It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan bid to stop Taleban push

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
To the OP -
I feel there are several aspects to the war on Terror - the first being without doubt a global push for oil control -
I sincerely believe there is a parallel issue which is simply a clash of civilisations, I truly believe that the US is simply taking it to the Islamic world as the new face of communism, the US has for a long time defined itself through its enemies, the threat vacuum left by the collapse of the cold war left the US seeking a new externality by which to define itself and Islam is it.

More specifically I would look to the troop build up in Georgia from Nato, the recent regime change, the assassination Benazir Bhutto.

Russia has already stated it will allow unfettered access through disputed regions - I personally believe that the US, NATO and of course Israel see a destabilised Pakistan as a global threat - they are not wrong. I would consider a further destabilising of Pakistan which would see an escalation of power transferred to the Taliban - combined with the reduced capacity of the sovereignty would provide a legitimate and reasonable justification for a direct strike against the nuclear capabilities of Pakistan.

If the United States were to gain a strong foothold in this area - then Russia and China would be further encroached with Iran almost surrounded.

An military strike against Pakistan nuclear capabilities would be directly inline with long term strategic goals which obviously are to limit the capabilities of China and destabilise Iran for energy needs.

Can't see much that could be done about this, India are allies, the rest of the region couldn't give a stuff and Iran is not going to say boo.

Would put money on a US strike - expect to see increased areas under Taliban control as a justification for the strike, Pakistan government will literally ALLOW this to happen. Could even be operatives working on Red Flag operations to be blamed on Taliban - the recent attacks in Mumbai were directly linked to agents in Europe.

As we all look to Russia - Nato or Israel Iran - BAM !- right where you least expected it.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

Interesting. I thought of many of the same things. Can you provide some links to any supporting stories in the news or is this off the cuff?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

If they don't already have access to nuclear material? lets not forget that they are funded trained and armed by the Pakistani ISI (intelligence community) so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if this were the case. personally i don't think it will be to long before we go into Pakistan as well and then we will have trouble on the streets of the UK given the number of immigrants from that country that we have here.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Taliban Withdraws..for now

PESHAWAR, Pakistan — Taliban militants began pulling out of a recently seized district of northwestern Pakistan on Friday, a local official and the insurgents said, after the government warned it would remove them by force.

The withdrawal, if completed, eliminates the most immediate threat to a peace agreement in the militant-held Swat Valley that the U.S. government worries has created a haven for allies of Al Qaeda.

Television pictures showed dozens of militants emerging from a high-walled villa that served as their headquarters in Buner, a rural area just 60 miles from the capital.

The men, most of them masked with black scarves and carrying automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenades, clambered into several pickup trucks and minibuses before driving away.

Syed Mohammed Javed, the top government administrator in the region, said a hardline cleric who helped mediate the disputed peace deal persuaded the Taliban to return to Swat in a meeting on Friday.

"We told them that we have a deal, we have a peace agreement. We told them not to become a tool in the hands of someone aiming at sabotaging the peace in the region," Javed told The Associated Press by telephone from Buner.

Javed said he and the cleric, Sufi Muhammad, were leading the Taliban convoy back to Mingora, Swat's main town.

The government agreed in February to impose Islamic law in Swat and surrounding areas of the northwest in return for a cease-fire that halted nearly two years of bloody fighting between militants and Pakistani security forces.

But hard-liners have seized on the concession to demand Islamic law, or Sharia, across the country, and the Swat Taliban have used it to justify a push into Buner, putting them within striking distance of the capital and key roads leading to the main northwestern city of Peshawar.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot
reply to post by GAOTU789

If they don't already have access to nuclear material? lets not forget that they are funded trained and armed by the Pakistani ISI (intelligence community) so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if this were the case. personally i don't think it will be to long before we go into Pakistan as well and then we will have trouble on the streets of the UK given the number of immigrants from that country that we have here.

I don't want to sound harsh, but it was the British government which funded and builded all those Islamic school in Pakistan to oppose communism in the Cold War, the same schools now breed the Taliban warriors..the equivalent of US vs Afghanistan..

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

Hmmm.. which would be a perfect excuse for some more stringent laws over here. You gotta remember though even though there is high levels or immigrants over here a LOT of them aren't pakistani.. and to be completely honest its the pakistani ones that normally have their own businesses.

Not particularly bothered either way cos there simply isn't enough of them to do anything about it over here. It is strange that no-one seems to be reacting to this though, someone needs to do something..

Or are we seeing the same ignorance as with 9/11?
Next false flag on the way?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy
reply to post by solidshot

You gotta remember though even though there is high levels or immigrants over here a LOT of them aren't pakistani.. and to be completely honest its the pakistani ones that normally have their own businesses.
/quote]

We have huge numbers of immigrants in this country and the Pakistani community is probably the largest of them all, out of all the immigrants i would say the Indians are the ones that have their own business's, whilst their certainly are Pakistani businesses in this country the majority of Immigrants that i have seen from Pakistan have either been doing lower skill jobs such as taxi driving and shelf filling in supermarkets or claiming benefits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join