although the Tech Savvy just run an A/V Scan, and Anti-Spyware Utility, Defrag and Reboot).

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
As we know by how probability works with RNGs on computers, and no one can duplicate the same occurrence as the OP, perhaps it is more likely that the OP's own computer is demon possessed. If he is Catholic, his local priest could perform an exorcism on it for him (I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time a priest was asked to perform an exorcism on a computer either! Although the Tech Savvy just run an A/V Scan, and Anti-Spyware Utility, Defrag and Reboot).

Theres almost no such thing as random according to a computer. If you randomly generate millions or billions of numbers you WILL see patterns, and you will see it favor some numbers slightly more each run, but even at that its not likely, he has 0.001 chance to hit 666 when randomly generated. Did he? It's possible, but very highly unprobable.

Anyone on this forum is welcome to download Autoit (FREE) and install (2seconds) and copy and paste the short script i wrote above, and they can test this themselves. I doubt anyone will get 666.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

i just downloaded it to try it but changed the number to a million although im still reading and learning how to use it. i havent even found where to paste that code to yet
yeah i know i suck. i built my computer but anyone with a phlips head screwdriver can do that programs are a whole diffent ball game. thanks for the site though i think i might learn something here

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble

i just downloaded it to try it but changed the number to a million although im still reading and learning how to use it. i havent even found where to paste that code to yet
yeah i know i suck. i built my computer but anyone with a phlips head screwdriver can do that programs are a whole diffent ball game. thanks for the site though i think i might learn something here

Ill give you the steps:
1. Download and run the Autoit installer I linked
2. Go to start menu > autoit > Run "Scite"
3. (Scite is an editor), once scite is opened Copy and paste my entire quote
4. Save the file as "generator.au3"
5. Run that file.

You will know it is working, cause where your mouse is you will see the numbers that are being generated... because its doing the calculators extremely quickly, you won't really be able to comprehend the numbers as they pass.

Once it's finished a messagebox will popup showing the TOP 3 NUMBERS for that run.

After that, it will display ALL numbers, and show you EXACTLY how many times they came up (including 666) the only numbers which won't be shown are the top 3.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

im gonna have to read the instructions im still doing something wrong i keep getting a error cannot #phrase include

thanks alot for your help though but i dont want to take up all your time when i can read and learn. thanks again though. im just not good at this type of thing i havent done it since DOS in the 8th grade

deit to add this is what im doing
"
#Include
dim $array[1000]
$x = 0
while $x

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

Hey, for some reason when I put the quote up it refuses to display part of my code....

The include part should look like:

#Include < array.au3 >

Remove the spaces betwen the < > That will solve ur problem, I dunno why quote wont show that.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by king9072]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

like this

#Include dim $array[1000]
$x = 0

edit. half my post got erased. you really dont have to do this but thanks. ADMIN IF MY EARLIER POST WAS A CODE FOR SOMETHING I SHOULDNT HAVE DONE I REALLY DIDNT KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING

[edit on 15pmu32007 by DaleGribble]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join