It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New flu with high mortality rate spreading in Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

New flu with high mortality rate spreading in Mexico

www.calgaryherald.com

The Public Health Agency of Canada has told quarantine services to be on alert for travellers returning from Mexico after a number of severe respiratory illnesses (SRI) were reported in some regions of the country.

cases elevated from flu-like symptoms to severe respiratory conditions in about five days, with "a high proportion" of cases requiring assisted ventilation.

PHAC, in an April 20 report, said Mexican officials informed the Canadian health agency that the "case-fatality rate was relatively high" and that most cases involved healthy adults between the ages of 25 and 44.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.baytoday.ca

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I just saw this story on CBC tv but couldn't find any mention of it online yet (on their website).

The correspondent related the concerns of the Mexican authorities in that this flu strain seems to be different than what they've seen but not unlike SARS in the severity of symptoms.

So far, 20 people have died from this.

www.calgaryherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Woah. So this seems to be a SARS like virus but it s a flu? So could this be the ultimate pathogenic smackdown? a H5N1-SARS combo? If it started in Mexico it could easily and quickly swamp both North and South America.

I am on my way to the closet to get my bird flu masks.

Obs out

edited due to my inherit inability to spell

[edit on 23-4-2009 by observer]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
They're starting now are they? How kind of them!

Not unlike Sars in the severity of the symptoms, and we all know where that lovely thing came from!!!! If this starts to cause death, then its going to be time to take organize the end of the governments. And take them all out. That will be their response to their martial law, their pandemics. They go down and every single neocon they supported must be rounded up and investigated and sentenced for crimes against humanity as well.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by StrangeBrew

dang....

It would have been better to have been able to alert us before today.
mainly because a family member just took a flight to Cancun
for a 4 day get-away, leaving at 11:00 AM Wednesday the 22nd

we will be alert to symptoms when he gets back on Sunday PM

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Sweet! An excuse to break out the bio chemical protective gear! I'm going to start wearing it today. They'll call me crazy. Crazy like a guy paint shopping in Home Depot in a full containment suit, I say!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Is this strain of flu related to the swine flu story in San Diego?
CDC: Swine flu seen in 2 California children

I found the whole swine flu story to be quite alarming and now this???
scary stuff.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

I noticed that too. Strange that 2 uncommon things would emerge on the same day.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Mexico's a great petri dish for this, It hadn't even hit me...especially the timing, the weather is definitely Vacation time for many I know or at least getting there.

Might not be the beginning but can't rule it out, we'll have to watch for other front's, they'll get greedy and more than likely throw it at different fronts instead of making it a single incident.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There quality food products they keep getting people in the US sick with theres no telling what they might have. They have been found to pump straight sewer water on the vegitable farms for watering .

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Oh look just 1 more reason to protect our border to the south. Hopefully this will wake up people in Washington.

Unlikely

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Is this strain of flu related to the swine flu story in San Diego?
CDC: Swine flu seen in 2 California children

I found the whole swine flu story to be quite alarming and now this???
scary stuff.

That's a good question. I noticed the swine flu story as well and immediately though of Rumsfeld and the swine flu fiasco of the 70's where he told then president Gerald Ford that "Everyone NEEDS swine flu vaccine protection!"

As we now know, it was a pure example of a useless vaccine peddled by inside interests.

How about the other flu story today though...

Gaps found in dengue fever's armour

Here's the important point they want you to know there...

Researchers have discovered that Aedes mosquitoes have dozens of areas in their cells that could be potential targets for drugs or a vaccine, the study says.

So whether it be swine flu, dengue fever or this new "Mexican flu", I predict vaccines campaigns will be reassuring us left and right that "they got our backs". A quick jab and you'll be good to "go".

Edited "swine flu fiasco of the 60's to swine flu fiasco of the 70's"

[edit on 23-4-2009 by StrangeBrew]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
reply to post by worldwatcher

I noticed that too. Strange that 2 uncommon things would emerge on the same day.

And there is this - in Florida -
South Florida warned about meningitis strain that has killed 4

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Coincidence? I don't think so.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

This has me spooked. I hope it is not what I think it is.

And please don't ask me what I think it is.

Will pray for guidance for myself and my family.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Wow three different stories emerging on the same day.

If the Mexican one gets out of hand the whole southwest region of America is screwed. I live in New Mexico, not good at all.

Well atleast the PTB are getting it over with. I'm kinda sick of waiting for them to unleash destruction upon the world. Get it over with allready!

link   

Thanks for the heads up. Will definitely look into the story.

Will use my humble investigatory skills to try to flesh it out.

Preliminary research:

1. this is the real deal

2. limited in scope

link   
After reading this www.globalresearch.ca... , I see that this could go way beyond a simple or even deadly Flu or big Pharm pushing vaccines! I didn't even go looking far....

This type of threat was addressed at the recent Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America summit in Canada, where officials released a plan that establishes U.N. law along with regulations by the World Trade Organization and World Health Organization as supreme over U.S. law during a pandemic. It also sets the stage for militarizing the management of continental health emergencies.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by FrankWhite222]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Nothing on WHO's website so not that worried yet.

We shall see.

Flu comes and goes all the time across each year, same with new strains.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
IT!!! yes the big IT is here and (it) is made up of many different aspects of human life. What next? Easy answer, more of (it) and it want be pretty. This is the end and the beginning, don't confuse them. Fools are blind and remain so for a period of time. Eyes that see and ears that hear are not natural human traits but are given as a gift. We all know (most anyway) here at ATS that the real # has already hit the real fan. What comes next will be interesting to say the least but know this. Their is a truth that will save. So many blind and without understanding. Its not pretty.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
why haven't we heard about this on"regular news"? you would think this would think it would be important.maybe whitey needs to die for it to be news.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join